The Flash directed by Seth Grahame-Smith

Batman VS Superman, Justice League & the rest of the DC Cinematic Universe slate is huge - discuss!

Re: The Flash directed by Seth Grahame-Smith

Postby Peel » Oct 10th, 2015, 8:02 pm

Doudyx-X-xDubs wrote:I hate everything about this movie. I swear to the fucking gods if they cancel the tv show I will kill them all. One of the best comic book adaptions ever and they're just going to wash it out with this factory made summer movie bullshit.

I don't think they'll cancel the tv show, but I think they'll probably end up either doing a storyline in the show and movie where its like multiple earths or timelines and there are dozens of easter eggs made about the show and movie, or they'll just kill Barry Allen off temporarily for a whole season while the movie comes out, and perhaps have the main protagonist be someone like Wally West or Bart Allen. By the time the movie comes out, Flash will be well into its six or seventh season, so by then I wouldn't surprised to see a season about the death of Barry Allen in the comics.

Ezra Miller wasn't my first pick for the Flash, the current director and writer weren't my first picks for the Flash either....But I'm interested to see how this movie turns out.
Peel

Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Postby BuNKiTZ » Apr 22nd, 2016, 8:32 pm

Rumored casting call stuffs. Ehh, not really sounding good to me. I don't think it's such a good idea to do Reverse-Flash immediately, considering that the show did Reverse-Flash for season 1. And he's in a wheelchair too? Come on, guys.

Iris West is on the list, and Gonzalez said he's also heard actresses in LA are actively testing for the role. Iris is still a reporter for the Central City Citizen and described as "Christiane Amanpour's brains and Carrie Bradshaw's style."

Eobard Thawne is next, "Central City's Bill Gates." Here's where things get fishy, as they say Eobard Thawne is confined to a wheelchair, due to a degenerative disease - Thawne being in a wheelchair (albeit under an assumed name) was something created for The Flash TV series. The use of Thawne, aka the Reverse Flash, wouldn't be too surprising - first films in superhero franchises do like to use doppelganger villains (enemies with similar, if not identical, power sets), after all - but in trying to remove it from the popular TV series, it seems odd to use the same big bad as season one.

Other characters include: Fred Chyre, a "gruff detective" investigating a death at "Thawne Laboratories"

Len Snart, an ex-military operative working for Thawne - of course, in the comics (and the TV show), that's Leonard Snart, aka Captain Cold, one of the Rogues.

Jay Garrick (cameo), a Central University professor fired for fringe science and study of the speed force.
BuNKiTZ

Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Postby Mr Wayne » Apr 22nd, 2016, 11:04 pm

If I could remember how to post images, id show the Patrick Stewart hand over face meme.

I'm growing steadily irritated with DC/WB.

That is of course if all this turns out to be true.

Tell me, Do you Bleed?

You Will.

http://www.onegamersperspective.co.uk/
Mr Wayne

Favourite Villain: Thomas Elliot.
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush.

Postby DatBat » Apr 23rd, 2016, 12:49 am

Damn it DC. Everything I'm getting hyped for has to have all this terrible news coming out around it. I swear to God
DatBat

Favourite Villain: Thanos

Postby BuNKiTZ » Apr 23rd, 2016, 9:13 am

They should just do Reverse-Flash properly. No more gimmicks about him being some guy in the present or whatever. Also, I would prefer if they have the Rogues as the first film's villains instead. Not just the regular Rogues, though, but the powered up Rogues from the New 52. They could start it off with them being just the regular Rogues but then later in the movie, they undergo the experiment to gain their powers and shit. That would be pretty great, I think.
BuNKiTZ

Postby Dick » Apr 23rd, 2016, 10:21 am

Thawne in a wheelchair? Hmmmmm sounds awfully familiar
Dick

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Under The Hood

Postby JordanT4021 » Apr 23rd, 2016, 4:32 pm

Those details sound so disappointing. I think they need to take on board what's already been done with the show and try something different. There are plenty villains and storylines that can be used that wouldn't step on the shows toes. I really hope they make dramatic changes to the early plans.

Also, this Detective Chyre, is he supposed to be a replica of Captain Frye? The man that raised Barry?
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Apr 30th, 2016, 12:28 am

And... Seth is out.
To be honest, I never really bought that as a fact lol. Hopefully, they will get someone more experienced this time around. Someone like Edgar Wright or The Wachowskis would be great, in my opinion.
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Favourite Villain: Killer Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby BuNKiTZ » Apr 30th, 2016, 6:23 am

Snyder is singlehandedly destroying the DCEU. Whew.
BuNKiTZ

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Apr 30th, 2016, 7:00 am

BuNKiTZ wrote:Snyder is singlehandedly destroying the DCEU. Whew.

Ann... How exactly?
From what I remember Michelle MacLaren was also set to direct WW, she left, and the movie is still happening. Whether it looks good or not, I think it's too early to say. But still, it's happening. There's no need for panic. :)
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Postby BuNKiTZ » Apr 30th, 2016, 7:33 am

BrunoBKMazing wrote:

Ann... How exactly?
From what I remember Michelle MacLaren was also set to direct WW, she left, and the movie is still happening. Whether it looks good or not, I think it's too early to say. But still, it's happening. There's no need for panic. :)

Oh, well, I read some stuff about how they're having big problems cause he's clashing with WB executives and it might cause other directors to leave or something.
BuNKiTZ

Postby Mr Wayne » Apr 30th, 2016, 6:03 pm

Wonder Woman lost its director very early and got IMO an even better one. The Flash will be fine regarding director. Movie plot and cast however.......

Tell me, Do you Bleed?

You Will.

http://www.onegamersperspective.co.uk/
Mr Wayne

Favourite Villain: Thomas Elliot.
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush.

Postby BrunoBKMazing » May 1st, 2016, 6:51 am

BuNKiTZ wrote:
BrunoBKMazing wrote:

Ann... How exactly?

Oh, well, I read some stuff about how they're having big problems cause he's clashing with WB executives and it might cause other directors to leave or something.

Yeah, I read those rumors too. However, from what I remember, the rumors come from a guy who is not that reliable, and hates the DCCU(That's how I'm gonna call it), so, personally, it's hard to take that as a fact. But still, I'm crossing my fingers and toes for the success of the DCCU.
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Postby pukipuki » May 1st, 2016, 10:36 am

Honestly, I'm like a fanboy of everything and want every comicbook movie, dc or marvel idc, to be good, and I find enjoyment fairly easily. But the rumored stuff is just SO bad!!!! Seriously, the tv show did a great job with Reverse flash, gave us a mystery to solve, and when they made the reveal, it was super awesome. If the movie just rips it off, that is the laziest piece of crap i'll have ever seen.

PLUS, the tv show nailed RF, but could not do the rogues justice (cos budget limitations). Like the only good ones are on LoT. THEN WHY NOT DO THE ROGUES?????? I'm also still bummed out that Wally isn't the Flash! With an older cast Flash being so young, it was a win win situation for them to use Wally, but no. The Flash is my second favorite DC hero (after B-man o' course) and I really want this movie to be good... But its highly unlikely right now.... :'(
"I'm Batman"- Batman
pukipuki

Favourite Villain: TWO-FACE
Favourite Graphic Novel: The long hallowing

Postby BuNKiTZ » May 1st, 2016, 2:51 pm

BrunoBKMazing wrote:
BuNKiTZ wrote:
BrunoBKMazing wrote:

Ann... How exactly?

Yeah, I read those rumors too. However, from what I remember, the rumors come from a guy who is not that reliable, and hates the DCCU(That's how I'm gonna call it), so, personally, it's hard to take that as a fact. But still, I'm crossing my fingers and toes for the success of the DCCU.

Oh, I see. Well, I still don't like Snyder :D
BuNKiTZ

PreviousNext

Return to DC Comics Movies