Untitled Batman directed by Ben Affleck

Batman VS Superman, Justice League & the rest of the DC Cinematic Universe slate is huge - discuss!

Re: Untitled Batman directed by Ben Affleck

Postby Remote Claw » Aug 14th, 2016, 4:22 pm

pukipuki wrote:Guys, the Jokers teeth being knocked out by batman after robins death has a huge flaw. We see in the movie (spoilers....................................................................................................................)

The joker asks Harleen Quinzel (not harley yet) for a machinegun. At this point his teeth are already gone (I mean he has teeth grills or something, never had teeth problems, wouldnt know). But Harley initiation screen showed she was an accomplice to robins death. See where I'm going with this?

Yeah, it doesn't add up. Despite the comments coming from Ayer himself, that bit of information hasn't been shown or explained in the movies yet.

So, I guess we can say that's not officially part of the DCEU canon.
Remote Claw

Favourite Villain: The Joker

Postby gary2692 » Aug 14th, 2016, 4:28 pm

Remote Claw wrote:
pukipuki wrote:Guys, the Jokers teeth being knocked out by batman after robins death has a huge flaw. We see in the movie (spoilers....................................................................................................................)

The joker asks Harleen Quinzel (not harley yet) for a machinegun. At this point his teeth are already gone (I mean he has teeth grills or something, never had teeth problems, wouldnt know). But Harley initiation screen showed she was an accomplice to robins death. See where I'm going with this?

Yeah, it doesn't add up. Despite the comments coming from Ayer himself, that bit of information hasn't been shown or explained in the movies yet.

So, I guess we can say that's not officially part of the DCEU canon.

Or we could just say it was a mistake made by the makers or, since they are flashbacks, it could be how Harley remembers that moment. Or how she wants to remember it.

Batman: Arkham Origins The Official Novelization. Read on "Our Arkhamverse" now!
gary2692

Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns

Postby BiGbAdBaTz » Aug 15th, 2016, 2:48 am

If Joker and Harley are at the forefront, but other villains in the Asylum appear, who could there be?
Poison Ivy
Mr. Freeze
Zsasz
Firefly
I'm really blanking but I feel like there's a lot
*woman sobbing on the floor*
Batman: QUIET!
BiGbAdBaTz

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn

Postby Damian_Wayne » Aug 29th, 2016, 3:51 pm

Okay? So um??? Ben just showed a video of Deathstroke Infront of the batmobile??? Whatseyjdkfek
"I wasn't taught to fight fair. I was taught to win."
Damian_Wayne

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Reborn

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Aug 29th, 2016, 4:47 pm

Damian_Wayne wrote:Okay? So um??? Ben just showed a video of Deathstroke Infront of the batmobile??? Whatseyjdkfek

There you go.

Pffft! He's got nothing on the Smallville's version.
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Favourite Villain: Killer Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby BuNKiTZ » Aug 30th, 2016, 6:08 am

Deathstroke confirmed as the main villain. I really like his design. It's a lot like the Arkham Origins design from what I can see, which is just fantastic because that's one of the best Deathstroke designs for me. I'm sure the fight scenes between Batman and Slade will be amazing, having seen how this Batman fights in Dawn of Justice. This is such a great choice, if you ask me, as opposed to getting Joker again or another Batman villain. I know that Slade's a Batman villain too, but he's mostly a Titans villain. I hope it's just Deathstroke and nobody else so they can totally focus on a physical and mental battle between the two characters.

Still a little disappointed that it's not Red Hood, though. :oldyella:
BuNKiTZ

Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Postby gary2692 » Aug 30th, 2016, 11:03 am

BuNKiTZ wrote:Deathstroke confirmed as the main villain. I really like his design. It's a lot like the Arkham Origins design from what I can see, which is just fantastic because that's one of the best Deathstroke designs for me. I'm sure the fight scenes between Batman and Slade will be amazing, having seen how this Batman fights in Dawn of Justice. This is such a great choice, if you ask me, as opposed to getting Joker again or another Batman villain. I know that Slade's a Batman villain too, but he's mostly a Titans villain. I hope it's just Deathstroke and nobody else so they can totally focus on a physical and mental battle between the two characters.

Still a little disappointed that it's not Red Hood, though. :oldyella:

Remember in the comic, Black Mask hires Deathstroke to kill Red Hood and in Batman Arkham Knight, the Arkham Knight hires Deathstroke to be his Lieutenant. Maybe Red Hood could be the main villain and Deathstroke as a secondary villain?

Batman: Arkham Origins The Official Novelization. Read on "Our Arkhamverse" now!
gary2692

Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns

Postby Damian_Wayne » Aug 30th, 2016, 8:21 pm

I really doubt the whole rumor of him being the main villain is true. He's probably in JL as a cameo and will have a small role in afflecks movie at best.
"I wasn't taught to fight fair. I was taught to win."
Damian_Wayne

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Reborn

Postby BuNKiTZ » Aug 31st, 2016, 10:22 am

gary2692 wrote:Remember in the comic, Black Mask hires Deathstroke to kill Red Hood and in Batman Arkham Knight, the Arkham Knight hires Deathstroke to be his Lieutenant. Maybe Red Hood could be the main villain and Deathstroke as a secondary villain?

Nope. Don't remember that at all.

Damian_Wayne wrote:I really doubt the whole rumor of him being the main villain is true. He's probably in JL as a cameo and will have a small role in afflecks movie at best.

It's not a rumor, though? The article I linked confirmed that Deathstroke is the main villain in Batman's solo film. Until DC actually confirms it, however, we won't really know. I wouldn't call something like that a rumor, just saying.
BuNKiTZ

Postby Dick » Aug 31st, 2016, 12:58 pm

Batfleck's doing right by us ❤
Dick

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Under The Hood

Postby BuNKiTZ » Sep 8th, 2016, 6:23 pm

From an article listing a huge list of leaked details regarding the DCEU, from a now-deleted post on Reddit. I'll only post the Batman-related stuff here, then post the rest where they belong. Obviously, potential spoilers. Although, I don't think people care enough about the DCEU to care about being spoiled anymore. :oldyella:

Spoiler: show
  • Expect a full Titans flick with Deathstroke as the main antagonist. Nightwing is in it, though, if that’s any consolation.
  • Deathstroke was offered to a bunch of actors but it ultimately went to Joe Manganiello.
  • The Batman film (right now called The Batman though they’re considering other titles) will release October 5 2018. Current plot has Black Mask as the main villain breaking other villains out of Arkham to kill Batman. Joker and Harley have a subplot involving a bomb to blow up all the inmates once Batman recaptures them all that results in Harley leaving the Joker because of the abuse and Batman trying to rehabilitate her. Deathstroke is sent in by Waller to help contain the situation so she can use them for her own means but Batman fights Deathstroke and promises Waller that he’s coming for her next. Deadshot is also in it but leaves the Asylum to be with his daughter instead of getting his revenge on Batman. There’s a really cool scene where Black Mask lines all the villains up and asks who will join him to get revenge (this scene will focus a lot on Deadshot’s reactions, making it clear he wants only freedom). Many of the villains get away in the end, with Batman promising to hunt them all down. The film will end with Batman overlooking Gotham and seeing one of the B-List villains (has yet to be decided) committing a crime.

---

Joe Manganiello's been cast as Deathstroke, just as the leak said, if I recall correctly.

According to The Wall Street Journal, Manganiello was indeed the actor in the Deathstroke armor in the video that Affleck shared a couple weeks back boasting the fan-favorite mercenary. Johns confirmed Manganiello’s casting in a recent interview with the outlet.
BuNKiTZ

Postby Dick » Sep 8th, 2016, 7:24 pm

BuNKiTZ wrote:From an article listing a huge list of leaked details regarding the DCEU, from a now-deleted post on Reddit. I'll only post the Batman-related stuff here, then post the rest where they belong. Obviously, potential spoilers. Although, I don't think people care enough about the DCEU to care about being spoiled anymore. :oldyella:

Spoiler: show
  • Expect a full Titans flick with Deathstroke as the main antagonist. Nightwing is in it, though, if that’s any consolation.
  • Deathstroke was offered to a bunch of actors but it ultimately went to Joe Manganiello.
  • The Batman film (right now called The Batman though they’re considering other titles) will release October 5 2018. Current plot has Black Mask as the main villain breaking other villains out of Arkham to kill Batman. Joker and Harley have a subplot involving a bomb to blow up all the inmates once Batman recaptures them all that results in Harley leaving the Joker because of the abuse and Batman trying to rehabilitate her. Deathstroke is sent in by Waller to help contain the situation so she can use them for her own means but Batman fights Deathstroke and promises Waller that he’s coming for her next. Deadshot is also in it but leaves the Asylum to be with his daughter instead of getting his revenge on Batman. There’s a really cool scene where Black Mask lines all the villains up and asks who will join him to get revenge (this scene will focus a lot on Deadshot’s reactions, making it clear he wants only freedom). Many of the villains get away in the end, with Batman promising to hunt them all down. The film will end with Batman overlooking Gotham and seeing one of the B-List villains (has yet to be decided) committing a crime.

---

Joe Manganiello's been cast as Deathstroke, just as the leak said, if I recall correctly.

According to The Wall Street Journal, Manganiello was indeed the actor in the Deathstroke armor in the video that Affleck shared a couple weeks back boasting the fan-favorite mercenary. Johns confirmed Manganiello’s casting in a recent interview with the outlet.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Dick

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Under The Hood

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Sep 8th, 2016, 9:43 pm

BuNKiTZ wrote:Joe Manganiello's been cast as Deathstroke, just as the leak said, if I recall correctly.

Seriously, has WB/DC ever considered the obvious choice?

I thought so. SMH
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Favourite Villain: Killer Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby Remote Claw » Sep 8th, 2016, 11:09 pm

BrunoBKMazing wrote:Image

I thought so. SMH

Well, he is 64 years old. Despite being in good shape, it'd be a very physically demanding role. Then there's the possibility of multiple movies to consider.
Remote Claw

Postby BuNKiTZ » Sep 9th, 2016, 6:05 pm

BrunoBKMazing wrote:
BuNKiTZ wrote:Joe Manganiello's been cast as Deathstroke, just as the leak said, if I recall correctly.

I thought so. SMH

Yeah, he'd be a better choice, but I don't mind at all. Manganiello's a good actor from what I've seen of him, and he'll be masked anyway, so it'll be fine. I'm sure they'll give him some makeup to make him look older too, of course. But, yeah... Still really weird cause he's younger than Ben Affleck.

Also, maybe it's cause Stephen Lang would rather play Cable? :P
BuNKiTZ

PreviousNext

Return to DC Comics Movies