Zack Synder to consult Frank Miller on Superman vs. Batman

Batman VS Superman, Justice League & the rest of the DC Cinematic Universe slate is huge - discuss!

Re: Zack Synder to consult Frank Miller on Superman vs. Batm

Postby ShadowRaven » Aug 2nd, 2013, 4:00 pm

BrainyAche wrote:http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/02/rumor-next-movie-batman-will-be-middle-aged-veteran-superhero?abthid=51fb6f5ca050ec9056000003
Was I right? I hate that I'm always right in something that I don't want to be right. Why cant they use the Hush story line? I think that if the whole reboot is set in The Dark Knight Returns then its really massed up since its just a novel there's not that much to do about it plus in that story line Green Arrow is an old archer with one arm. The Flash appears first in the Arrow series so its kinda tie in the Justice League universe and in Arrow they didn't get to that point where he lost his arm.
So many good story lines and they choose The Dark Knight Returns I'm also wondering how will they continue after that.
And in The Dark Knight Returns, Superman and Batman known each other for years and as we know Batman and Superman haven't even meet each other in the movie.
I wonder what happened already with Batman if he will be 40 years old in the movie. (It could be older I know 40 years are not the end of the world but if they decide to make Batman 50 or 60)

Now if they really gonna do this with the movie then I want Michael Keaton so even if I'm not that interested in this adaptation I'm still gonna watch it because of Michael Keaton return as the Batman.
And don't say that it would be massed up with Keaton as Batman because the movie is already massed up so it doesn't really matter.
I cant wait for the
Spoiler: show
Young Justice and The Batman
movie after this.

Somehow I doubt these rumors are true. If they wanted a "grizzled veteran" they wouldn't be screen testing Tyler Hoechlin.
ShadowRaven

Favourite Villain: Joker

Postby Mr Wayne » Aug 2nd, 2013, 5:42 pm

We've heard rumours of young actors. Now older actors. I don't believe any. Until we get a definite something I won't panic. However I will be extremely disappointed if they go with a batman in his 40s. As I said in another posted rather have an AC bats or a 25-29

Tell me, Do you Bleed?

You Will.

http://www.onegamersperspective.co.uk/
Mr Wayne

Favourite Villain: Thomas Elliot.
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush.

Postby Harvey Bullock » Aug 2nd, 2013, 7:19 pm

I REALLY hope they're looking at Luke Evans. He'd make a fantastic Batman.
Harvey Bullock

Favourite Villain: Ra's al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: DC: The New Frontier

Postby TheJester » Aug 2nd, 2013, 7:33 pm

Eh, I wasn't a fan of The Dark Knight Returns, so I don't know what to think of this. Of course it's all down to personal opinion though, so I'll have to wait and see.
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Wyrewho » Aug 2nd, 2013, 8:00 pm

If it does fail, I won't be crying.
Nolan's Batman was always ripe for the taking. :D
Wyrewho

Favourite Villain: The Riddler

Postby BrainyAche » Aug 2nd, 2013, 8:36 pm

Wyrewho wrote:If it does fail, I won't be crying.

Yes but its better not fail I want to see a comic book based Batsuit I mean with the classic logo on his chest.
Superman got his in Man Of Steel and I think Batman deserves it too.
Nolan's was a different Batman I enjoyed it but I always wanted to see a classic comic based Batsuit.
I also hope that they wont use Green Arrow in the movie I know that its a some kind of a tie in the universe because of The Flash but still I don't want that if this movie fail then I don't want Arrow to fail with it too.
Its just too risky to include Green Arrow in the movie.
BrainyAche

Postby Peel » Aug 2nd, 2013, 9:39 pm

BrainyAche wrote:

Yes but its better not fail I want to see a comic book based Batsuit I mean with the classic logo on his chest.
Nolan's was a different Batman I enjoyed it but I always wanted to see a classic comic based Batsuit.
I also hope that they wont use Green Arrow in the movie I know that its a some kind of a tie in the universe because of The Flash but still I don't want that if this movie fail then I don't want Arrow to fail with it too.

I think it's something that they should build up to, maybe introduce him just before the third justice league film. I'd personally have him as a central character who tries to rebuild the league/keep the league firmly together after a lot of disagreements.

I want to see Green Arrow as either the lighter/darker version of Batman, and to have them use different fighting/detective skills.

If they are going to use the TV show characters, the actress who plays Black Canary better get her hair dyed, and Ollie better grow a goatee for the love of God.
Peel

Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Postby BrainyAche » Aug 2nd, 2013, 11:20 pm

I-am-the-Peel wrote:
BrainyAche wrote:

I think it's something that they should build up to, maybe introduce him just before the third justice league film. I'd personally have him as a central character who tries to rebuild the league/keep the league firmly together after a lot of disagreements.

I want to see Green Arrow as either the lighter/darker version of Batman, and to have them use different fighting/detective skills.

If they are going to use the TV show characters, the actress who plays Black Canary better get her hair dyed, and Ollie better grow a goatee for the love of God.

I wonder if they will use Arrow then how will they explain the beard since most of the heroes have no beard or mustache because they would be easily recognized if they had.
In season two his industry is falling and he must build a new base plus he will use a new name instead of The Hood maybe Green Arrow. So I guess shortly he will lose everyone and everything and he will decide to remain the Green Arrow instead of Oliver Queen by faking his own death and join the Justice League.
Or what if he must accomplish some things before he become the Green Arrow. What if the first Green Arrow was killed on the island. Maybe Yao Fei was the first Green Arrow who knows and as a honor he will become the new Green Arrow with the goatee?
BrainyAche

Postby CuzImBatman » Aug 8th, 2013, 5:16 am

What people aren't getting is that Snyder said he was using DKR as inspiration. He's not adapting it. There's a big difference. This is the first time meeting remember. I'd expect a 30 some year old who's not an old fart like in the story but still a guy who still knows what he's doing for a while. Like let's say Bruce is Batman for 20 years, 25 to 45, this Batman could be like 32. He's been doing it for 7 year's; met his fair share of rogues; in a routine by now, roughed up a couple times, maybe through or almost through his first Robin, seasoned enough to know his way around the block but not too old where he still has plenty of adventures left in him, without and obviously with the Justice League and consecutive Robins ect. I could see and want Snyder to go that route. Use the basic premise of the DKR Batman/Superman conflict as inspiration byt make it a first world's fubest experience. I would kill to see a combination of the World's Finest story from Superman animated series with a DKR Superman trting to apprehend Batman combo.
CuzImBatman

Postby Red_Hood » Aug 11th, 2013, 8:03 pm

We don't know like we could wait and see but I don't want to wait and find out it was horrible that he's involved

"Say hi to Joker for me."
Red_Hood

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby J.Napier » Aug 11th, 2013, 9:20 pm

Mr Wayne wrote:
Quinn wrote:
Mani-Man wrote:Talking with the man who wrote the most overrated batman story of all time,

Frank Miller wrote Hush?.

Woah. Do. Not. Dis. The. Hush. Novels.

They're meh.

This news was good.
J.Napier

Favourite Villain: Joker/LDM
Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns.

Postby Mr Wayne » Aug 11th, 2013, 9:22 pm

J.Napier wrote:
Mr Wayne wrote:
Quinn wrote:
Mani-Man wrote:Talking with the man who wrote the most overrated batman story of all time,

Frank Miller wrote Hush?.

Woah. Do. Not. Dis. The. Hush. Novels.

They're meh.

This news was good.

Matter of opinion tho tbh. Not everyones cuppa tea but ive noticed a few peeps on here dig the hush novels ;)

Tell me, Do you Bleed?

You Will.

http://www.onegamersperspective.co.uk/
Mr Wayne

Favourite Villain: Thomas Elliot.
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush.

Postby J.Napier » Aug 11th, 2013, 9:23 pm

Of course it's a matter of opinion, what anyone says is.

Unless it has to do with asking whether or not books exist, or something rather obvious.
J.Napier

Favourite Villain: Joker/LDM
Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns.

Postby batman404 » Aug 13th, 2013, 4:57 pm

ShadowRaven wrote:If they wanted a "grizzled veteran" they wouldn't be screen testing Tyler Hoechlin.

If they wanted Batman they wouldn't be screen testing Tyler Hoechlin.
batman404

Favourite Graphic Novel: YOne and TDKReturns

Postby Pieter » Aug 13th, 2013, 5:30 pm

I want a good ol Greatest Detective and Knows every form of fighting Batman.
I died once. It was boring, so I stood up
Pieter

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

PreviousNext

Return to DC Comics Movies