Harley Quinn Movie (No official confirmation)

Batman VS Superman, Justice League & the rest of the DC Cinematic Universe slate is huge - discuss!

Harley Quinn Movie (No official confirmation)

Postby Remote Claw » May 16th, 2016, 9:10 pm

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/margot-robbies-harley-quinn-movie-894486

Harley Quinn Movie In the Works at Warner Bros. With Margot Robbie

In an interesting twist, the project is not a Quinn solo movie. Rather, it would focus on several of DC’s female heroes and villains, with names such as Batgirl and Birds of Prey surfacing.
Months ahead of the opening of Suicide Squad, Warner Bros. is already contemplating a spin-off for the DC Entertainment anti-heroine, Harley Quinn.

Margot Robbie, who stars as the villainess in Suicide Squad, is attached to reprise the character and would also produce the untitled spin-off, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

But in an interesting twist, the project is not a Quinn solo movie. Rather, it would focus on several of DC’s female heroes and villains.

Details are being closely guarded but names such as Batgirl and Birds of Prey have surfaced, although in what capacity, it’s not clear. Warner Bros. isn’t commenting.

There is also a scribe penning the script but those details, too, are being kept secret, although it is known that the writer is female.

DC has a very strong stable of heroines and villainesses and has been focusing on those characters with the rise of its female readership and fanbase. It recently introduced DC SuperHero Girls, a line of comics and products targeting the young female demographic. The characters getting the spotlight include Quinn, Batgirl, Batman villainess Poison Ivy, Katana (Quinn’s fellow member of the Suicide Squad) and Bumblebee, who can fly and shrink.

Sources say that Robbie was the impetus for the project, adding that when she got the part for the movie, she dove deep into the comics to learn as much as possible on the character. In the process, she fell for DC’s female characters. She brought on the writer to help develop the project and brought it Warners, which snapped it up.

It may not be an official announcement, but wow.

Still can't help but think they should wait for Suicide Squad's reception.
Remote Claw

Favourite Villain: The Joker

Re: Harley Quinn Movie (No official confirmation)

Postby Mr Wayne » May 16th, 2016, 9:25 pm

Yeah they should deffo wait for SS reactions.

But the prospect of HQ, PI and BG all in the same film kicking ass? I'm down.

Tell me, Do you Bleed?

You Will.

http://www.onegamersperspective.co.uk/
Mr Wayne

Favourite Villain: Thomas Elliot.
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush.

Postby arkhamcitydood » May 17th, 2016, 12:18 am

Mr Wayne wrote:Yeah they should deffo wait for SS reactions.

But the prospect of HQ, PI and BG all in the same film kicking ass? I'm down.

Don't forget, arguably the most important female DC antihero, catwoman. Can't wait to see who's cast next. Hathaway was a pretty underwhelming catwoman imo
arkhamcitydood

Favourite Villain: Penguin

Postby BrunoBKMazing » May 17th, 2016, 4:28 am

Personally, I'm loving what I'm seeing out of Robbie's Harley, so far, but, at the moment, there's just so many other DC Comics adaptations/characters that I'm more interested in seeing on the big screen than Harley Quinn's solo.
I just can't get excited for this. Sorry.
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Favourite Villain: Killer Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby MaxSchreck » May 17th, 2016, 6:58 am

Meh, I miss the time where Catwoman was Dcs most popular female character. According to this rumor she is not even in this movie.

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Postby JordanT4021 » May 17th, 2016, 12:12 pm

I don't think Harley Quinn mixes well with Bitds of Prey. They're very separate and aren't known to cross paths. If it was a Gotham Sirens vs Birds of Prey then I'd be much more excited. Although I don't know how I feel about cramming characters like Harley, Poison Ivy, Black Canary, Catwoman & Batgirl all in one film.
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Postby RAID3N » May 17th, 2016, 6:11 pm

BrunoBKMazing wrote:Personally, I'm loving what I'm seeing out of Robbie's Harley, so far, but, at the moment, there's just so many other DC Comics adaptations/characters that I'm more interested in seeing on the big screen than Harley Quinn's solo.
I just can't get excited for this. Sorry.

this, execs in WB/DC know how popular Harley became over time and just want dat money.

I find it depressing, seeing how DCEU is shifting towards being not about fleshing out characters and creating unique version of the best classic comic book story lines in order to please both fans and mass audiences, but being about trying to grab them Avengers' numbers merch bux by cramming as much characters in as possible and apparently cashing in on the swarm of teenage tumblr girl fans who love their Harley Quinn.

Instead of, idk, maybe making a PROPER MOS SEQUEL?! But I guess nobody loves Superman nowadays, he's no Harley Quinn, that's for sure...ugh
formerly BartMan992
RAID3N

Favourite Villain: Deathstroke/Owlman

Postby MaxSchreck » May 17th, 2016, 6:47 pm

The Harley hate is getting strong in me again...

Can somebody please tell me why people love Harley Quinn so much? She was cool in the animated Universe, but over time she has become too sexualized and obnoxious - a character that fits the stereotype of the dumb blonde woman perfectly yet is supposed to be some sort of psychology expert. In at least one version of her origin it is even implied that she only got her degree because she slept with her Professor. Also she is somewhat of a Karma Houdini. She kills people all the time yet never suffers the consequences of her crimes and in the Injustice Universe even got to join the heroes after going on the killing spree that is responsible for how fucked up that miserable parody of the Dcu is.

No offense to Harley fans, but I wish this character would be dead or at least significantly changed. I do not look forward to seeing her in her own movie and become a mass phenomenon like Deadpool.

MaxSchreck

Postby RAID3N » May 17th, 2016, 7:14 pm

MaxSchreck wrote:The Harley hate is getting strong in me again...

Can somebody please tell me why people love Harley Quinn so much? She was cool in the animated Universe, but over time she has become too sexualized and obnoxious - a character that fits the stereotype of the dumb blonde woman perfectly yet is supposed to be some sort of psychology expert. In at least one version of her origin it is even implied that she only got her degree because she slept with her Professor. Also she is somewhat of a Karma Houdini. She kills people all the time yet never suffers the consequences of her crimes and in the Injustice Universe even got to join the heroes after going on the killing spree that is responsible for how fucked up that miserable parody of the Dcu is.

No offense to Harley fans, but I wish this character would be dead or at least significantly changed. I do not look forward to seeing her in her own movie and become a mass phenomenon like Deadpool.

omg, I thought I was the only one who disliked Harley here, agreed with all of the above
formerly BartMan992
RAID3N

Favourite Villain: Deathstroke/Owlman

Postby MaxSchreck » May 17th, 2016, 8:26 pm

RAID3N wrote:

omg, I thought I was the only one who disliked Harley here, agreed with all of the above

Good to know that there are more :I

MaxSchreck

Postby arkhamcitydood » May 17th, 2016, 11:25 pm

MaxSchreck wrote:
RAID3N wrote:

Okay, to a certain extent, I agree. Harley Quinn is a phenomenal character... If used right. Lately, her character has been less Harley Quinn and more female joker/ jokers dumb girlfriend, if you catch what I'm saying. I think her DCEU origin will be a little different because she owns a tattoo parlor (unless that's something that happened after her transformation, but who would let a permanently clown-skinned female run any business?) I think she will be good in suicide squad. She'll be less of a dumb broad with bewbs. If DC is trying to play their cards right, they'll make her like the new 52 and make he more strong and independant, not having to worry about the joker
arkhamcitydood

Favourite Villain: Penguin

Postby BiGbAdBaTz » May 18th, 2016, 2:20 am

arkhamcitydood wrote:
MaxSchreck wrote:
RAID3N wrote:

Okay, to a certain extent, I agree. Harley Quinn is a phenomenal character... If used right. Lately, her character has been less Harley Quinn and more female joker/ jokers dumb girlfriend, if you catch what I'm saying. I think her DCEU origin will be a little different because she owns a tattoo parlor (unless that's something that happened after her transformation, but who would let a permanently clown-skinned female run any business?) I think she will be good in suicide squad. She'll be less of a dumb broad with bewbs. If DC is trying to play their cards right, they'll make her like the new 52 and make he more strong and independant, not having to worry about the joker

I'm pretty sure the tattoo parlor is just something the crew made up since Margot and everybody got matching tattoos lol. I don't think that's like a story thing in the movie.
*woman sobbing on the floor*
Batman: QUIET!
BiGbAdBaTz

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Dec 14th, 2016, 12:25 am

"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Postby BiGbAdBaTz » Dec 14th, 2016, 12:29 am

*woman sobbing on the floor*
Batman: QUIET!
BiGbAdBaTz

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Dec 14th, 2016, 1:10 am

I'm kinda neutral with this news.
I mean, I still have no idea of how this movie could play out, who's going to be the big baddie and etc...; And I still feel like there are some far more interesting characters out there who deserve a solo movie before Harley Quinn (despite the fact that I loved Harley in SS). Also, with Ayer directing, I'm worried about some characters getting a more "realistic", "street" looking costumes, like we've seen in Suicide Squad. Wasn't a big fan of that.

On a positive note, despite the many problems that the Suicide Squad movie went through, visually speaking, the movie was gorgeous (in my opinion), and Ayer seems to have a lot of passion for the DC comics universe, I respect him a lot for that.

So yeah, looking forward to see more of this film.
#LongLiveTheDCMovies
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Return to DC Comics Movies