Batman/Superman movie announced!

Batman VS Superman, Justice League & the rest of the DC Cinematic Universe slate is huge - discuss!

Re: Batman/Superman movie announced!

Postby ChaosThe15th » May 27th, 2016, 9:55 am

BrunoBKMazing wrote:
Remote Claw wrote:I think it was Superman's presence on top of the years of fighting that started pushing Batman over the edge.

I don't think it started with Jason's death. By the time BvS is over, Batman only "Bat brands" two people. One of them being mentioned in a news report. You'd think it'd be a lot more.

BuNKiTZ wrote:Except this time they'll be arguing about who has the higher kill count :lol:

Jason can pass five kills easily :)

Mr Wayne wrote:But, regarding Batman killing, I reaaaaaaally hope that they explain Jasons death sent him over the edge thats why he started not caring and just flat out murdering people.

I wouldn't call it flat out murdering when it's mercernaries that are already shooting at him.

At least, someone else knows the difference between following a movie character's aspect/trend and a psychopath killer. I just don't get how can so many people praise the previous Batman movie incarnations, and lose their minds on this one, when he is literally no different in terms of characterization and actions.

He murders people with intent in BVS. He clearly knows that what he does will kill his foes. In other films he has a clear rule that he doesn't kill and when he does it is never his intention.
ChaosThe15th

Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Postby Remote Claw » May 27th, 2016, 11:23 am

ChaosThe15th wrote:He murders people with intent in BVS. He clearly knows that what he does will kill his foes. In other films he has a clear rule that he doesn't kill and when he does it is never his intention.

During the Batmobile chase and the warehouse, he fires back when he's being fired upon. Not before. He may have the bigger guns, but it's still in defense.

Guy pulls out a grenade. Batman's response gets it as far away as he is able.

What he did to save Ma Kent wasn't all that different from Superman killing Zod.
Remote Claw

Favourite Villain: The Joker

Postby Mani-Man » May 27th, 2016, 11:51 am

A kill is a kill...no matter what.
It always has a intention behind it...either to protect or save or some other reason.

The DCCU kills are imo a lazy attempt to make the characters and everything darker and force us to not see them as pure heroes.

Not one kill we saw was really neccessary in the DCCU.
You cant tell me that Superman couldnt have stopped Zod in that situation any other way...there could have been dozens of other ways.

As for Batman...i dont get what snyder thought.
One of the things that even casual fans now about batman...is his no kll rule.
The fact that he absolutly refuses to take a live, even if it endangers himself.
I can get behind the grenade scene and even the scene when he saved martha...but not the ones with the batmobile or batwing...that was just for the sake of action.
You could say that he just Defended himself, but its just a poor excuse imo.

There is absolutly no excuse to simply ignore this one core rule that the batman character has and is one of his most important traits.
Mani-Man

Postby MaxSchreck » May 28th, 2016, 7:53 pm

I love this Robin design... makes me wish it would be concept art for a new Batman and Robin movie instead of Tims new costume. You only would have to change the R.

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Postby Mr Wayne » May 28th, 2016, 9:20 pm

MaxSchreck wrote:

I love this Robin design... makes me wish it would be concept art for a new Batman and Robin movie instead of Tims new costume. You only would have to change the R.

We must be getting a Robin in whatever Batflek is doing. I too would like to see a variation on that Robin suit.

No hot pants please, leave that to HQ.

Tell me, Do you Bleed?

You Will.

http://www.onegamersperspective.co.uk/
Mr Wayne

Favourite Villain: Thomas Elliot.
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush.

Postby Remote Claw » Jun 2nd, 2016, 5:43 pm

Ultimate Edition Trailer

Remote Claw

Favourite Villain: The Joker

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Jun 3rd, 2016, 4:02 am

That trailer is sick!
Loving what I'm seeing out of the glimpses of the deleted scenes. I still wish it featured all the 4 hours of footage, though.
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Favourite Villain: Killer Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby DatBat » Jun 3rd, 2016, 3:56 pm

WHY IS BARBARA BLONDE?!

Here's hoping she's undercover or something gaining intel on Clark for Bruce.
DatBat

Favourite Villain: Thanos

Postby Mani-Man » Jun 3rd, 2016, 6:44 pm

DatBat wrote:WHY IS BARBARA BLONDE?!

Isnt that Vicky Vale?
Mani-Man

Postby DatBat » Jun 3rd, 2016, 7:05 pm

Mani-Man wrote:

Isnt that Vicky Vale?

Jena Malone is supposed to be Barbara, right? And why would Vicki Vale work at a Metropolis outlet, she's a Gotham news reporter.
DatBat

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Jun 3rd, 2016, 8:26 pm

DatBat wrote:
Mani-Man wrote:

Isnt that Vicky Vale?

Jena Malone is supposed to be Barbara, right? And why would Vicki Vale work at a Metropolis outlet, she's a Gotham news reporter.

As far as I remember, there were no confirmations on Jena's role. But, based on her look and the way she talks, she looks more like a random smart ass blogger. I could be wrong though.
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Postby DatBat » Jun 3rd, 2016, 8:46 pm

BrunoBKMazing wrote:
DatBat wrote:
Mani-Man wrote:

Isnt that Vicky Vale?

As far as I remember, there were no confirmations on Jena's role. But, based on her look and the way she talks, she looks more like a random smart ass blogger. I could be wrong though.

Not sure how legitimate this is, but apparently this poll went out to early screeners of the Ultimate Cut:
DatBat

Postby Mr Wayne » Jun 4th, 2016, 12:05 am

It's more likely she is Babs and just changed her look after being crippled by the Joker.

Anyway I read somewhere Vicky Vale is actually in the film. She is the blonde lady who introduces Lex at his party before he gives that well awkward speech.

Tell me, Do you Bleed?

You Will.

http://www.onegamersperspective.co.uk/
Mr Wayne

Favourite Villain: Thomas Elliot.
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush.

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Jun 4th, 2016, 3:40 am

DatBat wrote:Not sure how legitimate this is, but apparently this poll went out to early screeners of the Ultimate Cut:

I've seen that before. And yeah, I'm judging only by those two seconds in the trailer, which looks and sounds nothing like Barbara, to me. So, who knows?
Mr Wayne wrote:It's more likely she is Babs and just changed her look after being crippled by the Joker.

Anyway I read somewhere Vicky Vale is actually in the film. She is the blonde lady who introduces Lex at his party before he gives that well awkward speech.

I saw the movie with subtitles and Lex said "Nicky", not "Vicky". At least, that's what was written there.
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Postby DatBat » Jun 4th, 2016, 4:51 am

BrunoBKMazing wrote:
DatBat wrote:Not sure how legitimate this is, but apparently this poll went out to early screeners of the Ultimate Cut:

I've seen that before. And yeah, I'm judging only by those two seconds in the trailer, which looks and sounds nothing like Barbara, to me. So, who knows?
Mr Wayne wrote:It's more likely she is Babs and just changed her look after being crippled by the Joker.

I saw the movie with subtitles and Lex said "Nicky", not "Vicky". At least, that's what was written there.

Could be a glitch or a typo, we'll see for sure when the physical release of the film comes out. I've seen that sometimes with theater subtitles/translations.
DatBat

PreviousNext

Return to DC Comics Movies