Wonder Woman directed by Patty Jenkins - Sneak Peek

Batman VS Superman, Justice League & the rest of the DC Cinematic Universe slate is huge - discuss!

Re: Wonder Woman directed by Patty Jenkins - Sneak Peek

Postby BrunoBKMazing » May 19th, 2017, 4:42 am

The embargo for Wonder Woman lifts one day before the release, but the first reactions on TWITTER are positive (based on previous experiences, I'm not sure, but I feel like getting somewhat concerned right now :))

-- Fri May 19, 2017 2:42 am --

Things are looking good apparently.
I just hope WB don't get too overconfident, and pull off a "X-Men: Apocalypse" out of this.
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Favourite Villain: Killer Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby AW8 » Jun 2nd, 2017, 11:24 pm

Watched the movie today. It was an OK movie in my opinion. I would rank it just below Man of Steel with plenty of space down to the two garbage movies below. It's nice to get a DC movie that doesn't make me want to throw up again.

Gal Gadot's acting isn't that good at times, but Chris Pine really lifts the movie. Gadot looks amazing.

The action scenes were good and fun to watch.

Once again, DC's costumes are amazing.

The CGI explosions and slow-motion really gets old after a while.

Maximum spoilers ahead:
Spoiler: show
I loved the no man's land-scene. The build-up of the movie really worked, with the contrast of the hellscape hitting hard against the beautiful Themyscira and peaceful London.

One of my biggest gripes is the depiction of Germany. Why isn't this movie set in WW2? The Germans are all Nazis minus the swastikas anyway. I don't know whether the creators didn't do any research or whether they wrote the movie as allied propaganda, but either is bad. The Germans are remorseless killers and aggressors, while the brave Americans and British just want to end the war. It's so biased it's absurd.

Another gripe is the fact that the movie isn't really a good depiction of Wonder Woman. Man of Steel gets a lot of crap because Superman kills one guy, just because the tone of the movie is dark. Meanwhile Wonder Woman gets lauded even though Diana goes on a murderous rampage after an American soldier tells her that the Germans are "bad guys", because the tone is lighter and more hopeful . Wonder Woman is supposed to be the guardian of peace, she even says it outright in the movie. Her response to hearing of the great war? Enter it and kill her way to one dude so she can execute him. When it fails and Ares reveals himself, she has a great revelation of love and hope... and follows it up with murderizing Ares and leaving a crater in his place. Whoop de do, very peaceful.

It's absolute slaughter in this movie. It gets worse because the German soldiers are obviously completely helpless against her, she's a goddess squashing bugs who's only doing their duty, same as the allies. No wonder Superman is so dopey in this universe, he's the one person who abstains from killing while his colleagues are freaking mass murderers.
"All the martial arts ninja training in the world doesn't matter a tinker's damn. The only thing that counts is whether or not you have the will to do what needs to be done. " -Black Mask
AW8

Favourite Villain: Bane
Favourite Graphic Novel: Year One

Postby Dick » Jun 3rd, 2017, 12:05 am

Absolutely loved it
Dick

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Under The Hood

Postby Remote Claw » Jun 3rd, 2017, 1:17 pm

Loved it.

Been a while since I've said that about a movie. I really enjoyed the action. Loved how her song from Batman v Superman was used.

As much as I have hated discussions on superhero movies requiring humor, I must say Wonder Woman nails it. Diana's presence as an outsider is very well realized.

Chris Pine was great and I thought Gal Gadot did a damn good job.
Remote Claw

Favourite Villain: The Joker

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Jun 12th, 2017, 6:09 pm

Just had a second viewing this weekend. I enjoyed it even more!
Like I said before, this movie proves that there is hope for the DC Movies, we just need the right people (in Wan we trust!). And with all due respect, Watchmen is one of my favorite movies of all time, but if Snyder is part of the problem, then I agree that he has to go. Goyer, on the other hand, should have been gone a long time ago.

Oh and can we please have some more Chris Pine in the DC films?
#StevieWonder5Evah

Spoiler: show
And some blood too! For fu*k's sake DC/WB! Where's the blood?
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Postby MaxSchreck » Jun 14th, 2017, 3:10 pm

Didn´t think someone could ruin this movie for me... for I think it has (almost?) happened -

viewtopic.php?f=71&t=10813&start=7215

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Jun 15th, 2017, 7:02 am

MaxSchreck wrote:Didn´t think someone could ruin this movie for me... for I think it has (almost?) happened -

On one hand, I don't like exclusion just for the sake of it, if something like that happened in a theater near me, I would be somewhat upset too. But on the other hand, that lasted only for one day, so no big deal. Also, if all this repercussion ended up bringing more interest/attention to the film, that's a plus. Cause it's certainly worth the money. :)
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Postby MaxSchreck » Jun 15th, 2017, 10:33 am

BrunoBKMazing wrote:
MaxSchreck wrote:Didn´t think someone could ruin this movie for me... for I think it has (almost?) happened -

On one hand, I don't like exclusion just for the sake of it, if something like that happened in a theater near me, I would be somewhat upset too. But on the other hand, that lasted only for one day, so no big deal. Also, if all this repercussion ended up bringing more interest/attention to the film, that's a plus. Cause it's certainly worth the money. :)

I can understand when people are annoyed by this (even though I´ve seen stuff that is also marketed exclusively for men), still some reactions have been rather overblown. I bet that if Patty Jenkins or Gal Gadot had openly supported this they would have been branded radical feminists by a certain part of the Internet...

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Postby Mani-Man » Jun 15th, 2017, 11:34 am

MaxSchreck wrote:
BrunoBKMazing wrote:

I can understand when people are annoyed by this (even though I´ve seen stuff that is also marketed exclusively for men), still some reactions have been rather overblown. I bet that if Patty Jenkins or Gal Gadot had openly supported this they would have been branded radical feminists by a certain part of the Internet...

Overblown is the right word i think.
It was of course something unnecessary, but sometimes people should let things go and not look for problems.
We are not yet in a time where Female Superhero movies are as common as any other...so i say let woman enjoy this as much as they want.

Some people might not want to hear it, but fact is that woman have been held back for centuries...its time for this to change.
And everybody who has a problem with that, feels attacked by even the smallest hint of Female strength...is not worth even aknowleding imo.

Either way, Friday is time for me to watch Wonder Woman...im so excited.
Mani-Man

Previous

Return to DC Comics Movies