The Flash directed by Seth Grahame-Smith

Batman VS Superman, Justice League & the rest of the DC Cinematic Universe slate is huge - discuss!

Re: The Flash directed by Seth Grahame-Smith

Postby DatBat » May 1st, 2016, 4:49 pm

I love the Flash show and the story is great anfld would fit a film perfectly. But not like a year or two after it was told flawlessly (imo) in a show that had over 10 hours to build on it. Watering it down into 1/5 of the length this soon after a long in-depth version is ridiculous. I hope the rumors are false because even if they manage to do it better than the show it still will feel too familiar. I'd love if they did Flashpoint.
DatBat

Favourite Villain: Manbat

Postby BrunoBKMazing » May 1st, 2016, 6:47 pm

DatBat wrote:I love the Flash show and the story is great anfld would fit a film perfectly. But not like a year or two after it was told flawlessly (imo) in a show that had over 10 hours to build on it. Watering it down into 1/5 of the length this soon after a long in-depth version is ridiculous. I hope the rumors are false because even if they manage to do it better than the show it still will feel too familiar. I'd love if they did Flashpoint.

I really want to see a Flash movie based on the Flashpoint story too. But, I think it's too early to do that in his first movie. As the third chapter of a trilogy though, if done right, could be DC's Avengers Captain America: Civil War.
For me, it could be something like:
- 1st movie: Rogues
- 2nd: Gorilla Grodd
- 3rd: Reverse Flash(Flashpoint adaptation)
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Favourite Villain: Killer Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby DatBat » May 1st, 2016, 7:01 pm

BrunoBKMazing wrote:
DatBat wrote:I love the Flash show and the story is great anfld would fit a film perfectly. But not like a year or two after it was told flawlessly (imo) in a show that had over 10 hours to build on it. Watering it down into 1/5 of the length this soon after a long in-depth version is ridiculous. I hope the rumors are false because even if they manage to do it better than the show it still will feel too familiar. I'd love if they did Flashpoint.

I really want to see a Flash movie based on the Flashpoint story too. But, I think it's too early to do that in his first movie. As the third chapter of a trilogy though, if done right, could be DC's Avengers Captain America: Civil War.

That would be cool for sure, but I don't know if Flash has enough widespread appeal to warrant three multimillion dollar films. Also, I don't know if Grodd could hold an entire film. I think that only the extremely popular characters like Batman will get lots of movies. It's entirely possible that if the first Flash film is very successful that we'd see more, but I think the lesser known/lesser appreciated characters like Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg will likely only get one film unless they become more popular. If I were to plan Flash films though, I'd probably want to do it like this:

First Film: Barry is tracking down a villain from his early days as the Flash (Captain Cold, Grodd, someone not as big as Reverse Flash), which allows the film to intersperse flashbacks so we can learn his origin story. Barry finally apprehends the villain and they say something about Reverse Flash.

Second Film: Barry now knows about Reverse Flash, and he then discovers that Reverse Flash murdered his mother. He goes back in time to stop this from happening, then triggering the events of Flashpoint.

Third Film: Barry is much older now and has taken a new Flash under his wing (probably Wally) and then something happens with Reverse Flash causing Jay Garrick (who will be the original Flash), Barry Allen in his prime as the Flash, and Wally in his prime as the Flash to come together across time and universes to take down Reverse Flash, and they have to team up with the Rogues at one point to do so.
DatBat

Postby JordanT4021 » May 1st, 2016, 8:19 pm

BrunoBKMazing wrote:

I really like this idea. I'd be thrilled to see the films spread out like this. Perhaps they could follow the New 52 series with the Rogues and Grodd, then bring the films to a close with Flashpoint.

From what I've heard about production so far, I'm becoming a little worried but its still 2-3 years away.
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Postby Mr Wayne » May 1st, 2016, 9:26 pm

Rather have issues now rather than later. However with rumours about Wan leaving Aquaman so soon....c'mon can we not catch a break.

Tell me, Do you Bleed?

You Will.

http://www.onegamersperspective.co.uk/
Mr Wayne

Favourite Villain: Thomas Elliot.
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush.

Postby BuNKiTZ » May 2nd, 2016, 4:50 am

Mr Wayne wrote:Rather have issues now rather than later. However with rumours about Wan leaving Aquaman so soon....c'mon can we not catch a break.

He just tweeted a picture of himself leaning on a wall with a huge image of Aquaman on it, though. So I'm pretty sure he's not leaving :adam:
BuNKiTZ

Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Postby Mr Wayne » May 3rd, 2016, 1:05 pm

^^

Thank. God.

Tell me, Do you Bleed?

You Will.

http://www.onegamersperspective.co.uk/
Mr Wayne

Favourite Villain: Thomas Elliot.
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush.

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Jun 3rd, 2016, 3:51 am

Rick Famuyiwa hired as the new director.

Personally, I'm not familiar with his work. But, from what I've heard, "Dope" was a solid movie.
So yeah, I have faith on him. Ezra, on the other hand... :-?
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Postby DatBat » Jun 3rd, 2016, 4:03 am

BrunoBKMazing wrote:Rick Famuyiwa hired as the new director.

Personally, I'm not familiar with his work. But, from what I've heard, "Dope" was a solid movie.
So yeah, I have faith on him. Ezra, on the other hand... :-?

Dope's on Netflix, I'll check it out today or tomorrow with this news.
DatBat

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Jul 11th, 2016, 6:21 pm

In case no one knew about it, apparently, these actresses are being eyed for the role of Iris West.

Personally, since I'm hoping to get something different from the TV Show, and I want to see a ginger Wally West in the future, my vote goes to Lucy Boynton. BTW Damn! She's pretty.
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Postby BuNKiTZ » Sep 1st, 2016, 7:48 am

Woosh. DCEU leaks. Potential spoilers. Don't think I like what I'm hearing for The Flash so much. Will wait and see.

Spoiler: show
  • Cyborg will be in the Flash movie. Barry and Vic knew each other in school.
  • Flash’s release date is March 2018. Villains are the Rogues, led by a really…creepy Captain Cold. The film is going to be really fun but Captain Cold is…strange. Creepy is really the best way I can describe it. I’m not entirely sold on the concept so hopefully it’ll work better on the big screen. He wears a sleek mechanical suit that has the same color scheme and pattern as his comic book incarnation. They noticed how fan’s loved the Speedforce scenes in the show and hope to put their own spin on something similar.
BuNKiTZ

Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Postby Dick » Sep 1st, 2016, 2:40 pm

BuNKiTZ wrote:Woosh. DCEU leaks. Potential spoilers. Don't think I like what I'm hearing for The Flash so much. Will wait and see.

• He wears a sleek mechanical suit that has the same color scheme and pattern as his comic book incarnation.

So he basically looks like Mr. Freeze instead of a weirdo with a fluffy hood. Ok DCEU.
Dick

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Under The Hood

Postby JordanT4021 » Sep 2nd, 2016, 1:24 am

The latest rumour is that the main villains will be Captain Cold and Golden Glider. http://screenrant.com/flash-movie-captain-cold/

A great rumour that I hope to be true. Lisa Snart is one of my favourite villains but I really hope they go for a New 52 route because Pre 52 Lisa was extremely cheesy and murdered for manpain. Plus her meta powers would look glorious on the big screen.
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Sep 10th, 2016, 4:13 pm

Billy Crudup in talks to join the cast of The Flash.

So, the Comedian is now Batman's dad. Dr. Manhattan is Flash's dad. What's next? Nite Owl as Lex Sr.?
Needless to say, great casting choice.
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Postby ChaosThe15th » Sep 10th, 2016, 7:27 pm

BrunoBKMazing wrote:Billy Crudup in talks to join the cast of The Flash.

So, the Comedian is now Batman's dad. Dr. Manhattan is Flash's dad. What's next? Nite Owl as Lex Sr.?
Needless to say, great casting choice.

Fun fact, Patrick Wilson (Nite Owl) voices the United States president in BVS.
ChaosThe15th

Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

PreviousNext

Return to DC Comics Movies