Batman vs. Superman: Batsuit revealed

Batman VS Superman, Justice League & the rest of the DC Cinematic Universe slate is huge - discuss!

Re: Batman vs. Superman: Batsuit revealed

Postby johnsyggel » May 14th, 2014, 11:13 pm

Hush10 wrote:
johnsyggel wrote:
Hush10 wrote:I find it funny how they give us a comicbook costume, JUST LIKE EVERYONE WANTED, and there are people still complaining all over the internet about the stupidest things. This is the best suit to be used for Batman in live action... EVER.

This.So much this.I hate the huge symbol,but i can live with it.

I like the symbol but the (I don't know what to call it, the tail?) in the lower center of it is too long. I don't know how to explain what it is I'm talking about but it does bother me a little bit. I can deal with it as this is still my favorite suit.

I think it's safe to call it a tail,bats do have a tail,after all!
When the mugger or the thief stops to think twice,that is fear.That is what I am.Tonight will not be my end,but it will be theirs!
johnsyggel

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The killing joke

Postby Arkham Lunatic » May 17th, 2014, 10:10 pm

I'm not ready to call it the best live action Batsuit just yet, I'll have to wait for a color picture to pass judgement on that, but it definitely looks like a beautiful blend of the TDKR and Arkham Asylum/City suits, so I'm already very happy. Now I have alot more faith in Ben. Go Batfleck! :adam:
Arkham Lunatic

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Year One

Postby BrunoBKMazing » May 18th, 2014, 4:57 am

The suit looks good, not a great fan of the short ears and the symbol, but still, really nice.
Honestly, I wish they had went with something more like this symbol:

Also about the Batmobile............ personally, I don't know how I feel about it. It's almost like the whole back section of the car disappeared. It looks so weird.

BrainyAche wrote:I think that Batman's belt will be dark yellow. The suit looks amazing I think that this will be the Arkham Batman of the big screen. Look at those gloves :O it really looks like an Arkham glove.

I don't get what you mean. These gloves/gauntlets look nothing alike. Looks more like Jim Lee's Batman to me.
Last edited by BrunoBKMazing on Jun 1st, 2014, 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Favourite Villain: Killer Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby TheJester » May 25th, 2014, 8:20 pm

Really liking the new suit and Batmobile. I think the only problem I have is the giant Bat logo; it's a logo we've never seen in any Batman movies before,so I just hope it isn't too distracting.

Other than that, Batfleck looks badass.
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby M. Malone » May 28th, 2014, 6:03 pm

BrunoBKMazing wrote:Also about the Batmobile............ personally, I don't know how I feel about it. It's almost like the whole back section of the car disappeared. It looks so weird.

They are just following the current trend in supercars/hypercars. Looks very Lamborghini-ish to me. I like it!
10pm... I feel the rain coming down. My face feels wet, my mind the storm.
Flashing lights as people race to find shelter from the pour.
Moving silent, through the streets - They're Mine!.... They're mine...
M. Malone

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby AW8 » May 30th, 2014, 5:28 am

Does anyone else find it funny how when Rocksteady goes Nolan with the Batsuit in Arkham Knight, Snyder goes pretty much Rocksteady (or more precisely, the comics) with the Batsuit in BvS: DoJ? :adam:

That same is, to some extent, true about the Batmobile. The Arkham Knight Batmobile looks more like the Tumbler than Burtonmobile/Arkham Asylum Batmobile, while the Snydermobile looks more like the Burtonmobile/Arkham Asylum Batmobile than Tumbler.

The movies used to favor an armored look while the games used to favor a comic book look, now it's the opposite.

(I can't completely judge the Batmobile part since we haven't seen a full photo of the Snydermobile yet.)
"All the martial arts ninja training in the world doesn't matter a tinker's damn. The only thing that counts is whether or not you have the will to do what needs to be done. " -Black Mask
AW8

Favourite Villain: Bane

Postby johnsyggel » May 30th, 2014, 2:12 pm

We officailly call it Snyderverse now? :oldyella: Anyway,i do like the fact that they're going for a more comic-style suit.It was about time,if you ask me.
When the mugger or the thief stops to think twice,that is fear.That is what I am.Tonight will not be my end,but it will be theirs!
johnsyggel

Postby TheJester » May 30th, 2014, 4:38 pm

AW8 wrote:Does anyone else find it funny how when Rocksteady goes Nolan with the Batsuit in Arkham Knight, Snyder goes pretty much Rocksteady (or more precisely, the comics) with the Batsuit in BvS: DoJ? :adam:

That same is, to some extent, true about the Batmobile. The Arkham Knight Batmobile looks more like the Tumbler than Burtonmobile/Arkham Asylum Batmobile, while the Snydermobile looks more like the Burtonmobile/Arkham Asylum Batmobile than Tumbler.

The movies used to favor an armored look while the games used to favor a comic book look, now it's the opposite.

(I can't completely judge the Batmobile part since we haven't seen a full photo of the Snydermobile yet.)

I'd noticed this too. I guess the Synderverse is going for a more comic book style to contrast the Nolanverse's armored look and to distinguish itself as a separate universe. For AK, I think it's mainly to show off the next gen graphics.
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby AW8 » May 31st, 2014, 12:54 am

TheJester wrote:I'd noticed this too. I guess the Synderverse is going for a more comic book style to contrast the Nolanverse's armored look and to distinguish itself as a separate universe.

You raise good points. Contrast and identity. I guess Snyder's hard-on for The Dark Knight Returns weighed in heavily as well. And if Batman puts on a specialized armor batsuit, the contrast is even bigger if he doesn't look covered in armor from the start.

TheJester wrote:For AK, I think it's mainly to show off the next gen graphics.

Check out my tesselated chest plates!

johnsyggel wrote:We officailly call it Snyderverse now? :oldyella: Anyway,i do like the fact that they're going for a more comic-style suit.It was about time,if you ask me.

I guess it's DC Cinematic Universe, DCCU, although Snyderverse works well when lined up next to Burtonverse and Nolanverse.
"All the martial arts ninja training in the world doesn't matter a tinker's damn. The only thing that counts is whether or not you have the will to do what needs to be done. " -Black Mask
AW8

Favourite Villain: Bane

Postby Revenant36 » May 31st, 2014, 1:09 am

TheJester wrote:I'd noticed this too. I guess the Synderverse is going for a more comic book style to contrast the Nolanverse's armored look and to distinguish itself as a separate universe. For AK, I think it's mainly to show off the next gen graphics.

I think you're prob'ly right about the AK batsuit. Which is a shame, because B:AC's version of the batsuit might be my favourite. I'm really not a fan of the AK design.

As for the BvS:DoJ batsuit, I really like it. It has the potential to be the best live-action batsuit so far, but like a few people have already said, I'll need to see a colour image (hopefully comic-con will give us one) before I make that claim. I'm hoping for black (but I'd be happy enough with desaturated dark blue) for the cape, cowl, gauntlets and boots, black for the symbol and yellow/gold for the belt with the rest being a mid-tone grey. Personally I prefer the longer ears of other suits, but it doesn't bother me enough to be disappointed about it.

The symbol - I like it. It's obviously an homage to the one from TDKR, and it's big, chunky and somehow suggests a raw force of nature. Completely at odds with the graceful elegance suggested by Superman's symbol. Of course, the main reason for designing the symbol the way the did was to fit the Superman shield logo inside it, but it works.

One thing I've not seen discussed much is the cape. I love that the cape and cowl finally look like they're truly one piece. That's always been my favourite look for them. The Keaton suits came close but there was still a visible seperation. It looks like the cape is very thick and heavy, almost leather. Which raises the question; how will it do with catching the wind and billowing out behind Batman? You always see it in the comics and it's something that was captured very well in the Nolan movies. Of course, it'll prob'ly be a moot point as I'm expecting the cape to be a largely CGI element.

As for the batmobile, it's hard to say when we still haven't seen a full shot of it. I CAN say that what I've seen so far has given me reason to suspect I'm gonna like the whole thing, although it appears to be missing a large booster engine at the back, which is a little upsetting. Beyond that, it looks like it's gonna look like a batmobile again. Though I'm hoping for fins of some sort. Either two at the sides, or one down the middle but not too big. Don't get me wrong, the Tumbler was an awesome machine, but it wasn't a batmobile. I'm torn between the Burtonmobile and the B:AA batmobile when it comes to my favourite version, but this looks like it's going to take elements from both, so that can only be good. I wonder if they'll go with red interior lighting as it's usually shown in the comics?

Anyway, by now you're either thinking "why is he still typing?" or "why do I still care?", so I'll finish off by saying that I'm optimistic and excited. If Affleck plays the part as well as he looks it in costume then we may be about to get our best big screen Batman yet, something I never imagined I'd say when I first read the casting announcement...
Revenant36

Postby shadow » Jun 1st, 2014, 4:03 am

For me, Batleck's suit is the best since Burton's two.
shadow

Favourite Graphic Novel: TDKR

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Jun 1st, 2014, 5:10 am

Just out of curiosity, am I only one who sees a clown in the mist?

Joker easter egg, perhaps?... :joker:
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Favourite Villain: Killer Croc

Postby TheCat » Jun 1st, 2014, 3:24 pm

M. Malone wrote:The symbol looks retarded. It is so fat it loses definition of what it is supposed to be. But other than that it looks alright.

Forever posting this comparison picture:
TheCat

Postby johnsyggel » Jun 1st, 2014, 5:18 pm

shadow wrote:For me, Batleck's suit is the best since Burton's two.

Amen to that,brother.
johnsyggel

Postby Revenant36 » Jun 1st, 2014, 10:00 pm

BrunoBKMazing wrote:Just out of curiosity, am I only one who sees a clown in the mist?

(snip pic)

Joker easter egg, perhaps?... :joker:

I didn't see it until somebody pointed it out, and now I can't unsee it! But I don't think so. I think I see the batmobile's seat through the mist, with the clown face looking thing making part of the seat. Bearing that in mind, it looks like there's another one on what would then be the other side of the seat. I dunno. I just hope Joker has no involvement in this movie. He's my all time favourite villain, but there's already too much going on to be able to properly do him justice...
Revenant36

PreviousNext

Return to DC Comics Movies