Green Lantern Corps

Batman VS Superman, Justice League & the rest of the DC Cinematic Universe slate is huge - discuss!

Re: Green Lantern Corps

Postby Mani-Man » Jul 29th, 2015, 1:51 pm

Mr_Weasel_ wrote:
Peel wrote:
Mr_Weasel_ wrote:I dont know my actors and actresses very well but how about Jake Gyllenhaal as Hal? I'm not sure his acting style would suit such a light hearted character as I've only seen him in serious roles but I think look wise he might be able to do it.


He's a good actor but imo he really just does not have the look and I'd prefer him to play more serious Batman-esque characters.

I'd prefer him to be a Batty character as well, though preferably a looney. As for Hemsworth as Green Lantern I think look wise he'd be perfect but he still needs a couple years in the acting department. I personally think he struggles to express emotions or personality but he definitely has potential.


Gyllenhaal somehow always throws me off in his roles, i dont know what it is about him.
Thats why im interested in southpaw, maybe then i could see him as a comic book hero...otherwise i see him more as a crazy villian.

Hemsworth comes of a little bit too much like a Sunnyboy.
I couldnt take him seriously in expendables 2, he is like zack efron too me.
He doesnt have this certain screen presence you need for a main character imo.

Having the right actor for a role is only one part, remember reynolds...he seemed to be a good choice for hal jordan.
User avatar
Mani-Man
............
............
 
Posts: 1237
Joined: Sep 1st, 2010, 1:42 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Green Lantern Corps

Postby Peel » Aug 2nd, 2015, 11:18 am

Looks like Tyrese Gibson isn't the only character who's interested in playing the role of John Stewart;

https://instagram.com/p/53Hl9vj-WS/

I mean, I like him more than I do Tyrese, but he's done hardly any movies and none of those are even action movies. I wouldn't feel confident in him if he were playing Stewart, as it'd require someone who's used to being a Lead Actor and doing serious action movies rather than comedies or romance.

Anyone else starting to think we may have John Stewart over Hal Jordan?

An actor named Ricardo Segarra has also posted this on his twitter, seemingly confirming he will have a big role in the DCEU and will be in Dawn of Justice? Thoughts on who'd you want him to play? Personally of the two I vote Shazam;

User avatar
Peel
............
............
 
Posts: 1487
Joined: Nov 24th, 2011, 9:19 pm
Location: Sun'Land
Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Re: Green Lantern Corps

Postby Mr_Weasel_ » Aug 2nd, 2015, 3:40 pm

I kind of wish the actors going on about how they want to be part of the DCU and they want to have talks with DC, mostly Tyrese at this point, would just shut up. Mentioning you want to be part of the DCU is one thing but constantly rambling on about it is just annoying. As for Ricardo I find his post somewhat intriguing, especially as he seems to be an incredibly new actor and if he's involved I'm surprised faith may be put in him for a possible role in Justice League. To me I think he looks more like Shazam than Hal, not to mention he looks like he could fit the role of both. Haven't a clue on his acting ability as I've never heard of him before nor have I seen him in film.
User avatar
Mr_Weasel_
............
............
 
Posts: 1280
Joined: Mar 27th, 2013, 5:23 am
Location: Aussie
Favourite Villain: Hush, ManBat, Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush

Re: Green Lantern Corps

Postby Mani-Man » Aug 2nd, 2015, 4:40 pm

Peel wrote:Looks like Tyrese Gibson isn't the only character who's interested in playing the role of John Stewart;

https://instagram.com/p/53Hl9vj-WS/

I mean, I like him more than I do Tyrese, but he's done hardly any movies and none of those are even action movies. I wouldn't feel confident in him if he were playing Stewart, as it'd require someone who's used to being a Lead Actor and doing serious action movies rather than comedies or romance.

Anyone else starting to think we may have John Stewart over Hal Jordan?


I really like the guy more, Tyrese looks more like a villian too me, his facial features look like he constantly is angry:D

Casting relative unknown actors for such an important role is always hard, but if you dont give someone a chance, you never know if he/she can pull it of.

Since we will get a Green Lantern Corps movie, i could see it be like the avengers with hal, Hohn, Kyle, Guy etc.
A avengers type of movie with the Green Lantern Corps...that sounds like the most epic thing ever.
Im currently more interested in a John Stewart Lead Character based movie, that would be nice,

I could see the Green Lantern Universe getting expanded after a successful Green lantern movie.
Maybe a Tv show with Guy Gardner, 2-3 different movie franchises concentrating on the different Earth Lanterns etc.

The GL universe has the potential to span its own DCCU without needing the justice league.
User avatar
Mani-Man
............
............
 
Posts: 1237
Joined: Sep 1st, 2010, 1:42 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Green Lantern Corps

Postby Peel » Aug 2nd, 2015, 5:26 pm

Mr_Weasel_ wrote:I kind of wish the actors going on about how they want to be part of the DCU and they want to have talks with DC, mostly Tyrese at this point, would just shut up. Mentioning you want to be part of the DCU is one thing but constantly rambling on about it is just annoying. As for Ricardo I find his post somewhat intriguing, especially as he seems to be an incredibly new actor and if he's involved I'm surprised faith may be put in him for a possible role in Justice League. To me I think he looks more like Shazam than Hal, not to mention he looks like he could fit the role of both. Haven't a clue on his acting ability as I've never heard of him before nor have I seen him in film.


Bear in mind that with the picture Ricardo posted, he was suggesting he was either playing Shazam or Kyle Rayner, not Hal Jordan.

Mani-Man wrote:
Peel wrote:Looks like Tyrese Gibson isn't the only character who's interested in playing the role of John Stewart;

https://instagram.com/p/53Hl9vj-WS/

I mean, I like him more than I do Tyrese, but he's done hardly any movies and none of those are even action movies. I wouldn't feel confident in him if he were playing Stewart, as it'd require someone who's used to being a Lead Actor and doing serious action movies rather than comedies or romance.

Anyone else starting to think we may have John Stewart over Hal Jordan?


I really like the guy more, Tyrese looks more like a villian too me, his facial features look like he constantly is angry:D

Casting relative unknown actors for such an important role is always hard, but if you dont give someone a chance, you never know if he/she can pull it of.

Since we will get a Green Lantern Corps movie, i could see it be like the avengers with hal, Hohn, Kyle, Guy etc.
A avengers type of movie with the Green Lantern Corps...that sounds like the most epic thing ever.
Im currently more interested in a John Stewart Lead Character based movie, that would be nice,

I could see the Green Lantern Universe getting expanded after a successful Green lantern movie.
Maybe a Tv show with Guy Gardner, 2-3 different movie franchises concentrating on the different Earth Lanterns etc.

The GL universe has the potential to span its own DCCU without needing the justice league.


I would love to see a Green Lantern based TV show but I get the feeling that WB will want to keep their TV shows all connected to the CWverse and not expand upon the film universe more than they have to. I'd love a tv show that was all about Guy Gardner (Aaron Paul as GG in a TV show would be the bomb yo), Lobo, Adam Strange and all the other Lantern Corps, it would be really cool but I just can't see WB going through with it.

Between Tyrese Gibson and Lance Gross though, I'll go with Gross everytime. I do not want a repeat of Transformers lol.
User avatar
Peel
............
............
 
Posts: 1487
Joined: Nov 24th, 2011, 9:19 pm
Location: Sun'Land
Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Re: Green Lantern Corps

Postby ChaosThe15th » Aug 2nd, 2015, 6:26 pm

Im not familiar with Lance Gross. But he isn't Tyrese Gibson so he has two thumbs up from me!
Image
User avatar
ChaosThe15th
.............
.............
 
Posts: 1676
Joined: Aug 8th, 2011, 3:31 pm
Location: Paradise City, South Africa
Favourite Villain: Mr. Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Re: Green Lantern Corps

Postby BrunoBKMazing » May 15th, 2016, 12:26 am

And... The movie has been delayed.

Also, I have no idea of how this movie could play out, but this fan theory sounds epic.
Spoiler: show
The green lanterns are being hunted down by a misterious villain, they are stuck in a specific planet or sector, and at the same time their rings are unable to communicate with Oa. Hal, John, and Kyle are the only ones left, Kilowog is gravely injured and is being watched over by Kyle, the rookie. Hal and John go off together to figure out who it is, but the movie would also have flashbacks to their time training on Oa as first timers and then showing them meet everyone. They've never faced anything like this, something that can kill a lantern so easily.

The movie builds up to them finally figuring out who it is through them remembering certain times in their flashbacks.It turns out that the final key flashback is the one that reveals what the mission is about. Sinestro went missing and his ring ended up back on Oa, with everyone assuming that one of the greatest Green Lanterns was killed, but Hal and John realize through the use of flashbacks that Sinestro has found the Yellow Lantern and ring, and he's been killing the Green Lanterns.

Black Hawk Down in space FTW! :D
Image
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
User avatar
BrunoBKMazing
.................
.................
 
Posts: 2473
Joined: May 4th, 2011, 9:59 pm
Location: Brazil
Favourite Villain: Killer Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Re: Green Lantern Corps

Postby Mr Wayne » May 15th, 2016, 2:03 pm

BrunoBKMazing wrote:And... The movie has been delayed.

Also, I have no idea of how this movie could play out, but this fan theory sounds epic.
Spoiler: show
The green lanterns are being hunted down by a misterious villain, they are stuck in a specific planet or sector, and at the same time their rings are unable to communicate with Oa. Hal, John, and Kyle are the only ones left, Kilowog is gravely injured and is being watched over by Kyle, the rookie. Hal and John go off together to figure out who it is, but the movie would also have flashbacks to their time training on Oa as first timers and then showing them meet everyone. They've never faced anything like this, something that can kill a lantern so easily.

The movie builds up to them finally figuring out who it is through them remembering certain times in their flashbacks.It turns out that the final key flashback is the one that reveals what the mission is about. Sinestro went missing and his ring ended up back on Oa, with everyone assuming that one of the greatest Green Lanterns was killed, but Hal and John realize through the use of flashbacks that Sinestro has found the Yellow Lantern and ring, and he's been killing the Green Lanterns.

Black Hawk Down in space FTW! :D


Only been delayed by a month tho isnt it? Probably moving out of the way of something.

But that rumoured plot would be awesome.
Setting it on one planet rather than loads would condense the film, make it easier to follow for neutrals and still cater to fans with John and Hal interaction.
Image

Tell me, Do you Bleed?

You Will.


http://www.onegamersperspective.co.uk/
User avatar
Mr Wayne
............
............
 
Posts: 1558
Joined: Aug 13th, 2012, 12:08 pm
Location: Gotham
Favourite Villain: Thomas Elliot.
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush.

Re: Green Lantern Corps

Postby BuNKiTZ » Sep 1st, 2016, 7:52 am

Leaks. Potential spoilers. Check out the link for more.

Spoiler: show
  • Green Lantern shows up at the very very end of [Justice League] (may even be moved to mid/post-credit scene).
  • Luke Evans was approached to play Sinestro in Green Lantern Corp. Not sure if he agreed. The film will be lighthearted and fun. They’re modeling the tone after old cheesy scifi serials. As of right now, the villain will be Sinestro with a tease of Atrocitus towards the end (subject to change however). They want to explore the various Lantern Corps with this film and the sequels.
Image
User avatar
BuNKiTZ
...............
...............
 
Posts: 5686
Joined: Sep 7th, 2010, 2:59 pm
Location: In a potato sack
Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Re: Green Lantern Corps

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Jan 12th, 2017, 7:34 pm

David S. Goyer and Justin Rhodes set to write the Green Lantern Corps film.

On the good side, I'm glad that this project is finally showing signs of life, on the bad side, Goyer?! Really?! The guy who wrote "BVS" and "Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance"?!

WB you better have a good director up your sleeve to oversee things in this script, otherwise I'm not expecting a great movie. I'll certainly watch it, but damnit! I want the DCCU to have amazing movies.
Well, it can't be worse than the first Green Lantern movie right?...
Image
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
User avatar
BrunoBKMazing
.................
.................
 
Posts: 2473
Joined: May 4th, 2011, 9:59 pm
Location: Brazil
Favourite Villain: Killer Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Re: Green Lantern Corps

Postby JordanT4021 » Jan 12th, 2017, 9:13 pm

lmao dc are you even trying at this point?

David Goyer? The guy who's already been involved in 2 of the 3 DCEU shitshows. Why are they recycling the same 'talent' when they have nothing to show for it? Get someone new in who has strong experience and a good history.

On the other hand, woo! John Stewart getting some live action love. I would have loved some Jessica Cruz action but maybe she's a little too new.
Image
User avatar
JordanT4021
..........
..........
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Dec 17th, 2014, 7:55 pm
Location: Scotland
Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Re: Green Lantern Corps

Postby MaxSchreck » Jan 13th, 2017, 7:22 pm

Warner Bros and DC are moving aggressively on a new screen version of Green Lantern. They’ve set David Goyer to write the script with Justin Rhodes for Green Lantern Corps, with Goyer and his Phantom Four banner producing, with DC heads Geoff Johns and Jon Berg exec producing. The new version is described as Lethal Weapon in space, and it’s based on a comic book origin story. The focus will be on two characters: Hal Jordan and John Stewart. The latter is an African American Marine sniper before he joined the Lantern Corps and the story very much focuses on his relationship with Jordan and the Corps. The story was conceived by Goyer and Johns.


http://deadline.com/2017/01/green-lante ... 201884133/

What I don´t understand is why they turned John into a sniper. Wasn´t being an architect cool enough? That always seemed one of the most important aspects of that character to me.
Image

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
User avatar
MaxSchreck
...............
...............
 
Posts: 5694
Joined: Dec 1st, 2010, 10:12 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Green Lantern Corps

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Jan 21st, 2017, 12:56 am

JordanT4021 wrote:lmao dc are you even trying at this point?

David Goyer? The guy who's already been involved in 2 of the 3 DCEU shitshows. Why are they recycling the same 'talent' when they have nothing to show for it? Get someone new in who has strong experience and a good history.

On the other hand, woo! John Stewart getting some live action love. I would have loved some Jessica Cruz action but maybe she's a little too new.

Yeah, you're right, names like: David Goyer, Christina Hodson, Will Beall, bring me everything but confidence for the future of the DC films. If only Snyder could bring David Hayter to write another DC film...(Watchmen FTW!)

Well, at least Terrio wrote the Justice League script, and Affleck is writting the Batman one (2 Oscar winning writers). Although, I hope that there weren't some major changes in the JL one after this whole "Our movies can be fun too!" movement.

*

In other news, Duncan Jones shares his ideas for a Green Lantern movie.
Such a shame he has no interest in it. I'm still rooting for Joseph Kosinski to direct this film.

-- Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:53 pm --

[RUMOR]: Possible actors eyed for Hal Jordan in GLC

For me:
Hal Jordan - Jake Gyllenhaal/Ryan Reynolds
John Stewart - Idris Elba

Image

Also...


Last bumped by BrunoBKMazing on Jan 21st, 2017, 12:56 am.
Image
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
User avatar
BrunoBKMazing
.................
.................
 
Posts: 2473
Joined: May 4th, 2011, 9:59 pm
Location: Brazil
Favourite Villain: Killer Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Previous

Return to DC Comics Movies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron