Man Of Steel 2 - In Development

Batman VS Superman, Justice League & the rest of the DC Cinematic Universe slate is huge - discuss!

Man Of Steel 2 - In Development

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Aug 8th, 2016, 7:55 pm

The Wrap wrote:Henry Cavill‘s Superman will fly solo again in a sequel to “Man of Steel” going into active development at Warner Bros., a person familiar with the project told TheWrap.

Released in 2013, produced by Christopher Nolan and directed by Zack Snyder, “Man Of Steel” earned $668 million at the global box office and launched the ambitious DC Cinematic Universe. This summer’s “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” which picked up where that film left off, has pulled in $872 million.

Despite Superman’s battle with Batman, DC has been silent on a sequel to “Man of Steel” featuring Superman solo, leading many frustrated fanboys to believe that another film wasn’t going to happen. But a person close to the project told TheWrap that Superman is a top priority for the studio and getting the character right for audiences is of tantamount importance.

Warner Bros. did not immediately return a call for comment Monday.

Back in October 2014, while speaking at Time Warner Investor Day, Warner Bros. CEO Kevin Tsujihara announced a slate of nine films with members of DC Comics the “Justice League” including The Flash, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and Cyborg. “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” set the stage for the new films.

“Suicide Squad,” which opened over the weekend and features a cavalcade of DC villains — and brief appearances by Ben Affleck‘s Batman — pulled in a record $135 million.

Cavill, who played Superman in “Man of Steel” and “Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice,” will next be seen in 2017’s “Justice League.”

The “Man of Steel” sequel is a long way from getting a release date. ‘”Wonder Woman” is slated for June 2, 2017, followed by “Justice League” on Nov. 17, 2017. “Aquaman” is currently slated for July 27, 2018. A standalone “Batman” film does not yet have a date, but will likely come before the Superman sequel, the person familiar with the project said.

Warner Bros. has two untitled DC films to be released on Oct. 5, 2018 and Nov. 1, 2019, but hasn’t said what they will be.

Great news for the Last Son Of Krypton fans! Are you excited? Sound off below.
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Favourite Villain: Killer Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Re: Man Of Steel 2 - In Development

Postby Remote Claw » Aug 8th, 2016, 8:40 pm

Definitely excited.

The one thing that bums me out is the thought of Man of Steel 2 being released after Justice League 2. If I had it my way, JL2 would take that untitled November 2019 date and MoS2 would be in June 2019.

Two Justice League movies before two Superman movies is a crime. A crime, I tell you.

The one reason waiting for another solo movie hasn't been that bothersome for me is how Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, and Justice League is a Superman trilogy in a manner of speaking.
Remote Claw

Favourite Villain: The Joker

Postby Benji » Aug 8th, 2016, 9:56 pm

I have a feeling I'll be so bored of Snyders Superman if something drastic doesn't happen

Storms come and go. The big fish eat the little fish and I keep on paddling.
Benji

Favourite Villain: Team Rocket
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Postby MaxSchreck » Aug 8th, 2016, 10:29 pm

Wonder who they will choose as the villain this time. Can´t say I am excited, though. Maybe I´ll be after watching Suicide Squad, but I have my doubts.

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Postby Mani-Man » Aug 9th, 2016, 9:17 am

It was about time.
They can fix Superman in this universe quite easy.
Henry Cavill makes one great superman, it would be a shame to throw that out of the window.
Just get Nolan as producer far away as possible and get rid of this bleak tone overall.
Mani-Man

Postby TFDutchman » Aug 9th, 2016, 11:54 am

Too bad they already wasted the Death of Superman in BvS. That's what MOS2 should've been.

"Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder."
TFDutchman

Favourite Villain: Two-Face

Postby Mani-Man » Aug 9th, 2016, 1:44 pm

Yup, they could have done so much with that story.
No matter how the future will look...i will always be a bit sad that they "rushed" the cinematic universe so much.
Batman vs Superman shouldnt have "started" this joined universe...it should have been the biggest thing ever.
Not the start to the justice league etc.

Either way, im at least curious on the first couple of news to this.
Mani-Man

Postby MaxSchreck » Aug 9th, 2016, 2:47 pm

Maybe Brainiac will debut in this. Which other big Superman villain is left? We already had Lex, Zod and Doomsday. Darkseid will be fought in Jl.
Introducing Supergirl could also be done... I think. There was this weird prequel comic.

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Aug 12th, 2016, 3:18 am

I don't know about you guys, but for me, MOS 2 should be an adaptation of:
Either "Superman: Brainiac"(which I read recently, and I really enjoyed it. Also could be a great way of introducing Supergirl to the DC Cinematic Universe)
Spoiler: show

or "What's So Funny About Truth, Justice, And The American Way?"(in case they don't want to make another Superman movie about alien invasion)
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Favourite Villain: Killer Croc

Postby BiGbAdBaTz » Aug 12th, 2016, 4:04 am

That's cool I guess
*woman sobbing on the floor*
Batman: QUIET!
BiGbAdBaTz

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn

Postby BuNKiTZ » Sep 1st, 2016, 7:43 am

DCEU future plans leaks. Superman-related details below. Grain of salt. Potential spoilers.

• Sequel to Man of Steel will be released in 2020 (the name Superman will not be in the title). Villain is Braniac. They’re trying to court several directors including J.J. Abrams and Duncan Jones. Other characters being considered include Supergirl and Superboy. Lex Luthor will be a key character in Braniac’s new origin. I believe the origin they have planned at the moment is Lex uses Kryptonian and alien tech to enhance LexOS and it becomes Braniac. From what I’ve seen though, they DEFINITELY want Braniac in a physical comic book-y form, not as some AI controlling drones or machines or something.
  • Justice League’s villain is [...] Later, the League get their asses kicked by Steppenwolf but then Superman returns and weakens him. The full Justice League then works together to defeat Steppenwolf in an awesome climactic fight reminiscent of the big fight scene in The Avengers. Superman has a beard, long hair, tattered/scorched-looking black suit, and is thin at first (not as thin as Flashpoint Superman but still thin). During the fight with Steppenwolf, you see his full strength return with each swing and with each second he’s in the sunlight.
BuNKiTZ

Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Return to DC Comics Movies