Green Lantern Corps

Batman VS Superman, Justice League & the rest of the DC Cinematic Universe slate is huge - discuss!

Green Lantern Corps

Postby Pieter » Jul 11th, 2015, 7:41 pm

http://comicbook.com/2015/07/11/green-l ... rner-bros/

The movie previously announced as Green Lantern will instead be Green Lantern Corps, Warner Bros announced at their San Diego Comic-Con 2015 panel Saturday. The film will presumably keep its June 19, 2020 release date, meaning it's still a bit off (and the current final film of WB/DCE's announced schedule).

Along with the film's name change, an image was shown featuring a large group of Green Lanterns, including multiple Earth-bound GLs, something rumors have been pointing to for the last few weeks.

No casting or crew information was released about the film.

I want Guy Gardner in the film so badly,,,
I died once. It was boring, so I stood up
Pieter

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

Re: Green Lantern Corps

Postby Doudyx-X-xDubs » Jul 11th, 2015, 7:47 pm

Pieter wrote:http://comicbook.com/2015/07/11/green-lantern-corps-movie-announced-by-warner-bros/

The movie previously announced as Green Lantern will instead be Green Lantern Corps, Warner Bros announced at their San Diego Comic-Con 2015 panel Saturday. The film will presumably keep its June 19, 2020 release date, meaning it's still a bit off (and the current final film of WB/DCE's announced schedule).

Along with the film's name change, an image was shown featuring a large group of Green Lanterns, including multiple Earth-bound GLs, something rumors have been pointing to for the last few weeks.

No casting or crew information was released about the film.

I want Guy Gardner in the film so badly,,,

I like it. Hopefully Hal will already be a lantern and they just give us a quick introduction and info on a need to know basis. If I have to sit through another superhero origin, I'm gonna walk out the theater.

"I once told a man to go screw himself. Can you even imagine?"
Doudyx-X-xDubs

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

Postby AW8 » Jul 11th, 2015, 11:10 pm

Good news, I had hoped for a movie about several Lanterns (this way, they can do both Hal and John!) instead of another GL origin story!
"All the martial arts ninja training in the world doesn't matter a tinker's damn. The only thing that counts is whether or not you have the will to do what needs to be done. " -Black Mask
AW8

Favourite Villain: Bane
Favourite Graphic Novel: Year One

Postby Peel » Jul 11th, 2015, 11:11 pm

I'm praying to God it'll be Hal and John or Hal and Guy, Hal will be played by Chris Pine, John by anyone that isn't named Tyrese Gibson, and Guy by Michael Cudlitz.

Hopefully WB have learned from the mistakes of the 2011 movie and are taking the right steps this time around with the GL movie.
Peel

Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Postby TheCat » Jul 12th, 2015, 12:38 am

Johnnnnnnnnnnnn! Stewartttttttttt!!!!!!
Cool. Hopefully it's good, they really need to improve on their last endeavor with the Corps...
TheCat

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby kain9998 » Jul 12th, 2015, 1:25 am

I'll admit that I don't know as much about Green Lantern as I should, but from what I understand the GL side of the DC Universe can really go on some epic scales with battles between the different Corps. Really hope we get some large-scale Lantern V Lantern stuff, and some great intergalactic tales in something of a Guardians of the Galaxy style. (Weird in all the right ways and stands entirely on its own outside of the DCCU but with just enough references here and there to keep it tethered to that universe.)

Here's hoping for John Stewart. He's the one Green Lantern I know the most about and really enjoy. (Thanks Justice League. xD)
Feel free to check out my site, Spider-Verse RP (A Spider-Man RPG!)

http://ultimatespiderman.boardhost.com/index.php
kain9998

Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Postby Mr_Weasel_ » Jul 12th, 2015, 1:58 am

They'll undoubtedly have Hal though I hope they include Guy as well.
Mr_Weasel_

Favourite Villain: Hush, ManBat, Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush

Postby kain9998 » Jul 12th, 2015, 2:05 am

Mr_Weasel_ wrote:They'll undoubtedly have Hal though I hope they include Guy as well.

Why not ALL THE LANTERNS?!

We get a movie that's made up of fifteen minute short stories featuring different lanterns.

Just kidding, I think I'd kinda hate that to be honest.

kain9998

Postby batman404 » Jul 12th, 2015, 3:57 am

YES! This is great news, if it's half as good as the animated series I'll be tickled pink! :D
batman404

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: YOne and TDKReturns

Postby kain9998 » Jul 12th, 2015, 4:12 am

batman404 wrote:YES! This is great news, if it's half as good as the animated series I'll be tickled pink! :D

I really need to watch the animated series. I've heard nothing but good things.

kain9998

Postby Peel » Jul 12th, 2015, 1:07 pm

Official low quality artwork of the Green Lantern Corps movie, with many people believing the white male in the pic is Chris Pine's version of Hal Jordan, also Ezra Miller as Barry Allen;

Peel

Postby TheJester » Jul 12th, 2015, 3:49 pm

Ahhh, I hope this means we'll get to see a bunch of the human Green Lanterns, and focussing on the relationships between the Corps as a whole :)
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby The New Blueguy » Jul 12th, 2015, 4:19 pm

I love the idea of a Green Lantern Corps film. Their side of the DC Cosmic is so massive just based on inter-Corps wars. Then from the other side of the DC Cosmic. you add Adam Strange, Raan, The Reach, Thanagarians, Gordians, New Gods, Apokolips... holy POW I'm crying again even if we don't get half that stuff. Plus, we already have connections between Superman and the GLC since Tomar-Re failed to save Krypton all those years ago and The Guardians did nothing to stop it.
The New Blueguy

Favourite Villain: The Clock King
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby kain9998 » Jul 12th, 2015, 5:40 pm

The New Blueguy wrote:I love the idea of a Green Lantern Corps film. Their side of the DC Cosmic is so massive just based on inter-Corps wars. Then from the other side of the DC Cosmic. you add Adam Strange, Raan, The Reach, Thanagarians, Gordians, New Gods, Apokolips... holy POW I'm crying again even if we don't get half that stuff. Plus, we already have connections between Superman and the GLC since Tomar-Re failed to save Krypton all those years ago and The Guardians did nothing to stop it.

Yeah, wow. I was only thinking about the Lanterns, didn't even think about all the other oddities they could introduce here that might be a bit harder to introduce in other films grounded on earth. Damn.

kain9998

Postby Peel » Jul 12th, 2015, 5:49 pm

Honestly what would have made sense for me to tie in to Man of Steel is if Brainiac/Darkseid was the big bad of Justice League and had been terrorising the galaxy for years, and every time the corps has tried to stop them he's killed thousands of lanterns. Eventually around the time of man of steel he's killed Tomas-re and other lanterns, had a hand in kryptons destruction and is led to earth after Zod's signal. Then, with only 10 lanterns left, the sole guardian survivor has no choice but to summon human lanterns like Jordan and engage with earth in order to try to stop brainiac/darkseid once and for all.
Peel

Next

Return to DC Comics Movies