Untitled Batman directed by Ben Affleck

Batman VS Superman, Justice League & the rest of the DC Cinematic Universe slate is huge - discuss!

Re: Untitled Batman directed by Ben Affleck

Postby kain9998 » Jul 12th, 2015, 1:29 am

Well, after watching the new BVS trailer a dozen times I can safely say that I am even more pumped for this film to be made. Affleck is going to kill it as Batman. Hopefully we can get some adaptations of popular Batman stories, though with the way things are progressing I think they're gonna push for a film where the Joker is the main villain.

That being said, the sky is the limit in this universe. I've come to really like the idea of an older Batman who has already met a bunch of different villains. There's some awesome potential for villain team-ups. Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth-styled film anyone?

I needs me some Scarecrow, and if the DC gods are shining down on me then hopefully some Red Hood action as well. I'd love - LOVE - an Under the Red Hood live-action adaptation. Give us Jensen Ackles as Jason, please.
Feel free to check out my site, Spider-Verse RP (A Spider-Man RPG!)

http://ultimatespiderman.boardhost.com/index.php
kain9998

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Postby AW8 » Jul 12th, 2015, 3:22 am

kain9998 wrote:That being said, the sky is the limit in this universe. I've come to really like the idea of an older Batman who has already met a bunch of different villains. There's some awesome potential for villain team-ups. Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth-styled film anyone?

I wouldn't mind a movie similar to Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth or Batman: Arkham Asylum, where most (or all!) of the action happens inside the Asylum. That way they can do Joker AND also other villains.

Something similar to Batman R.I.P. would be awesome as well. Is the modern movie audience ready for backup personalities and purple makeshift Batsuits?
"All the martial arts ninja training in the world doesn't matter a tinker's damn. The only thing that counts is whether or not you have the will to do what needs to be done. " -Black Mask
AW8

Favourite Villain: Bane
Favourite Graphic Novel: Year One

Postby kain9998 » Jul 12th, 2015, 3:26 am

AW8 wrote:
kain9998 wrote:That being said, the sky is the limit in this universe. I've come to really like the idea of an older Batman who has already met a bunch of different villains. There's some awesome potential for villain team-ups. Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth-styled film anyone?

I wouldn't mind a movie similar to Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth or Batman: Arkham Asylum, where most (or all!) of the action happens inside the Asylum. That way they can do Joker AND also other villains.

Something similar to Batman R.I.P. would be awesome as well. Is the modern movie audience ready for backup personalities and purple makeshift Batsuits?

The better question is: Is the universe ready?
Feel free to check out my site, Spider-Verse RP (A Spider-Man RPG!)

http://ultimatespiderman.boardhost.com/index.php
kain9998

Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Postby Peel » Oct 30th, 2015, 7:26 pm

"According to our sources, the basic plotline of Affleck’s solo Batfilm is that Jason Todd has returned from the grave as the Red Hood, working in the shadows to make people think he's Batman, while making Batman look like a criminal. At the same time he leaves clues about his identity for Bruce/Batman to ultimately solve, leading to a confrontation that will involve Batman, Red Hood, and yes, The Joker, who will feature as a primary villain alongside Red Hood."

Source: http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/exclusi ... volved-298

Well, this ought to make Dick beyond happy :oldyella:

I thought myself it was a given The Joker would be the big villain of the next Batman film and Jason Todd would return from the dead since the movie universe will be making a focus on it in Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad. Also good to read as well Nightwing may be in the movie too - the BatFamily is finally coming together on the big screen.
Peel

Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Postby ChaosThe15th » Oct 30th, 2015, 7:31 pm

Batman, Red Hood and The Joker as the central characters would be fantastic. But I really hope they leave Nightwing out of it, he really isn't needed in the story and the 3 previously mentioned are likely gonna chew up their screentime anyway.
ChaosThe15th

Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Postby Dick » Oct 30th, 2015, 10:25 pm

Holy shit my body will explode if it happens GIVE JASON HIS BFTC BATSUIT IF HES PRETENDING TO BE BATMAN PLS LET IT HpkaPEN MSKAKSKS
Dick

Favourite Graphic Novel: Under The Hood

Postby Pieter » Oct 31st, 2015, 12:47 am

Nightwing!!

CHAOS15 wrote:leave Nightwing out of it.

Pieter

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

Postby Andy » Oct 31st, 2015, 1:06 am

Hearing that these rumours are unfounded:

Andy

Favourite Villain: SOCIETY
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby Damian_Wayne » Oct 31st, 2015, 2:39 am

This is so awesome I hope it's true <3

Jaybaby and Dickie in the same film I'll cry

Honestly I think it'd be cool if them to go for an unknown, if he can pull it off. But jenson </3
I'll cry.

I'll

Cry

omg can the next film be son of batman I'll cry harder
Damian_Wayne

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Reborn

Postby AW8 » Oct 31st, 2015, 4:35 am

As much as I'd like that rumor to be true, it's not. The dead Robin will be a mix of Dick's name, Jason's fate and Tim's equipment. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

They don't care enough about Nightwing or Red Hood to bring them to the screen, they just want to put a dead Robin in the movies for Batman to grieve over.
AW8

Favourite Villain: Bane
Favourite Graphic Novel: Year One

Postby Damian_Wayne » Oct 31st, 2015, 4:44 am

AW8 wrote:As much as I'd like that rumor to be true, it's not. The dead Robin will be a mix of Dick's name, Jason's fate and Tim's equipment. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

They don't care enough about Nightwing or Red Hood to bring them to the screen, they just want to put a dead Robin in the movies for Batman to grieve over.

Hmm. Why would you say that? I'm being 100% serious. No one knows what will happen but why would you think it?

The three different personalities is kinda essential to the story. Honestly I just don't see it working well if they merge together.
Damian_Wayne

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Reborn

Postby Pieter » Oct 31st, 2015, 11:47 am

If they kill Dick Grayson I'll cause a ruckus.
Pieter

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

Postby Dick » Oct 31st, 2015, 12:09 pm

Combining those three together is stupid and it'll piss off a lot of fans if they do.
Dick

Favourite Graphic Novel: Under The Hood

Postby Peel » Oct 31st, 2015, 12:49 pm

AW8 wrote:As much as I'd like that rumor to be true, it's not. The dead Robin will be a mix of Dick's name, Jason's fate and Tim's equipment. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

I dunno, having an older Robin that resents Batman for letting his girlfriend become Batgirl and then get crippled by the Joker, and then having a younger Robin who was killed by the Joker, is too much of a goldmine to not get into if Affleck wants to give us the grittiest Batman on the big screen.

It would also help to build up the tension in the movie between Batman and the Joker and carry on the theme of why Batman hasn't killed him yet. Which, if they use Death of the Family as another inspiration for the movie (Which would be good and would compliment Death of the Family and Under the Hood), they could have Batman send Joker to his death or watch him fall to his death and finally be at peace with himself and his family. That imo would make for a great movie.
Peel

Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Postby Harvey Bullock » Nov 2nd, 2015, 8:53 am

I'm gonna annoy soooooo many people with this post but that rumour sounds baadddd.

Why would Jason intentionally leave clues for Batman to be found? It sounds weird, and I don't want to spend another Bat-film in which the entirety of detective work involved centres around Bruce following a trail of easily identifiable crumbs to the plot's climax.

Second, why would he want the underworld to believe that he's Batman? That doesn't make sense to me either. Of course there's the fact that Jason thinks his brand of justice is more appropriate and makes him a worthy successor to the cowl, but again this feels out of place for a character who's initial return banged on about his severance from the Bat-family akin to the way Nightwing was when he first débuted. I don't think Jason would want to be in Bruce's shadow when he makes his glorious return.

And on top of that, I'm getting Jason fatigue. Think after Arkham Knight and all these Suicide Squad/BVS rumours are having a negative effect on my perceptions of the character. :oldyella:

Oh, and Joker as the villain again would suck as well. Give us something relatively new involving Riddler, Scarecrow or Poison Oaky, because mystery could very well end up being paramount to a Batman reboot's success.
Harvey Bullock

Favourite Villain: Ra's al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: DC: The New Frontier

PreviousNext

Return to DC Comics Movies