Batman/Superman movie announced!

Batman VS Superman, Justice League & the rest of the DC Cinematic Universe slate is huge - discuss!

Re: Batman/Superman movie announced!

Postby Remote Claw » Jun 5th, 2016, 3:51 am

Cat Grant is another guess I keep seeing.

-- Jun 13th, 2016, 7:35 pm --

Remote Claw

Favourite Villain: The Joker

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Jun 15th, 2016, 4:24 am

Remote Claw wrote:

People can say what they will about the film. But there's no denying that, visually, it was a work of art.

Apparently, the BVS Ultimate Cut has leaked online.
Some of the things that they got out of it.

Spoiler: show
Dan Amboyer is not Hal Jordan
and Jena Malone is not Barbara Gordon.

YES! :D
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Favourite Villain: Killer Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby arkhamcitydood » Jun 15th, 2016, 2:23 pm

BrunoBKMazing wrote:
Remote Claw wrote:

People can say what they will about the film. But there's no denying that, visually, it was a work of art.

Apparently, the BVS Ultimate Cut has leaked online.
Some of the things that they got out of it.

Dan Amboyer is not Hal Jordan
and Jena Malone is not Barbara Gordon.

YES! :D

ive heard Malone is felicity. I wonder why it's R- rated though

Edit: read the article. Interesting stuff I really gotta see this. People seem to like it much more
arkhamcitydood

Favourite Villain: Penguin

Postby Mani-Man » Jun 15th, 2016, 2:35 pm

Thats an awesome picture, this i visually really great.

From what i read about the ultimate cut...this is the movie we were supposed to get.
It seems to have a better flow and narrative with many of those extra scenes.
Mani-Man

Postby TFDutchman » Jul 3rd, 2016, 3:49 am

IGN pretty well sums up my opinion of the Ultimate Cut

http://sea.ign.com/m/man-of-steel-seque ... -edition-w

It tidies things up, but doesn't actually make the movie better

"Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder."
TFDutchman

Favourite Villain: Two-Face
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby Mani-Man » Jul 3rd, 2016, 9:34 am

TFDutchman wrote:IGN pretty well sums up my opinion of the Ultimate Cut

http://sea.ign.com/m/man-of-steel-seque ... -edition-w

It tidies things up, but doesn't actually make the movie better

Eh, they dont really say something that wasnt clear before...they just made a long article about something most people realized already...but thats IGN as we know it.

The essential "problem" of the movie is still that its too overloaded...adding another hour etc doesnt take that away.
Its simply a movie that has too much stuff going on.
Mani-Man

Postby The Collector » Jul 3rd, 2016, 8:48 pm

I don't feel there is too much going on at all thank to the extra thirty minutes. The thirty minutes gives the movie time to breath, clarifies story elements/character motivations the audience missed with the TC, and makes the first two acts flow much more smoothly. The UE is indeed a better cut of the same movie, and this is coming from someone who loved the TC anyways.

In the end, it seems the UE more than worked. Just about everyone likes the UE and has criticized WB for even releasing the TC. There hasn't been any hate Zack Snyder this past week. In fact, a lot of people have been apologizing to the guy. BvS is still not a movie for everyone, that's for sure, but now it seems the majority opinion has switching for generally divisive to generally positive.
The Collector

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby ChaosThe15th » Jul 3rd, 2016, 11:02 pm

The Collector wrote:In the end, it seems the UE more than worked. Just about everyone likes the UE and has criticized WB for even releasing the TC. There hasn't been any hate Zack Snyder this past week. In fact, a lot of people have been apologizing to the guy. BvS is still not a movie for everyone, that's for sure, but now it seems the majority opinion has switching for generally divisive to generally positive.

Those who hated BvS probably aren't even going to watch the UE. Those who have seen it are probably people who had mixed or positive feelings to the film in its theatrical release.

Also I really have a problem with people saying that WB should have just released the 3 hour cut. No. If you are a professional director working in the Hollywood system and can't make a coherent film at the length given by the studio, then it is your fault. WB would have told Snyder to create a 2.5 hour film and he should have been able to do so.
ChaosThe15th

Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Postby The Collector » Jul 3rd, 2016, 11:55 pm

ChaosThe15th wrote:
The Collector wrote:In the end, it seems the UE more than worked. Just about everyone likes the UE and has criticized WB for even releasing the TC. There hasn't been any hate Zack Snyder this past week. In fact, a lot of people have been apologizing to the guy. BvS is still not a movie for everyone, that's for sure, but now it seems the majority opinion has switching for generally divisive to generally positive.

Those who hated BvS probably aren't even going to watch the UE. Those who have seen it are probably people who had mixed or positive feelings to the film in its theatrical release.

Also I really have a problem with people saying that WB should have just released the 3 hour cut. No. If you are a professional director working in the Hollywood system and can't make a coherent film at the length given by the studio, then it is your fault. WB would have told Snyder to create a 2.5 hour film and he should have been able to do so.

Not true, I have seen a ton of reviewers who have changed their views on BvS because of the UC. Not everyone has, but a very large number has. Even for some who were just on the fence about it, they now like the film. But there are hater, such as Devin Fararci, who will never acknowledge it.

That's not how it works or what happened. The script was turned in and WB had planned originally to release the three hour cut of the film for years. The version of the film test audiences and the WB executives saw was the UC in Dec 2015 and Jan 2016, which explains why the films well overwhelmingly well-received when its very early reactions were coming out. Then WB made the decision to cut the film down to 2.5 hours just months before release for more showtimes. Snyder is not to blame here at all. It would be like blaming Ridley Scott for the Theatrical Cut of Kingdom of Heaven when it was Fox's decision to cut the films down, again for more showtimes, months before release. In both cases, the studios should have stuck to their guns, but their greed got the better of them so the failures are on the studios.
The Collector

Postby ChaosThe15th » Jul 4th, 2016, 9:51 am

^Do you have any proof that 3 hours was the original run time because I find that very hard to believe.
ChaosThe15th

Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Postby The Collector » Jul 4th, 2016, 1:59 pm

ChaosThe15th wrote:^Do you have any proof that 3 hours was the original run time because I find that very hard to believe.

I will have to try to find the links when I get home, but it was confirmed months ago that the 3 hour cut was what was supposed to be released, but after test screenings getting positive reviews WB wanted a shorter run time for more showtimes.

Just thinking logically about it, it would make no sense how the movie would go from getting overwhelmingly positive reaction from early test screenings to being so damn divisive aabout two months later.

Generally speaking, i'ver been all overy the net looking for reactions and reviews for the US. Just about everyone holds the opinion that it is at least a good movie now. Even polls have shown a big difference in terms of ratings between the TC and the UE. This isn't a case where the movie is different, it just fixed the issues most people had it with it which included editing, pacing, and clarity in regards to the story. Those who still have issue with tone, the story and the charactizations still don't like it
The Collector

Postby arkhamcitydood » Jul 4th, 2016, 3:21 pm

The Collector wrote:
ChaosThe15th wrote:^Do you have any proof that 3 hours was the original run time because I find that very hard to believe.

I will have to try to find the links when I get home, but it was confirmed months ago that the 3 hour cut was what was supposed to be released, but after test screenings getting positive reviews WB wanted a shorter run time for more showtimes.

Just thinking logically about it, it would make no sense how the movie would go from getting overwhelmingly positive reaction from early test screenings to being so damn divisive aabout two months later.

Generally speaking, i'ver been all overy the net looking for reactions and reviews for the US. Just about everyone holds the opinion that it is at least a good movie now. Even polls have shown a big difference in terms of ratings between the TC and the UE. This isn't a case where the movie is different, it just fixed the issues most people had it with it which included editing, pacing, and clarity in regards to the story. Those who still have issue with tone, the story and the charactizations still don't like it

I always knew the 3 hour cut was supposed to hit theaters. Just like the rogue cut of DOFP. Although, I thought they cut it out because Man of Steel had great DVD sales, so they gave the DVDs version of BvS more content, higher rating, etc so they can get those high dvd sales like they did with MOS
arkhamcitydood

Favourite Villain: Penguin

Postby The Collector » Jul 4th, 2016, 5:44 pm

arkhamcitydood wrote:
The Collector wrote:

I always knew the 3 hour cut was supposed to hit theaters. Just like the rogue cut of DOFP. Although, I thought they cut it out because Man of Steel had great DVD sales, so they gave the DVDs version of BvS more content, higher rating, etc so they can get those high dvd sales like they did with MOS

The difference with the Rogue Cut is Singer actually decided to cut it down way before it was to be released, so when they did their usual reshoots they were able to work around Rogue and other scenes left out of the TC for DOFP. By the time WB forced Snyder to cut down the movie they had no time to do any reshoots or anything other than try and turn a coherent three hour movie into a 2.5 one that focused more on Batman (which is something I left out earlier. The executives wanted BvS to keep all the Batman material because of their success with the Dark Knight trilogy) It did not work in favor for anyone.

I think BvS would have sold well regardless and been the best selling CBM of the year like MoS was back in 2013.
The Collector

Previous

Return to DC Comics Movies