Green Lantern Corps

Batman VS Superman, Justice League & the rest of the DC Cinematic Universe slate is huge - discuss!

Re: Green Lantern Corps

Postby greenlanternandrew01 » Jul 12th, 2015, 6:52 pm

What I would like is a story based on the sinestro corps war. This will tie in with superman. If they do such an idea you can focus on the humanlanterns and you can explain their story without another dumb origin story. We could also finally see a yellow lantern sinestro and a better parallax.
greenlanternandrew01
Tyger1
Tyger1
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Feb 14th, 2015, 8:38 pm

Re: Green Lantern Corps

Postby Peel » Jul 24th, 2015, 7:37 pm

Tyrese Gibson confirms he has had meetings with WB over the role of John Stewart, and reiterates he is only pursuing the role 'for the fans';

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... /?a=123204

Used to be a fan of this, now I realise it would be a great disaster.
User avatar
Peel
............
............
 
Posts: 1487
Joined: Nov 24th, 2011, 9:19 pm
Location: Sun'Land
Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Re: Green Lantern Corps

Postby ChaosThe15th » Jul 24th, 2015, 7:54 pm

Speaking on behalf of the fans, please fuckk off Tyrese.
Image
User avatar
ChaosThe15th
.............
.............
 
Posts: 1676
Joined: Aug 8th, 2011, 3:31 pm
Location: Paradise City, South Africa
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Re: Green Lantern Corps

Postby Doudyx-X-xDubs » Jul 24th, 2015, 10:17 pm

nobody wants his ass to be GL. Why is he pursuing this so much?
Image

"I once told a man to go screw himself. Can you even imagine?"
User avatar
Doudyx-X-xDubs
............
............
 
Posts: 1498
Joined: Oct 15th, 2011, 4:05 am
Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

Re: Green Lantern Corps

Postby Peel » Jul 26th, 2015, 12:07 pm

Doudyx-X-xDubs wrote:nobody wants his ass to be GL. Why is he pursuing this so much?


Because he's got nothing else going for him bar the Fast and Furious movies and is probably after all the money and fame.

If Heimdall dies in Thor 3 and leaves Marvel I pray to God Wb snag him for John Stewart, it would be absolute perfection.
User avatar
Peel
............
............
 
Posts: 1487
Joined: Nov 24th, 2011, 9:19 pm
Location: Sun'Land
Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Re: Green Lantern Corps

Postby Mr_Weasel_ » Jul 26th, 2015, 12:18 pm

I'm actually concerned this may come to fruition. The amount of times he has popped up talking about it and saying that he's discussed it with WB is what's making me nervous. Please don't happen.
User avatar
Mr_Weasel_
............
............
 
Posts: 1280
Joined: Mar 27th, 2013, 5:23 am
Location: Aussie
Favourite Villain: Hush, ManBat, Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush

Re: Green Lantern Corps

Postby Doudyx-X-xDubs » Jul 27th, 2015, 8:59 am

He has like the complete opposite personality to John...
Image

"I once told a man to go screw himself. Can you even imagine?"
User avatar
Doudyx-X-xDubs
............
............
 
Posts: 1498
Joined: Oct 15th, 2011, 4:05 am
Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

Re: Green Lantern Corps

Postby Harvey Bullock » Jul 27th, 2015, 10:24 am

Doudyx-X-xDubs wrote:He has like the complete opposite personality to John...

Yeeaahhh I don't think he understands this at all. If he gets the part you can expect a repeat of his role in the Transformers films. :oldyella:
Image
User avatar
Harvey Bullock
...............
...............
 
Posts: 5030
Joined: Aug 13th, 2011, 9:03 am
Location: UK
Favourite Villain: Ra's al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: DC: The New Frontier

Re: Green Lantern Corps

Postby Peel » Jul 29th, 2015, 12:31 pm

Now that Chris Pine is officially confirmed as Col. Steve Trevor, my next best choice for Hal Jordan is Liam Hemsworth. He's 25 - three year gap from Miller's Flash, he's been in a lot of movies in the past decade and in nearly all of them was the main starring protagonist, which is impressive for such a young actor, he has the right look and is very tall. He would make a great Hal Jordan/Green Lantern imo.
User avatar
Peel
............
............
 
Posts: 1487
Joined: Nov 24th, 2011, 9:19 pm
Location: Sun'Land
Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Re: Green Lantern Corps

Postby Pieter » Jul 29th, 2015, 12:36 pm

Peel wrote:Now that Chris Pine is officially confirmed as Col. Steve Trevor, my next best choice for Hal Jordan is Liam Hemsworth. He's 25 - three year gap from Miller's Flash, he's been in a lot of movies in the past decade and in nearly all of them was the main starring protagonist, which is impressive for such a young actor, he has the right look and is very tall. He would make a great Hal Jordan/Green Lantern imo.

Oh god no.
Image
I died once. It was boring, so I stood up
User avatar
Pieter
..............
..............
 
Posts: 2596
Joined: Jun 22nd, 2011, 8:02 pm
Location: Metropolis
Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

Re: Green Lantern Corps

Postby Peel » Jul 29th, 2015, 12:56 pm

Pieter wrote:
Peel wrote:Now that Chris Pine is officially confirmed as Col. Steve Trevor, my next best choice for Hal Jordan is Liam Hemsworth. He's 25 - three year gap from Miller's Flash, he's been in a lot of movies in the past decade and in nearly all of them was the main starring protagonist, which is impressive for such a young actor, he has the right look and is very tall. He would make a great Hal Jordan/Green Lantern imo.

Oh god no.


Why not? He's a good actor for his age, and I honestly can't think of any other actors aged 25-35 who are fitting for Jordan. Dan Amboyer looks like him but he has done barely any big movies, he's only really known as Prince William in a Royal Family film made in Britain.
User avatar
Peel
............
............
 
Posts: 1487
Joined: Nov 24th, 2011, 9:19 pm
Location: Sun'Land
Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Re: Green Lantern Corps

Postby Mr_Weasel_ » Jul 29th, 2015, 1:17 pm

I dont know my actors and actresses very well but how about Jake Gyllenhaal as Hal? I'm not sure his acting style would suit such a light hearted character as I've only seen him in serious roles but I think look wise he might be able to do it.
User avatar
Mr_Weasel_
............
............
 
Posts: 1280
Joined: Mar 27th, 2013, 5:23 am
Location: Aussie
Favourite Villain: Hush, ManBat, Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush

Re: Green Lantern Corps

Postby Peel » Jul 29th, 2015, 1:23 pm

Mr_Weasel_ wrote:I dont know my actors and actresses very well but how about Jake Gyllenhaal as Hal? I'm not sure his acting style would suit such a light hearted character as I've only seen him in serious roles but I think look wise he might be able to do it.


He's a good actor but imo he really just does not have the look and I'd prefer him to play more serious Batman-esque characters.
User avatar
Peel
............
............
 
Posts: 1487
Joined: Nov 24th, 2011, 9:19 pm
Location: Sun'Land
Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Re: Green Lantern Corps

Postby Pieter » Jul 29th, 2015, 1:39 pm

Peel wrote:
Pieter wrote:
Peel wrote:Now that Chris Pine is officially confirmed as Col. Steve Trevor, my next best choice for Hal Jordan is Liam Hemsworth. He's 25 - three year gap from Miller's Flash, he's been in a lot of movies in the past decade and in nearly all of them was the main starring protagonist, which is impressive for such a young actor, he has the right look and is very tall. He would make a great Hal Jordan/Green Lantern imo.

Oh god no.


Why not? He's a good actor for his age, and I honestly can't think of any other actors aged 25-35 who are fitting for Jordan. Dan Amboyer looks like him but he has done barely any big movies, he's only really known as Prince William in a Royal Family film made in Britain.

As Oracle said once he is a plank of wood.
Image
I died once. It was boring, so I stood up
User avatar
Pieter
..............
..............
 
Posts: 2596
Joined: Jun 22nd, 2011, 8:02 pm
Location: Metropolis
Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

Re: Green Lantern Corps

Postby Mr_Weasel_ » Jul 29th, 2015, 1:43 pm

Peel wrote:
Mr_Weasel_ wrote:I dont know my actors and actresses very well but how about Jake Gyllenhaal as Hal? I'm not sure his acting style would suit such a light hearted character as I've only seen him in serious roles but I think look wise he might be able to do it.


He's a good actor but imo he really just does not have the look and I'd prefer him to play more serious Batman-esque characters.

I'd prefer him to be a Batty character as well, though preferably a looney. As for Hemsworth as Green Lantern I think look wise he'd be perfect but he still needs a couple years in the acting department. I personally think he struggles to express emotions or personality but he definitely has potential.
User avatar
Mr_Weasel_
............
............
 
Posts: 1280
Joined: Mar 27th, 2013, 5:23 am
Location: Aussie
Favourite Villain: Hush, ManBat, Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush

PreviousNext

Return to DC Comics Movies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron