Ray Fisher is Cyborg

Batman VS Superman, Justice League & the rest of the DC Cinematic Universe slate is huge - discuss!

Ray Fisher is Cyborg

Postby The Oracle » Apr 24th, 2014, 11:51 pm

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/batman-superman-cyborg-ray-fisher-1201163390/

After testing actors over the past couple weeks, Warner Bros. and D.C. have tapped theater actor Ray Fisher for the role of Cyborg in the untitled Batman-Superman pic.

Victor Stone or ‘Cyborg,’ while not a major part in the Batman-Superman feature, is a member of the Justice League and will become a much more significant role as Warner and D.C. develop more films related to the Justice League universe, sources confirm.

Warner Bros. had no comment on this story.

Fisher joins the Batman-Superman cast which includes Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Jesse Eisenberg, Gal Gadot and Amy Adams with Zack Snyder directing.

Production is currently underway in Michigan.

Written by David S. Goyer, the screenplay for Batman-Superman is based on a story by Goyer and Snyder.

Cavill, who plays Superman in the film, expressed a great deal of promise in Cyborg in the recent “Man of Steel” bonus feature, as well as the fictional research facility S.T.A.R. Labs, which appears in several DC Comics.

“I think he would create an incredible bridge between superheroes and humanity,” Cavill said of the Cyborg character.

S.T.A.R. Labs was also the workplace of Justice League characters Professor Hamilton (played by Richard Schiff in “Man of Steel”) and the superhero Rampage, although it’s unclear whether the latter is involved in Batman-Superman.

Produced by Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder, the untitled Batman-Superman feature opens May 6, 2016.

Fisher, repped by ICM Partners, is more known for his theater roles including the Broadway play “Fetch Clay, Make Man” where he portrayed Muhammad Ali.

He was also one of the actors testing for J.J. Abrams’ upcoming “Star Wars: Episode VII.”
The Oracle

Favourite Graphic Novel: Batwoman: Elegy

Re: Ray Fisher is Cyborg

Postby Bane » Apr 24th, 2014, 11:57 pm

Please tell me I'm having a nightmare right now so that I can wake up from it...
Bane

Favourite Villain: Bane
Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall

Postby Mr Wayne » Apr 24th, 2014, 11:59 pm

While there is no doubt that this is true, until we have Zach or WB comment I'll take it with a pinch of salt. We always get a Snyder comment about casting confirmations.

That being said. IN BEFORE THE "ERRRRMAAAGAAAAAAAD DISSS MOOFIE ISSS TOOO FULLL".

It's a small role. Minor. Probably only victor stone cameo.

I'll also add I know nothing about Ray Fisher. But he looks the part. I know theatre actors are very talented, let's hope he brings his talent across to the big screen.
Mr Wayne

Favourite Villain: Thomas Elliot.
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush.

Postby Batty » Apr 25th, 2014, 12:03 am

So Token Falconish War Machine guy, come on now WB give us the black Green Lantern John Stewart and stop this nonsense. You don't get out of that responsibility with nobody-cares-about-Cyborg.
Last edited by Batty on Apr 25th, 2014, 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Batty

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Apr 25th, 2014, 12:49 am

Jesus Christ! Cyborg IS A TEEN TITAN! JUST LEAVE HIM THERE, AND BRING MARTIAN MANHUNTER! F*CK!
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Favourite Villain: Killer Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby TFDutchman » Apr 25th, 2014, 1:57 am

I'll just post what I posted on Facebook with a little extra:

Should've left it at Batman and Superman. Why the hell are they so intent on forcing more and more Justice League characters into this movie? Can't they just wait until they make a Justice League movie to introduce all these extra, and likely unnecessary, characters. Small roles or not. I'm starting to fear that SvB will suffer from the Iron Man 2 Pitfall of spending too much time and focus on introducing characters and setting up elements to pay off in Justice League in the same way that Iron Man 2 spent a little too much time on Nick Fury, Black Widow, Coulson and really pushing the setup for Thor, Captain America and The Avengers. Not only that but this pretty well confirms that DC are intent on sticking with the New 52 JL line-up. Which doesn't really bother me.

"Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder."
TFDutchman

Favourite Villain: Two-Face
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby ShadowRaven » Apr 25th, 2014, 2:10 am

Before everybody gets their knickers in a twist, I'd like to point out that he might not be Cyborg yet. It's probably just a small cameo to set up Victor Stone to become Cyborg later on.
ShadowRaven

Favourite Villain: Joker

Postby Paradox » Apr 25th, 2014, 2:13 am

I honestly believe that all the JL members will have under a minutes screentime. It'll hopefully be a montage or post credits kinda scene in which they're all shown as Bats or the news shows that Superman isn't the only hero around. I doubt they'll all get involved. Either way I'm pretty pleased Cyborgs been cast, but it looks like it's gonna be the New 52 roster and I'd prefer a more diverse one.

あなたをファック
Paradox

Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Reborn

Postby ShadowRaven » Apr 25th, 2014, 2:22 am

Paradox wrote:I honestly believe that all the JL members will have under a minutes screentime. It'll hopefully be a montage or post credits kinda scene in which they're all shown as Bats or the news shows that Superman isn't the only hero around. I doubt they'll all get involved. Either way I'm pretty pleased Cyborgs been cast, but it looks like it's gonna be the New 52 roster and I'd prefer a more diverse one.

I wish they'd gone with the DCAU roster, honestly. It's more on the diverse end of things and I prefer John Stewart to Hal Jordan. Also, I never understood why the League would need both Cyborg AND Batman. Seems kinda redundant.
ShadowRaven

Postby Red_Hood » Apr 25th, 2014, 2:29 am

JUST CALL THIS FILM JUSTICE LEAGUE!

"Say hi to Joker for me."
Red_Hood

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby Deathstroke » Apr 25th, 2014, 2:33 am

So it looks like they're going with the new 52 lineup. I would have prefrerred Martian Manhunter over Cyborg, but whatever. It looks like the rest of the league will remain like the original. I wonder if they'll use Justice League: Origin as a template for their justice League film. I'd be up with them taking elements from it, especially the Batman/Lantern scenes and Batman/Superman fight. I'm still wondering if they'll connect this to the DC tv universe. Maybe that's why their holding back on a Flash casting?
Deathstroke

Favourite Villain: Deathstroke
Favourite Graphic Novel: Court of Owls

Postby Batty » Apr 25th, 2014, 4:32 am

Deathstroke wrote:So it looks like they're going with the new 52 lineup. I would have prefrerred Martian Manhunter over Cyborg, but whatever. It looks like the rest of the league will remain like the original. I wonder if they'll use Justice League: Origin as a template for their justice League film. I'd be up with them taking elements from it, especially the Batman/Lantern scenes and Batman/Superman fight.

As long as Batman doesn't steal Lantern's ring, I hate that scene as Lantern has defenses against that garbage which should have had Batman be the punch line of the joke for once but overall their interaction does work best there.

But those fight scenes just establish that the League are a bunch of petty dicks, which is so relatable to the mass audience ;) that's the new Marvel template to follow!
Batty

Postby RdJokr » Apr 25th, 2014, 4:50 am

Cyborg cameo? Might as well throw in John Stewart and Barry Allen and call it Justice League for the sake of it.
It had better be just a cameo, because the movie is already too full with the Super-WW-Bat trio.
RdJokr

Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns

Postby JakeFreeman256 » Apr 25th, 2014, 4:55 am

BrunoBKMazing wrote:Jesus Christ! Cyborg IS A TEEN TITAN! JUST LEAVE HIM THERE, AND BRING MARTIAN MANHUNTER! F*CK!

^THIS.
I'm actually good with Cyborg being in it, but still. If they plan to replace Martian Manhunter with Cyborg like they seem to have done a lot recently, I'll be pissed.

-- Apr 24th, 2014, 11:03 pm --

TFDutchman wrote:I'll just post what I posted on Facebook with a little extra:

Should've left it at Batman and Superman. Why the hell are they so intent on forcing more and more Justice League characters into this movie? Can't they just wait until they make a Justice League movie to introduce all these extra, and likely unnecessary, characters. Small roles or not. I'm starting to fear that SvB will suffer from the Iron Man 2 Pitfall of spending too much time and focus on introducing characters and setting up elements to pay off in Justice League in the same way that Iron Man 2 spent a little too much time on Nick Fury, Black Widow, Coulson and really pushing the setup for Thor, Captain America and The Avengers. Not only that but this pretty well confirms that DC are intent on sticking with the New 52 JL line-up. Which doesn't really bother me.

Normally, I would agree with you. The more I think about it though, the more I like it this way. If they just give Wonder Woman, Victor Stone, and whatever other League members they decide to introduce small cameos, I think it could really benefit the JL movie. If they've already been introduced, they don't have to spend half of the JL movie introducing them. It would allow more time for better character development.
"Enjoy yourself out there... in the asylum. Just don't forget -- if it ever gets too tough... there's always a place for you here."
JakeFreeman256

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Court of Owls

Postby The Oracle » Apr 25th, 2014, 5:17 am

I don't mind his inclusion in this film really, as it's probably just a very brief appearance, however I dislike how he'll almost certainly be on the Justice League.
The Oracle

Favourite Graphic Novel: Batwoman: Elegy

Next

Return to DC Comics Movies