DCEU Hopes and Expectations

Batman VS Superman, Justice League & the rest of the DC Cinematic Universe slate is huge - discuss!

DCEU Hopes and Expectations

Postby JordanT4021 » Jan 27th, 2016, 12:07 am

This is a chance to talk about what characters, plot lines and potential films we want to see in the DCEU. Also, a chance to discuss upcoming films on DC's slate.

For example: I really want to see the continuation of female's in large roles in DC's future, and even though Harley Quinn will be in the Suicide Squad, I really want to see a female antagonist that we shouldn't be rooting for. The most obvious choice for me is Poison Ivy.

We've seen Ivy once before in Batman & Robin and I think everyone would agree that the film did not do the character justice (or any character justice). She is one of the more prominent female Batman villains as apposed to Catwoman or Harley Quinn but the only one who hasn't been given any good screen time in live action. She's definitely a contender for one of Batman's most powerful villains with her ability to control all plant life and any man or woman. Not only is she a threat to Batman, she could be an antagonist for the Birds of Prey or could feature alongside Harley and Catwoman in a Gotham City Sirens spin off.

When it comes to Wonder Woman in the future, I hope they take the New 52 route because I think thats a great rendition of the character and her origins. Also, who wouldn't want to see Wonder Woman take on the Greek Gods like Hera, Apollo and Strife. Obviously we'll have to wait for sequels but with her first film being set in WW1, likely leading to Ares as the main villain, its a good set up for this.
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Re: DCEU Hopes and Expectations

Postby Remote Claw » Jan 27th, 2016, 1:14 am

The recent Darkseid teases make me hope he's not a one and done villain. I know there's Braniac and maybe even the Crime Syndicate, but wow. Teasing Darkseid now is not only cool, it's also scary.

It's not just Darkseid. I'm hoping DC doesn't become so quick to kill off their villains. They're just as interesting as the heroes. Not saying one villain should get a whole trilogy, but I'd like to see them have some kind of presence throughout the film universe.

Multiple Suicide Squad movies could be the perfect way to handle it. Who knows?

That's what's on my mind right now. For now, I'm not too concerned about who they use, but how they use them.

Hell, on that DC Special they said "DC has the best villains." Well, they better prove it.
Remote Claw

Favourite Villain: The Joker

Postby pukipuki » Jan 27th, 2016, 11:09 am

I hope they don't rush into the JLA but seems like they're going to so, idk. I guess I want the sidekicks to get some love... Like Wally, Dick, Kalder (thats Aqualad's name right?) etc.
"I'm Batman"- Batman
pukipuki

Favourite Villain: TWO-FACE
Favourite Graphic Novel: The long hallowing

Postby JordanT4021 » Jan 27th, 2016, 12:16 pm

Remote Claw wrote:The recent Darkseid teases make me hope he's not a one and done villain. I know there's Braniac and maybe even the Crime Syndicate, but wow. Teasing Darkseid now is not only cool, it's also scary.

It's not just Darkseid. I'm hoping DC doesn't become so quick to kill off their villains. They're just as interesting as the heroes. Not saying one villain should get a whole trilogy, but I'd like to see them have some kind of presence throughout the film universe.

Multiple Suicide Squad movies could be the perfect way to handle it. Who knows?

That's what's on my mind right now. For now, I'm not too concerned about who they use, but how they use them.

Hell, on that DC Special they said "DC has the best villains." Well, they better prove it.

I think this will be a big problem for DC to overcome. They have so many villains that fans love but won't want to see dead and gone. They're going to have to find a way to overcome that if they want that success. And there's definitely a gap in the market, if you will. With Marvel on its 15th or so film, we've only seen two or more good and interesting villains. Not to mention DC also has the element of diversity that Marvel is seriously lacking.

I have thought about a Suicide Squad sequel but I feel like things would be repeated. I think this might be best as a one off.
JordanT4021

Postby ChaosThe15th » Jan 27th, 2016, 2:14 pm

A general hope for me is that we will get good films which stand on their own, allowing filmmakers to create unique films which have minimal setup for future films.

A more specific one - For the love of christ don't have a Robin/sidekick in the standalone batman film.
ChaosThe15th

Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Postby JordanT4021 » Jan 27th, 2016, 3:01 pm

CHAOS15 wrote:A more specific one - For the love of christ don't have a Robin/sidekick in the standalone batman film.

What?!?! That would be awesome. Especailly Nightwing or Oracle which has been rumoured.
Last edited by JordanT4021 on Jan 27th, 2016, 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JordanT4021

Postby ChaosThe15th » Jan 27th, 2016, 4:12 pm

JordanT4021 wrote:[quote="CHAOS15]A more specific one - For the love of christ don't have a Robin/sidekick in the standalone batman film.[/quote]
What?!?! That would be awesome. Especailly Nightwing or Oracle which has been rumoured.[/quote]

Oracle would be good, as she is only really in his ear. Nightwing MAYBE for a small role. I just want Batman to work alone in the field, the way it should be.
ChaosThe15th

Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Postby JordanT4021 » Jan 27th, 2016, 10:04 pm

CHAOS15 wrote:Oracle would be good, as she is only really in his ear. Nightwing MAYBE for a small role. I just want Batman to work alone in the field, the way it should be.

I guess having a Robin limits how dark Batman can be. Plus, he can become a distraction. I do hope, however, that we get a Nightwing spin off film.
JordanT4021

Return to DC Comics Movies