Suicide Squad directed by David Ayer - Trailer

Batman VS Superman, Justice League & the rest of the DC Cinematic Universe slate is huge - discuss!

Suicide Squad directed by David Ayer - Trailer

Postby The Oracle » Dec 17th, 2014, 8:27 pm

Since this is no longer just a Batman v Superman section, it seems like a good idea to give some of the other films their own threads as well.

The cast is:
Viola Davis as Amanda Waller
Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn
Joel Kinnaman as Rick Flagg
Will Smith as Deadshot
Jai Courtney as Captain Boomerang
Cara Delevingne as Enchantress
Jared Leto as the Joker
Ben Affleck as Batman
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Killer Croc
Karen Fukuhara as Katana
Jim Parrack as Johnny Frost
Jay Hernandez as El Diablo
Adam Beach as Slipknot
Corina Calderon as Agent Karin Grace
Common as ???
Scott Eastwood as ???
Ike Barinholtz as ???
David Harbour as ???
Release date: August 5, 2016.

Last edited by The Oracle on Jan 20th, 2016, 4:31 am, edited 31 times in total.
The Oracle

Favourite Graphic Novel: Batwoman: Elegy

Re: Suicide Squad directed by David Ayer

Postby Mr Wayne » Dec 18th, 2014, 12:55 am

Costumes.

I.

Want.

To.

See.

Their.

Costumes.

NOW.

Tell me, Do you Bleed?

You Will.

http://www.onegamersperspective.co.uk/
Mr Wayne

Favourite Villain: Thomas Elliot.
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush.

Postby The Oracle » Dec 18th, 2014, 12:59 am

I just need Harley's, I'm nervous we'll get the New 52 Suicide Squad costume which bleeeeeh. Hopefully it'll be very close to the classic one.
The Oracle

Postby Mr Wayne » Dec 18th, 2014, 1:02 am

It's Harley's costume I'm looking forward to seeing too. If the Designer for BvS is working on SS then we should be in for a treat. I'd like to think they'll make her elegantly sexy.

Tell me, Do you Bleed?

You Will.

Mr Wayne

Postby TheCat » Dec 18th, 2014, 1:57 am

I'm most curious for Harley & Joker's look.
Their the most nerve-wrecking, too.
TheCat

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby The Oracle » Jan 7th, 2015, 10:49 pm

http://www.nerdreport.com/2015/01/07/viola-davis-talks-amanda-waller-suicide-squad/

Story by Fred Topel.

Yesterday was the press junket for Blackhat, the new Michael Mann thriller starring Chris Hemsworth. Viola Davis was there for her role as a U.S. agent working with China to stop cyberterrorism. After the press conference, I approached Davis, who was happy to talk about Suicide Squad, the DC comics movie in which Latino Review (http://www.latino-review.com/news/exclu ... cide-squad) reports she is to play Amanda Waller.

Davis told me she’s still working it out and has not begun reading comic books for research yet. “Not yet,” Davis said. “I have not started reading them yet. I’ve read up about her but I’m working out my schedule for Suicide Squad.”

However, she clearly loves the character and said she can’t wait to delve in. “I’m fascinated by her. I’m fascinated by her in this world of superhero-ness because she is not a woman that you would expect. I think that she is a massive contradiction. She’s this big powerful black woman, hard, ready to pick up a gun and shoot anyone at will. I’m fascinated in exploring her psychology, just put it that way. And I’m excited to pick up a gun.”

Blackhat certainly displays Davis’s action prowess, although she says she’s done it before. “You know, I’ve done action before but I guess a lot of those scenes were cut in movies. Yeah, this was good research because I certainly had to do a lot of it.”

We’ll have more with the cast of Blackhat next week on Nuke the Fridge. Suicide Squad will be released August 5, 2016.
The Oracle

Postby Joeker » Jan 9th, 2015, 3:37 pm

Viola Davis is fantastic casting, first time I saw her was in Law Abiding Citizen and she shows in that that she can play Amanda Waller.

I'm so hyped for this movie, especially after watching all these fan-made trailers (I know the actual film won't be like them). I just want to see what Joker, Harley and Deadshot look like, and I actually like Will Smith as Deadshot, I think he's a great actor.
I'm also intrigued about Cara Delevingne as Enchantress, interesting choice, obviously I haven't seen her act before but I think she's in Pan aswell so hopefully that means she's not bad. It will be very interesting to see magic in this universe. Also I hope this means that the Justice League Dark film is going to happen and will connect with the DCCU.

Why not check out my fanart?
http://forums.arkhamverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=21259
Latest sketch: Peter Capaldi as The Doctor
Joeker

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby The Oracle » Jan 15th, 2015, 8:45 pm

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/tom-hardy-drops-suicide-squad-764095?facebook_20150115

Tom Hardy has dropped out of Suicide Squad, Warner Bros.’s all-star comic book movie being directed by David Ayer.
Based on DC Entertainment’s villains-forced-to-be-heroes characters, the cast boasts a nefarious line-up that includes Will Smith, Margot Robbie, and Jared Leto, along with Jai Courtney and Cara Delevingne.
Hardy was to have played Rick Flagg, the leader of the group that consisted of Batman villains Deadshot (Smith), Joker (Leto), and Harley Quinn (Harley Quinn), plus Boomerang (Courtney) and Enchantress (Delevigne).
Reasons for Hardy’s exit weren’t immediately known although scheduling could be a factor, according to sources. The actor is currently shooting The Revenant, Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu’s frontier drama that also stars Leonardo DiCaprio, and that shoot is now looking to go longer than initially planned.
Hardy is also starring in Mad Max: Fury Road for Warners and that movie opens May 15, smack in the middle of Suicide filming. The movie is due to begin shooting mid-April shoot in Toronto and has an Aug. 5, 2016 release date.

One of the reasons I was excited. :(

Also Harley Quinn played by Harley Quinn. :P

http://www.thewrap.com/jake-gyllenhaal-eyed-to-replace-tom-hardy-in-david-ayers-suicide-squad-exclusive/

Jake Gyllenhaal may not have received an Oscar nomination for “Nightcrawler” on Thursday but he could still end the day with a win, as David Ayer is courting his “End of Watch” star to replace Tom Hardy as Rick Flag in “Suicide Squad,” an individual familiar with the comic book project has told TheWrap.
Warner Bros. had no comment, while a representative for Gyllenhaal didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.
Hardy was forced to exit the project because Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu’s “The Revenant” is going over schedule into mid-March, after which Hardy will be needed to promote WB’s “Mad Max: Fury Road.”

“Suicide Squad” is set to star Will Smith as Deadshot, Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, Jai Courtney as Captain Boomerang, Cara Delevigne as Enchantress and Jared Leto as The Joker, as first reported by TheWrap. Meanwhile, Viola Davis is in negotiations to play Amanda Waller and Jesse Eisenberg is in talks to reprise his upcoming role as Lex Luthor.
Gyllenhaal has emerged as Ayer’s favorite to play “Suicide Squad” leader Rick Flag, having previously worked with the director on “End of Watch,” which led to roles in WB’s well-received thriller “Prisoners” and the riveting “Nightcrawler” role that earned him a slew of critics awards on top of a Golden Globe nomination. He’s currently up for a SAG award for the same film.
“Suicide Squad” is being produced by Charles Roven and Richard Suckle, while Zack Snyder, Deborah Snyder, Colin Wilson and Geoff Johns are serving as executive producers. Warner Bros. will release “Suicide Squad” on Aug. 5, 2016.
Gyllenhaal next stars in Antoine Fuqua’s “Southpaw,” for which he packed on a considerable amount of muscle. He’s currently on Broadway opposite Ruth Wilson in “Constellations,” and he also has “Everest” and “Demolition” in the can.
Gyllenhaal is represented by WME and attorney Alan Hergott.
The Oracle

Postby ChaosThe15th » Jan 15th, 2015, 9:22 pm

Normally I would be sad at this.

But Jake 'freakin' Gyllenhaal would be a incredible addition, what a great replacement if it comes to fruition.
ChaosThe15th

Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Postby Peel » Jan 15th, 2015, 9:28 pm

Worst News of the week.

Tom Hardy would've been a GREAT Rick Flag Jr. He was one of the three actors next to Smith and Leto that drew me to this film. Such a fantastic underrated actor.

Jake Gyllenhaal is good, but not for something like Rick Flag. This is the guy I'll always see as the gay cowboy off Brokeback Mountain - not some intimidating gun toting government stooge like flag. He'd be fantastic as GL and a realisticly good option too - but not for Flag

Man, I don't know who I want now...

Edit: I think Jon Bernthal would be the next best option. He was in Ayer's Fury and was a candidate to play Deadshot - he has the right look and edge about him to play Flag. I'd be happy with him as Flag IMO.
Peel

Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Postby Mr Wayne » Jan 15th, 2015, 9:56 pm

CHAOS15 wrote:Normally I would be sad at this.

But Jake 'freakin' Gyllenhaal would be a incredible addition, what a great replacement if it comes to fruition.

I second this.

Tell me, Do you Bleed?

You Will.

Mr Wayne

Postby Joeker » Jan 15th, 2015, 10:24 pm

At least Hardy can come back later on to play Bane :bane:
Gyllenhaal is a fantastic replacement, couldn't pick any better really. Although, I was hoping he'd join the DCCU in another role.

Why not check out my fanart?
http://forums.arkhamverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=21259
Latest sketch: Peter Capaldi as The Doctor
Joeker

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Prisoner 4011 » Jan 16th, 2015, 8:35 am

The Oracle wrote:Since this is no longer just a Batman v Superman section, it seems like a good idea to give some of the other films their own threads as well.

Of course the current cast is:
Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn
Tom Hardy as Rick Flagg
Will Smith as Deadshot
Jai Courtney as Captain Boomerang
Cara Delevingne as Enchantress
Jared Leto as the Joker
and, if Latino Review is correct, Viola Davis as Amanda Waller

Release date: August 5, 2016.

Alright Viola Davis is gonna rock this film! :D
Prisoner 4011

Postby TheCat » Jan 16th, 2015, 6:08 pm

I-am-the-Peel wrote:This is the guy I'll always see as the gay cowboy off Brokeback Mountain

Shame for you then. Saw him as Bubble Boy & then Donnie Darko first so I have 0 problems with him.
In fact, that's kinda like saying you can't see Heath as the Joker cause he was the other gay cowboy. lmao.
Maybe watch End of Watch & see about Jake.

Shame about Hardy but at the very least it wasn't his first comic book role that he's missing out on.
Maybe he'll come back later to the DCCU.
TheCat

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby AW8 » Jan 16th, 2015, 8:40 pm

Sad about the loss of Hardy.
"All the martial arts ninja training in the world doesn't matter a tinker's damn. The only thing that counts is whether or not you have the will to do what needs to be done. " -Black Mask
AW8

Favourite Villain: Bane
Favourite Graphic Novel: Year One

Next

Return to DC Comics Movies