Kinda losing faith in the movie...

Batman VS Superman, Justice League & the rest of the DC Cinematic Universe slate is huge - discuss!

Kinda losing faith in the movie...

Postby TheHauntedKnight » Dec 10th, 2013, 7:49 am

Gal Gadot has been cast as Wonder Woman for Batman vs Superman.
When Affleck was confirmed as Batman, I was 50-50 on being positive and negative. But now there forcing Wonder Woman into this movie as well. I know DC wants to push for the Justice League movie to compete with Marvel, but to me this is the wrong way to do it. You don just shove every character you can into a movie to speed up the process. It takes time and separate movies. Especially since the focus is supposed to be Batman and Superman, now we have Wonder Woman taking spotlight too. Of course I want to see the movie with an open mind, but all this news is making me fearful of the outcome. Man of Steel was amazing, and the news for it before it was released didn't make me fearful. But with this new movie, I am becoming fearful. Thoughts and opinions?
"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."
TheHauntedKnight

Favourite Villain: Bane
Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall

Re: Kinda losing faith in the movie...

Postby Mr Wayne » Dec 10th, 2013, 10:36 am

Losing faith in a movie that hasn't even started filming. Hasn't even got a name yet.

All we know is the cast from MOS will return.
Ben Affleck is Batman
Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman. Not only that, but we don't know the capacity of her role in this. It could be anything.

^ that is all we know. Chill out.

Rumors are rumors.
Remember a year before TDKR when everyone thought JGL was Hugo strange. Rumors will always be present.
A year and a half to go.

And so what if people make cameos every marvel film does it. Believe it or not, people can have cameos without ruining a film.

Tell me, Do you Bleed?

You Will.

http://www.onegamersperspective.co.uk/
Mr Wayne

Favourite Villain: Thomas Elliot.
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush.

Postby MaxSchreck » Dec 10th, 2013, 11:48 am

Spoiler: show

So instead of a Worlds Finest Movie we`ll get a Trinity movie . Whats the problem with that ?
I actually really like the idea that Wonder Woman will be in the movie ,too , espacially after seeing that cover from Superman Unchained that i posted above. But I am wondering how they are supposed to meet for the first time , since Wonder Woman Origin usually has her stay on Paradise Island until she leaves it with Steve Trevor. Of course they could have her already living in America , but doing that , without including the Island somehow into the plot would be a little boring .

Perhaps she got exiled from her home like in Kingdom Come or the Justice League cartoon ? That would be a clever way to give her some backstory without having the heroes travel to the place.

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Postby Enigma » Dec 10th, 2013, 11:53 am

Mr Wayne wrote:Remember a year before TDKR when everyone thought JGL was Hugo strange.

Wait. People actually thought that JGL was Hugo Strange?

I don't think it's unreasonable to doubt the film. At this point it's like half The Avengers, minus preceeding films for 2/3 of the superheroes - give or take Wonder Woman's actual presence.
Enigma

Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall vol. 1

Postby Killa_Moff » Dec 10th, 2013, 12:43 pm

There's only two possible outcomes...
1. It turns out to be awesome. Everybody wins
2. It fails. And we can laugh at Snyder and DC for being morons.
Killa_Moff

Favourite Villain: Killer Moth
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: The Mad Monk

Postby Mani-Man » Dec 10th, 2013, 12:57 pm

Enigma wrote:
I don't think it's unreasonable to doubt the film. At this point it's like half The Avengers, minus preceeding films for 2/3 of the superheroes - give or take Wonder Woman's actual presence.

Yup, when it comes to comic book movies its natural to doubt it, while the japanese try to stay as close as possible to the manga/anime when doing a live action version...........with comic book characters, the producers,directors take a pretty wide swing......especially DC.

Killa_Moff wrote:There's only two possible outcomes...
1. It turns out to be awesome. Everybody wins
2. It fails. And we can laugh at Snyder and DC for being morons.

A little bit simple phrased but yeah.
Mani-Man

Postby MaxSchreck » Dec 10th, 2013, 1:15 pm

Thats because Manga are much more popular in Japan , than comics are in the Us. They are trying to reach a wider audience.

MaxSchreck

Postby Mr Wayne » Dec 10th, 2013, 1:38 pm

Like mani man said its natural to doubt. I myself was bit like 'ah so Wonder Woman is in the mix now....ooooooook'.

But I will always reserve judgement and will always have faith and belief until they announce more.

As max said what would be wrong with a trinity movie? I've heard some people in other DCCU threads think a trinity movie should be done first....they might be doing that and now you're complaining? Obv not directed at anyone here just saying.

This movie will be received like man of steel. 50/50 some will love it and some will hate it.

Tell me, Do you Bleed?

You Will.

http://www.onegamersperspective.co.uk/
Mr Wayne

Favourite Villain: Thomas Elliot.
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush.

Postby J.Napier » Dec 10th, 2013, 9:04 pm

I lost faith in almost much everything DC related. They betray me, they didn't keep their promise, they trick me and I don't care anymore.
J.Napier

Favourite Villain: Joker/LDM
Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns.

Postby ShadowRaven » Dec 10th, 2013, 9:45 pm

J.Napier wrote:I lost faith in almost much everything DC related. They betray me, they didn't keep their promise, they trick me and I don't care anymore.

ShadowRaven

Favourite Villain: Joker

Postby Bane » Dec 10th, 2013, 11:47 pm

I never had faith in the movie and I still don't.
Bane

Postby Killa_Moff » Dec 11th, 2013, 12:09 am

ShadowRaven wrote:
J.Napier wrote:I lost faith in almost much everything DC related. They betray me, they didn't keep their promise, they trick me and I don't care anymore.

Amazing.
:oldyella:
Killa_Moff

Favourite Villain: Killer Moth
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: The Mad Monk

Postby MaxSchreck » Dec 11th, 2013, 12:12 am

Bane wrote:I never had faith in the movie and I still don't.

I believe in Zack Snyder ...

MaxSchreck

Postby Bane » Dec 11th, 2013, 12:14 am

MaxSchreck wrote:

I do too, Nolan was the reason for all the bad stuff in Man of Steel. but I just don't like the idea of having all these other heroes in the film. I just want a Man of Steel sequel. Not an Almost justice League/Superman vs Ben Affleck movie.
Bane

Postby Peel » Dec 11th, 2013, 12:29 am

Bane wrote:
MaxSchreck wrote:

I do too, Nolan was the reason for all the bad stuff in Man of Steel. but I just don't like the idea of having all these other heroes in the film. I just want a Man of Steel sequel. Not an Almost justice League/Superman vs Ben Affleck movie.

To be honest, this film to me is receiving a similar buildup to Iron Man 2 in many ways. That film introduced Nick Fury, Black Widow, introduced more to SHIELD, and showed us Rhodey as War Machine. With BvS, we're getting Batman, Wonderwoman, perhaps more focus on Metropolis, and maybe show us Nightwing as well. You could argue that there is too much of Bat-influence in this film at the moment, however at this point Nightwing hasn't even been confirmed, let alone how long he's in the film. He might just be a five minute cameo in the Batcave for all we know.

With Wonder Woman, I think she'll just be handled a lot like Black Widow; she'll be a mystery throughout the film that the government and Steve Trevor use to combat Superman and Batman whom they deem as threats to society, and then at the end of the film do we finally see her on side with Supes and Bats, as well as more introduction, possibly alluding to her origin film.

Then after this, introduce WW and Flash or John Stewart, then move on to the Justice League movie.
Peel

Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Next

Return to DC Comics Movies