Justice League Dark - Directed by Doug Liman

Batman VS Superman, Justice League & the rest of the DC Cinematic Universe slate is huge - discuss!

Justice League Dark - Directed by Doug Liman

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Aug 24th, 2016, 9:18 pm

Variety wrote:Doug Liman is set to direct the Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment adaptation of “Dark Universe” — a.k.a., “Justice League Dark.”

Scott Rudin is producing. Michael Gilio is writing the script.

Warner Bros. had no comment.

Sources also added that Liman has left the Channing Tatum “Gambit” which insiders say is a mutual split between the studio and Liman.

While plot details are being kept under wraps, the story revolves around a dark Justice League team that consists of John Constantine, Swamp Thing, Deadman, Zatanna and Etrigan the Demon.

The film is an ensemble focused which speaks to one of his early hits “Go”, which dealt with a similar ensemble. The film will play a major role in the new D.C. Cinematic Universe.

Constantine was played by Keanu Reeves in a 2005 movie, as well as by Matt Ryan in NBC series “Constantine,” which was canceled in 2015 after one season. Swamp Thing has also had his own movie, with Dick Durock playing the creature in Wes Craven’s 1982 film.

Del Toro was originally attached to direct, but the project was shelved as the helmer was sidetracked by other projects. Rudin came on board as producer last year, giving new life to the property.

Liman recently finished filming “The Wall,” starring Aaron Taylor-Johnson, at Amazon Studios. He is also attached to direct “Chaos Walking” at Lionsgate and has the drug cartel pic “American Made,” starring Tom Cruise, opening next September.

He is currently in post on the Tom Cruise pic “American Made.”

Great news for those who were looking forward to a live action adaptation of this "peculiar" group of heroes (myself included)! So, what do you think of this choice? Are you excited for it? At least, I am! :D
Last edited by BrunoBKMazing on Aug 28th, 2016, 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Favourite Villain: Killer Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Re: Justice League Dark - Directed by Doug Liman

Postby Remote Claw » Aug 25th, 2016, 2:29 am

It's nice to hear, that's for sure.

However, I'm not enthusiastic about it just yet. We still have Wonder Woman and Justice League coming next year and I'm nervous about those given the backlash Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad received.

I'd feel better if the main heroes got some well received movies first.

More bad news for Gambit.
Remote Claw

Favourite Villain: The Joker

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Aug 28th, 2016, 2:49 am

Remote Claw wrote:It's nice to hear, that's for sure.

However, I'm not enthusiastic about it just yet. We still have Wonder Woman and Justice League coming next year and I'm nervous about those given the backlash Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad received.

I'd feel better if the main heroes got some well received movies first.

More bad news for Gambit.

To be honest, I'm kinda glad that the movie doesn't have a release date yet. I mean, Doug Liman has some great movies under his belt, but just like Del Toro, the guy also has some projects in progress at the moment. "Chaos Walking". "Edge Of Tomorrow 2"(heck I loved the first one, I don't think a sequel is necessary, but if they end up making it, I want Liman back at the director's chair). I really hope that he can direct all of these movies. Meanwhile WB/DC can focus on their main characters. :)

I also agree with what you said. I mean, so far, I've been enjoying everything that I've seen from the DC Cinematic Universe movies, sure, they are not flawless like I would have hoped, but I'm very invested into it. Such a shame that not everyone shares the same feelings, and that's understandable.
I think that, with the right choices, DC can give us an epic movie franchise. I'm crossing my fingers for the best in their future.

As for Gambit... well, I'm pretty sure a certain red uniform is calling for Mr. Tatum, Do it, Channing. Just do it.
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Postby BuNKiTZ » Sep 1st, 2016, 7:40 am

Leaks. Grain of salt. Potential spoilers. You guys know the drill.

Not much about Justice League Dark, though, actually.

Spoiler: show
  • Justice League 2 will be pushed back to the end of 2019 to make room for Justice League Dark (which will have a different title to not confuse moviegoers).
  • Going off that last bit, they’re planning on bringing the DCEU shows to HBO exclusively. Ideas being tossed around include Birds of Prey, Nightwing, The Question (heavily being considered as being the first, last I heard), The Phantom Stranger, Zatanna, and Doctor Fate.
BuNKiTZ

Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Postby JordanT4021 » May 24th, 2017, 10:51 pm

For the love of god:
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/05/24/justice-league-dark-movie-loses-director-doug-liman
To be fair, Doug Liman just doesn't seem to be a reliable director. He dropped out of Gambit before any work had started to do this. Now the same has been done again.

Oh Wonder Woman, you're our only hope.
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Postby BrunoBKMazing » May 27th, 2017, 8:51 pm

JordanT4021 wrote:For the love of god:
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/05/24/justice-league-dark-movie-loses-director-doug-liman
To be fair, Doug Liman just doesn't seem to be a reliable director. He dropped out of Gambit before any work had started to do this. Now the same has been done again.

Oh Wonder Woman, you're our only hope.

I feared that something like this would happen. I mean the guy's name is attached to so many stuff, I don't know how hasty WB is in regards to getting JL Dark off the ground, they have the script, they have a producer, and they had a director, but if they were going to keep him, it would have taken a long time to start rolling the cameras. Such a shame that he had to go (at least schedules were the problem this time around).

And apparently they are already looking for another director.
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/transformers/justice_league_dark/justice-league-dark-movie-loses-director-doug-liman-it-helmer-andy-muschietti-possibly-being-eyed-a151360
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/justice_league/justice_league_dark/justice-league-dark-said-to-be-eyeing-argentinean-director-damin-szifron-to-replace-doug-liman-a151436

If it was up to me, I'd say give Guillermo Del Toro another call. Nowadays, he may not be as busy as he was years ago.
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Postby Mr Wayne » May 28th, 2017, 10:31 pm

Thinking the same thing Bruno. GDT is the best bet for a quality JLD movie. Especially if they want something as good as WW, (hopefully) Aquaman and JL.

Anyone follow him on social media? He tweets a lot of designs from previous films created by himself and other people. Just imagine the look of a GDT Swamp Thing and Deadman.

Tell me, Do you Bleed?

You Will.

http://www.onegamersperspective.co.uk/
Mr Wayne

Favourite Villain: Thomas Elliot.
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush.

Postby BrunoBKMazing » May 30th, 2017, 6:25 am

Mr Wayne wrote:Thinking the same thing Bruno. GDT is the best bet for a quality JLD movie. Especially if they want something as good as WW, (hopefully) Aquaman and JL.

Anyone follow him on social media? He tweets a lot of designs from previous films created by himself and other people. Just imagine the look of a GDT Swamp Thing and Deadman.

Since you mentioned it, Ron Perlman for Swamp Thing (and someone else as Alec Holland), and Doug Jones for Deadman are a must! Do it Del Toro! Just do it!

Also, nice to see you back around here, Mr Wayne. :)
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Return to DC Comics Movies