Batman/Superman movie announced!

Batman VS Superman, Justice League & the rest of the DC Cinematic Universe slate is huge - discuss!

Batman/Superman movie announced!

Postby CROD » Jul 20th, 2013, 10:31 pm

Warner Brothers announced Batman/Superman at a panel which featured Man of Steel director, Zack Snyder.

No news on the story or the actor playing Batman, but it does appear Zack Snyder will direct it and co-write The Dark Knight writer, David Goyer. Christopher Nolan will also be producing the movie, like he did Man of Steel.

Our friends at Batman-news.com also found that official logo above, via Twitter.

Read the blog here http://www.arkhamverse.com/news/2013/07/wb-announce-batmansuperman-movie/
CROD
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Re: Batman/Superman movie announced!

Postby JohnBlake » Jul 20th, 2013, 10:36 pm

IM SO FREAKING HAPPY!

The Batman logo looks like the one from The Dark Knight Returns.
JohnBlake
Banned
Banned

Favourite Villain: JohnBlake
Favourite Graphic Novel: JohnBlake

Postby Benji » Jul 20th, 2013, 10:36 pm

This has awesome written all over it, they just need to find the right Actor. :)

Storms come and go. The big fish eat the little fish and I keep on paddling.
Benji

Favourite Villain: Team Rocket
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Postby Peel » Jul 20th, 2013, 10:46 pm

JohnBlake wrote:The Batman logo looks like the one from The Dark Knight Returns.

I was thinking that as well, perhaps the Superman-Batman relationship will receive it's main inspiration from that book?

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/07/20/r ... ie-planned

The article mentions that 'MOS actor Harry Lennix read the passage from The Dark Knight Returns as a way to formally announce that the next Superman movie will include Batman' meaning that at least some part of the movie would be inspired by the book.
Peel

Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Postby Chob » Jul 20th, 2013, 10:58 pm

I was hoping they wouldn't waste a lot of time with them being at odds and fighting each other since I hate the whole "heroes fighting when they first meet" trope being overdone and the corny "who would win in a fight?" discussions that plague the genre, but they're going there. Although I did like the Thor and Iron Man battle in Avengers and that was at least over quickly.

And I while I wanted a Superman focused MOS sequel first, I feel good about this one. And I think introducing the new Batman in a movie with superpowered characters is the best way to do it after Nolan's trilogy to avoid the burden that comes with doing a solo Batman film following those films. People will be hyped for the team up and not dwelling on comparing the movie to Nolan's movies.
Chob

Man of Steel 2 IS World's Finest!

Postby ??? » Jul 20th, 2013, 10:59 pm

Well, it's official. Batman WILL appear in MOS2. And it seems like they won't get along.

Director Zack Snyder officially announced that Batman will indeed appear in his follow-up to "Man of Steel." He revealed a logo for the movie that combines Superman's "S" shield (yes, we know it's not an "S") with the Bat-symbol, which notably looked different than the one in Christopher Nolan's trilogy. They also used a quote from Frank Miller's groundbreaking graphic novel "The Dark Knight Returns" where Batman and Superman engage in a fight to the finish. Batman says, "I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you." So we can assume that the two icons won't be getting along in the new movie. Henry Cavill is definitely returning, as are Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane, but Batman has yet to be cast.

Source: http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-tal ... 19840.html

Pic Source: http://www.movieweb.com/comic-con/2013/ ... -announced

What's your thoughts? Personally, I love the idea and I'm truly excited!
Riddle me this, riddle me that...
???

Favourite Villain: Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: Killing Joke

Postby JohnBlake » Jul 20th, 2013, 11:00 pm

"I want you to remember Clark. In all the years to come. In all your private moments. In all the years to come, my hand at your throat. I want you to remember, the one man who beat you."
- Batman.
JohnBlake
Banned
Banned

Favourite Villain: JohnBlake
Favourite Graphic Novel: JohnBlake

Re: Man of Steel 2 IS World's Finest!

Postby The Scarred Side » Jul 20th, 2013, 11:07 pm

Is this true? Liek was it said at Comic Con?

Check out my Review of The Hunger Games here http://forums.arkhamverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=22617
The Scarred Side

Postby MaxSchreck » Jul 20th, 2013, 11:10 pm

Wow , this sounds to good to be true ...

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Postby ??? » Jul 20th, 2013, 11:11 pm

The Scarred Side wrote:Is this true? Liek was it said at Comic Con?

It was. According to all the sites, and the picture looks like it's from Comic Con. The links have the full articles detailing everything.
Riddle me this, riddle me that...
???

Favourite Villain: Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: Killing Joke

Postby Red_Robin » Jul 20th, 2013, 11:12 pm

We kind of knew it was coming, but it's great to have it officially confirmed!

Awesome news! :batman2:
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Jul 20th, 2013, 11:21 pm

Honestly, I'm not a great fan of this movie idea, I was expecting to see a MOS 2 before The World's Finest movie, but well, I prefer to see Batman being introduced in this way than in the JL movie. Let's see where this will go.
BTW I didn't like the Batman symbol in that image.
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Favourite Villain: Killer Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby Mr Wayne » Jul 20th, 2013, 11:29 pm

BrunoBKMazing wrote:Honestly, I'm not a great fan of this movie idea, I was expecting to see a MOS 2 before The World's Finest movie, but well, I prefer to see Batman being introduced in this way than in the JL movie. Let's see where this will go.

I like it for that reason. Rather than having your typical mos - superman faces off against zod then having a sequel where he faces off against Luthor or whoever, we're getting a major franchise teaming up with another major franchise. It's something different and I'm really looking forward to it.

I listened to the footage on the batman news website and it sounded amazinggggg. People sounded really excited. Regarding the logo/emblem. Is that the actual one? I know its the one they used at comic con but It does look like they've just put the dark knight returns one behind the mos one. Plus with it not even finished writing yet I doubt they've designed the new bat logo. I would of hoped they would make their own instead of copying tdkr one.

Tell me, Do you Bleed?

You Will.

http://www.onegamersperspective.co.uk/
Mr Wayne

Favourite Villain: Thomas Elliot.
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush.

Postby Euan3112 » Jul 20th, 2013, 11:38 pm

This is great. I wonder who will play Batman. I'm happy as long as it isn't Bale or Levitt.
Euan3112

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Jul 20th, 2013, 11:39 pm

Mr Wayne wrote:
BrunoBKMazing wrote:Honestly, I'm not a great fan of this movie idea, I was expecting to see a MOS 2 before The World's Finest movie, but well, I prefer to see Batman being introduced in this way than in the JL movie. Let's see where this will go.

I like it for that reason. Rather than having your typical mos - superman faces off against zod then having a sequel where he faces off against Luthor or whoever, we're getting a major franchise teaming up with another major franchise. It's something different and I'm really looking forward to it.

I listened to the footage on the batman news website and it sounded amazinggggg. People sounded really excited. Regarding the logo/emblem. Is that the actual one? I know its the one they used at comic con but It does look like they've just put the dark knight returns one behind the mos one. Plus with it not even finished writing yet I doubt they've designed the new bat logo. I would of hoped they would make their own instead of copying tdkr one.

At least that's what I'm hoping for. I want to see a new and original Batsymbol and a little similar to the Arkhamverse one. I never liked that symbol from TDKR.
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Favourite Villain: Killer Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Next

Return to DC Comics Movies