"An Entirely New Incarnation of the Character"

Batman VS Superman, Justice League & the rest of the DC Cinematic Universe slate is huge - discuss!

Re: "An Entirely New Incarnation of the Character"

Postby Peel » Nov 22nd, 2013, 8:06 pm

AW8 wrote:
Bane wrote:Anyone else curious as to what villains will be appearing in this movie? Besides Lex Luthor of course.

Lex Luthor confirmed in your mind already, hm? :adam:

Sure, I've been thinking Luthor since the Man of Steel credits rolled, but what indications have been made that actually point towards his inclusion in this movie?

Also, I'd love to see Batman and Superman fight Luthor and Metallo. John Corben would introduce Kryptonite to the series, and present a threat to both heroes. Of course, all this focus on "Superman vs. Batman!" makes you wonder how much screentime will be distributed to actual DC villains...

Well according to Comicbookmovie in an article I read a while back, it's been apparently "leaked" on how WB want to see their version of Lex Luthor in the upcoming film, and his main inspiration apparently comes from the All-Star Superman comics. They want to show him really intelligent, physically a powerful and intimidating human, and completely ruthless in his actions. I think either Synder or Goyer said as well a while back in discussing the current DCCU they formed with the easter eggs in MOS, that the Lex Luthor they envison would live in this universe would be "as rich as Bill Gates". So those are some indicators of what we could expect of Lex's character so far.

If the film really is "Batman vs Superman", we might just get Luthor as the sole villain, along with a few villain cameos to keep the story going. If a lot of the film will focus on Superman and Batman's rivalry/friendship, then there will be a very long fight sequence as well as a few witty comebacks, and then have the two work together to stop Lex from one of his new infamous villainous, villainous plans.

If there is another villain in this film, I'd quite like to see either a JL villain, or a Batman villain. As Mr Wayne mentioned, Deathstroke would be brilliant for both heroes, as would Poison Ivy, Mr Freeze, Ra's al Ghul, a cameo of Maxwell Lord or several others. I think as well that if Gotham City is visited, we should see references being made to the Gotham villains (IE, a first glimpse of Superman is reported in the Daily Planet for the first time over a year, and before Alfred notifies Batman of it, he is seen sitting by the batcomputer, researching the Court of Owls, and maybe later as Superman is uncovering information on Lex, have him try to contact Batman who replies he is "busy" as he is interrogating the Penguin for more information on Lex).

Mr Wayne wrote:Lex and Slade ftw.

Definitely Lex and Slade, Deathstroke would be a perfect opponent for Batman to face as well as the corruption of Lex Luthor, allowing more time for Superman and Luthor's rivalry to blossom.
Peel

Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Postby Pieter » Nov 22nd, 2013, 11:51 pm

Man Slade would be sweet in BVS !
I died once. It was boring, so I stood up
Pieter

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

Postby Bane » Nov 23rd, 2013, 12:02 am

Maybe they can even get the actor who plays Slade in Arrow for the movie if they decide to use him.

I know, I know, we shouldn't start using characters from Arrow but I really like his Actor and I'd rather have an actor I already approve of than somebody else. And if Arrow/flash shows are going to be connected to the Man of steel/Justice League universe, than it only makes sense...
Bane

Favourite Villain: Bane
Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall

Postby Mr Wayne » Nov 23rd, 2013, 1:10 am

Bane wrote:Maybe they can even get the actor who plays Slade in Arrow for the movie if they decide to use him.

I know, I know, we shouldn't start using characters from Arrow but I really like his Actor and I'd rather have an actor I already approve of than somebody else. And if Arrow/flash shows are going to be connected to the Man of steel/Justice League universe, than it only makes sense...

Yeah totally agree with you Bane. I'm a big fan of Manu Benett as I am with all the actors from Spartacus. I just want any kind of news. But I guess until the new year we won't know much.

Tell me, Do you Bleed?

You Will.

http://www.onegamersperspective.co.uk/
Mr Wayne

Favourite Villain: Thomas Elliot.
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush.

Postby Pieter » Nov 23rd, 2013, 8:49 am

Manu Bennet in BVS
Sign my ass up !
Pieter

Postby batman404 » Nov 23rd, 2013, 1:10 pm

Stephen Lang for Deathstroke.
batman404

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: YOne and TDKReturns

Postby Pieter » Nov 23rd, 2013, 3:53 pm

My 3 favorite Choices for Deathstroke
- Manu Bennett
- Ron Pearlman
- Stephen Lang
Pieter

Postby TheCat » Nov 23rd, 2013, 7:54 pm

batman404 wrote:Stephen Lang for Deathstroke.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
Holy shit gimme that right this second!
TheCat

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Previous

Return to DC Comics Movies