Kinda losing faith in the movie...

Batman VS Superman, Justice League & the rest of the DC Cinematic Universe slate is huge - discuss!

Re: Kinda losing faith in the movie...

Postby xMockingjay » Jan 30th, 2014, 5:00 pm

Harvey Bullock wrote:
I-am-the-Peel wrote:
Harvey Bullock wrote:Like how forced Black Widow felt in Iron Man 2?

I have to say Black Widow's role in IM2 wasn't that strong of one at that. The first 2/3s of the film was just for her to spy on Stark for SHIELD, when they could have just either gotten someone else to do it or watched over Stark. She didn't hold that much power or significance in the plot until at the end of the film when she helped get the truth out of Hammer and assist Stark and Rhodey in the final fight. She was still a good character to have in the film though, but she wasn't that needed really.

But did people complain about her presence in the film? No, not at all. She was there, and people liked it. It's only been recently where I've seen everyone jump on the 'Hate Iron Man 2' bandwagon.

I've been too busy on the 'Hate Iron Man 3' bandwagon to hate on the second film.
xMockingjay

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: the killing joke

Postby Batty » Jan 30th, 2014, 10:20 pm

Just as forced as Samuel L. Jackson and his whole weird organization, pretty much yes since she wouldn't exist in the plot without all that SHIELD baggage holding the movie down. I don't like that movie and never have. I remember a lot of hate on the superherohype.com forums on the first day it was released back in the day when I did that sort of thing.

Like how forced Elektra felt in Daredevil?

Love interest.

Like how forced Betty Ross felt in The Incredible Hulk?

Love interest.

Clearly, she serves SOME purpose to the plot. It's not as if she's going to appear out of nowhere like Ghost Rider here:

And then POW off now is she?

She's in town for a diplomatic conference, or some such nonsense.

I'm not saying they can't come up with a reason to have Wonder Woman, I just doubt they are capable of coming up with a good reason that adds to the story.
Batty

Postby Harvey Bullock » Jan 31st, 2014, 8:20 am

Batty wrote:

Just as forced as Samuel L. Jackson and his whole weird organization, pretty much yes since she wouldn't exist in the plot without all that SHIELD baggage holding the movie down. I don't like that movie and never have. I remember a lot of hate on the superherohype.com forums on the first day it was released back in the day when I did that sort of thing.

Like how forced Elektra felt in Daredevil?

Love interest.

Like how forced Betty Ross felt in The Incredible Hulk?

Love interest.

Clearly, she serves SOME purpose to the plot. It's not as if she's going to appear out of nowhere like Ghost Rider here:

And then POW off now is she?

She's in town for a diplomatic conference, or some such nonsense.

I'm not saying they can't come up with a reason to have Wonder Woman, I just doubt they are capable of coming up with a good reason that adds to the story.

Your logic baffles me.
Harvey Bullock

Favourite Villain: Ra's al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: DC: The New Frontier

Postby Killa_Moff » Jan 31st, 2014, 10:37 am

A difference of opinion? What madness is this?!!!!
Killa_Moff

Favourite Villain: Killer Moth
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: The Mad Monk

Postby Batty » Jan 31st, 2014, 4:39 pm

Here's a good rule of thumb for judging a character like Black Widow in Iron Man 2: does she add anything to the plot whatsoever?

The answer is no. Her spying storyline goes NOWHERE. In the ultimate act of unprofessionalism, Samuel L. Jackson blows her cover right away, and looks exactly like an egotistical asshole to be so brazen. Why would Tony believe this shady guy at all after this betrayal of trust? Does a smart guy like Tony really believe she was there to study him for a psychological profile and not really there to steal his most prized secrets? The story would make much more sense, two men needing to trust each other, without her in it.

And she is there in all honesty for one ass flashing fight scene at the end, which would also make more sense for Happy and some feds to storm the compound, rather than two people storming it. Good thing it was so lightly protected that they didn't end up dead for not using any stealth whatsoever.
Batty

Postby Harvey Bullock » Jan 31st, 2014, 11:02 pm

Killa_Moff wrote:A difference of opinion? What madness is this?!!!!

Not really difference of opinion, more a statement about a plot we know nothing about.

And Batty, that scene was pretty well done though. One of the best of IM2's...
Harvey Bullock

Favourite Villain: Ra's al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: DC: The New Frontier

Postby Red_Hood » Feb 8th, 2014, 10:57 pm

The Delay... and Eisenberg not Heisenberg

"Say hi to Joker for me."
Red_Hood

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Previous

Return to DC Comics Movies