Gotham City Sirens- directed by David Ayer

Batman VS Superman, Justice League & the rest of the DC Cinematic Universe slate is huge - discuss!

Gotham City Sirens- directed by David Ayer

Postby BiGbAdBaTz » Dec 14th, 2016, 12:29 am

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... s-project-

David Ayer is back in the business of DC comics villains.

The filmmaker, who directed Warner Bros.’ all-bad guy comic book movie Suicide Squad, is reuniting with that film’s star, Margot Robbie, for Gotham City Sirens, a feature project that will showcase the top female villains from the DC stable, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Ayer will direct and produce the project with Robbie reprising her role as Harley Quinn, the part-time girlfriend of the Joker who is currently DC's most popular female character. Robbie is also executive producing.

Sirens was a recent comic series from DC that focused on the popular villainesses from Batman’s rogue gallery. Among them were Quinn, Catwoman, Batman’s sometime love interest, and Poison Ivy, who uses plants and their toxins to get what she wants.

Geneva Robertson-Dworet, a top female writer in the action sphere who has also penned scripts for the Tomb Raider remake and Warners' own Sherlock Holmes 3, is writing the screenplay.

The heads of DC’s film arm, Geoff Johns and Jon Berg, will also be involved in a producorial role.

Suicide Squad was a tough production and the movie underwent some reshoots but it all turned out fine for all parties involved as the movie grossed over $745.6 million global. It is now the 13th highest-grossing superhero release of all-time domestically and has surpassed the international box office of Deadpool, a movie to which it was often compared to in terms of tone.

The studio is still developing a Squad sequel as well as looking into a spin-off featuring Deadshot, the assassin character played by Will Smith. But this project was the most furthest along, and with Robbie’s Quinn having received near universal praise from Squad, this was the most natural project for Ayer with which to make his Warners return. The filmmaker is currently nearing the end of principal photography for Bright, his fantasy thriller for Netflix that stars Will Smith and Joel Edgerton.

Warner doesn’t have a release date for Sirens, but the project is now on the fast-track.

Ayer is repped by CAA and Sloane Offer.
*woman sobbing on the floor*
Batman: QUIET!
BiGbAdBaTz

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn

Re: Gotham City Sirens- directed by David Ayer

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Dec 14th, 2016, 1:01 am

Since The Flash movie is on Limbo right now, and Batfleck is taking his time to make the Batman solo flawless, I wouldn't be surprised if they release this GC Sirens film in 2018 (either that or the Suicide Squad sequel).

Wasn't a big fan of the idea when I first heard of it . But I'm looking forward to hearing more of it.
And they better do justice to my goddess: Catwoman. :)
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Favourite Villain: Killer Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby BiGbAdBaTz » Dec 14th, 2016, 1:33 am

If Eva Green does not play Selina Kyle I am physically fighting Ayer, Snyder, Margot, and anyone else involved in this movie.
BiGbAdBaTz

Postby Remote Claw » Dec 14th, 2016, 1:39 am

I'm not sure how I feel. I enjoyed Suicide Squad, but hearing "Ayer" makes me worried this movie will have the same "ingredients" going in. I want this trend of critically panned movies to stop.

Please no Deadshot spin-off. He's already the top dog of the Suicide Squad.
Remote Claw

Favourite Villain: The Joker

Postby BiGbAdBaTz » Dec 14th, 2016, 1:44 am

Remote Claw wrote:I'm not sure how I feel. I enjoyed Suicide Squad, but hearing "Ayer" makes me worried this movie will have the same "ingredients" going in. I want this trend of critically panned movies to stop.

Please no Deadshot spin-off. He's already the top dog of the Suicide Squad.

Yes i really want WBM to have a win. Wonder Woman looks promising, but so did Man of Steel, BvS, and Suicide Squad.

Ayer should have as little creative control as possible for a director. No scripting, and for the love of god, NO CHARACTER DESIGNING. No tattoos, please!!!
BiGbAdBaTz

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Dec 14th, 2016, 1:50 am

BiGbAdBaTz wrote:If Eva Green does not play Selina Kyle I am physically fighting Ayer, Snyder, Margot, and anyone else involved in this movie.

I feel like you're gonna have to fight me too. Olivia Wilde for Catwoman! :D
Remote Claw wrote:Please no Deadshot spin-off. He's already the top dog of the Suicide Squad.

That's what we get when Big Will gets casted as a mask-less Deadshot. :)
I like Will Smith, but damn! That guy has such a big ego...

P.S.: Where the hell is my Goddamn Lobo movie?!
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Postby BiGbAdBaTz » Dec 14th, 2016, 2:21 am

BrunoBKMazing wrote:
BiGbAdBaTz wrote:If Eva Green does not play Selina Kyle I am physically fighting Ayer, Snyder, Margot, and anyone else involved in this movie.

I feel like you're gonna have to fight me too. Olivia Wilde for Catwoman! :D
Remote Claw wrote:Please no Deadshot spin-off. He's already the top dog of the Suicide Squad.

That's what we get when Big Will gets casted as a mask-less Deadshot. :)
I like Will Smith, but damn! That guy has such a big ego...

P.S.: Where the hell is my Goddamn Lobo movie?!

Jk. Olivia Wilde is good too. Eva is just such an amazing actor IMO, so I want to see her get some blockbuster attention.
BiGbAdBaTz

Postby JordanT4021 » Dec 14th, 2016, 6:05 pm

^^^^ Olivia Wilde for Catwoman all the way!!

I feel so conflicted. I feel like someone has just told me that I've won the lottery but I'll be bankrupt in 5 years. Poison Ivy is my favourite comic book character in existence and I've been waiting for some live action redemption since 1997, but why is Ayer attached to this???
While Ayer wasn't the only problem with Suicide Squad, he definitely played a part. Why can't they bring in someone else? What makes Ayer think Warner Bros won't walk all over him again?
While I'm happy to see a female writer, she has no prior experience to base anything off. All she has is some interesting looking future films.
I just really want them to make a good Ivy story, with each siren getting the attention they deserve. I want a film that's good and well written and not thrown together lazily for profit as we're seeing so much of nowadays. Oh, and lets please not have Poison Ivy as little more than Harley Quinn's love interest. I don't know why DC are so adamant to do this to Ivy in the comics right now.
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Postby Remote Claw » Dec 16th, 2016, 1:09 am

I remember before Batman v Superman came out, somebody here wanted Lauren Cohan to play Selina

Since then, I've actually been interested in seeing that even though she ended up being Martha Wayne.
Remote Claw

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Dec 16th, 2016, 1:39 am

Remote Claw wrote:I remember before Batman v Superman came out, somebody here wanted Lauren Cohan to play Selina

Since then, I've actually been interested in seeing that even though she ended up being Martha Wayne.
Spoiler: show

*raises hand* I'm pretty sure that was me, good sir. :)
Considering how small her role in the DCCU is (at least, currently) (it's not like we are gonna see a lot more of Bruce's past/ parents, I imagine), I would love to see her taking on the part of Catwoman. Otherwise, I will stick with Ms. Wilde as my pick.

If Jeffrey Dean Morgan also could play Lobo, that would be great.
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Postby Remote Claw » Dec 16th, 2016, 1:56 am

BrunoBKMazing wrote:*raises hand* I'm pretty sure that was me, good sir. :)

Oh, haha. What's up?

BrunoBKMazing wrote:Considering how small her role in the DCCU is (at least, currently) (it's not like we are gonna see a lot more of Bruce's past/ parents, I imagine), I would love to see her taking on the part of Catwoman. Otherwise, I will stick with Ms. Wilde as my pick.

Yeah. Best chance of seeing more of them is a Flashpoint movie, but I doubt that's happening anytime soon. Or if Batfleck hallucinates as much as Arkham Batman.

Jeffery Dean Morgan as Lobo does sound great.
Remote Claw

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Dec 16th, 2016, 4:26 am

Remote Claw wrote:
BrunoBKMazing wrote:Considering how small her role in the DCCU is (at least, currently) (it's not like we are gonna see a lot more of Bruce's past/ parents, I imagine), I would love to see her taking on the part of Catwoman. Otherwise, I will stick with Ms. Wilde as my pick.

Yeah. Best chance of seeing more of them is a Flashpoint movie, but I doubt that's happening anytime soon. Or if Batfleck hallucinates as much as Arkham Batman.

Jeffery Dean Morgan as Lobo does sound great.

Yeah. That's what I thought too. The way I see it, I feel like a movie based on the Flashpoint storyline could be a great way of closing off the Flash trilogy, but that will take some time to happen, cuz first of all, we gotta have the very first Flash solo movie lol. Also, the fact that Martha Joker doesn't have such a big role in the Flashpoint story, makes it a little easier for them to pick Cohen for another role in the DCCU, I believe.

As for JDM, while I would love to see his portrayal of Thomas Wayne Batman, right now I can't think of any other actor who would be perfect for Lobo (JDM also expressed interest in playing the character in the past, if I remember correctly). If they could pull off a page out of Guilhermo Del Toro's book, and have their actors loaded with make-up up to a point where they are almost unrecognizable so they can play several characters, that would be perfect.

[RUMOR}: Megan Fox for Poison Ivy?
Most of the times, I don't take Bleeding Cool's worlds seriously (I still don't), but, if true, that is a very, very, VERY daring choice.
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Postby JordanT4021 » Dec 16th, 2016, 6:01 pm

I'm not excited or disappointed by those Megan Fox rumours. I think I'd have to see her in the role to figure out if its a god idea or not. Fox did play a similar role in 'Jennifer's Body' where she was a man eating demon, so I guess she could pull off Ivy.

I'd prefer Alexandra Breckenridge, Bryce Dallas Howard or Jessica Chastain as my Ivy, although I think that the last two would suit better in a dark, intelligent Batman film.
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Postby BiGbAdBaTz » Dec 18th, 2016, 5:05 am

If you don't think Eva Green IS Selina Kyle what are you even doing with your life?

BiGbAdBaTz

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Dec 18th, 2016, 8:52 am

If you don't think Olivia Wilde IS future Ms. BrunoBKMa... err... I mean, Selina Kyle, what are you even doing with your life?
Good lord...
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Next

Return to DC Comics Movies