Gotham City Sirens- directed by David Ayer

Batman VS Superman, Justice League & the rest of the DC Cinematic Universe slate is huge - discuss!

Re: Gotham City Sirens- directed by David Ayer

Postby BiGbAdBaTz » Dec 18th, 2016, 8:52 pm

BrunoBKMazing wrote:If you don't think Olivia Wilde IS future Ms. BrunoBKMa... err... I mean, Selina Kyle, what are you even doing with your life?
Good lord...

haha you can have her....i'm not too familiar with her but i was always under the impression was more of a comedic actor.
*woman sobbing on the floor*
Batman: QUIET!
BiGbAdBaTz

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Dec 18th, 2016, 9:28 pm

BiGbAdBaTz wrote:
BrunoBKMazing wrote:If you don't think Olivia Wilde IS future Ms. BrunoBKMa... err... I mean, Selina Kyle, what are you even doing with your life?
Good lord...

haha you can have her....i'm not too familiar with her but i was always under the impression was more of a comedic actor.

In case you haven't yet, I highly recommend watching "Tron: Legacy". One of my favorite movies ever (and yes, the fact that this movie introduced me to Ms. Wilde is one of the reasons why). :D

#GiveBrunoTron3
#JosephKosinskiForGreenLanternDirector

Spread the word!
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Favourite Villain: Killer Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby BiGbAdBaTz » Dec 18th, 2016, 11:23 pm

I wonder what the story will be like. They can't just thrust these three women together without it having a point.

I hope Batman plays a part. If Batman is in a movie with Gotham City in the title i will flip a table.
BiGbAdBaTz

Postby JordanT4021 » Dec 19th, 2016, 10:29 pm

^ Olivia Wilde is beautiful. Legit, she looks like the perfect Catwoman.
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Dec 20th, 2016, 12:43 am

BiGbAdBaTz wrote:I wonder what the story will be like. They can't just thrust these three women together without it having a point.

I hope Batman plays a part. If Batman is in a movie with Gotham City in the title i will flip a table.

Yeah, that's one of the things that is worrying me about this movie.
For now, the only plot that I could think of, is make Harley invade Arkham, and set Ivy and Catwoman free so they can set up a plan to steal money from a gang leader (Penguin maybe).
And that's all I've got. I want to see the sirens getting into a physical fight with a villain, but I can't think of anyone who requires the three girls's skills to take him/her down. Also, I want to see Ivy wrecking shit with her plant powers, so this gotta be a powerful foe.

Unpopular opinion: Most people cast her as Poison Ivy (probably because she's a natural redhead), but I think Jessica Chastain would also be a good choice for Catwoman. I mean, she's gorgeous, close to Affleck's age, and has a butt-chin (she and Batfleck are like soulmates).
And in case you're wondering, yes, all of my celebrity crushes would make a great Catwoman, in my mind.
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Postby JordanT4021 » Dec 20th, 2016, 6:53 pm

I think a good story is going to be really hard to reach. Someone is going to be disappointed here. You have two huge antiheroes and one huge super villain in a team. If they do the heroic thing, it goes against Ivy's nature and absolute hatred for humanity, but if they do something extremely villainous, it goes against Catwoman's morality and 75 years of progression in the comics.

I really don't know how this is going to work. I'd much rather a Bird's of Prey film with Poison Ivy as the main villain and a cameo from Harley Quinn and Catwoman towards the end. Also, if they choose to go for that basic bitch swimsuit for Ivy, I'll riot :oldyella:
JordanT4021

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Dec 20th, 2016, 7:29 pm

^^Yeah, if done justice, Ivy is such a force to be reckoned with. So powerful that I can't see any villain who's able to give her,and the other 2 sirens, a run for their money, besides Ivy herself. I honestly wouldn't mind if they made her the main antagonist. In fact, I kinda like that idea.

Oh, and with Ayer directing, I swear, if Catwoman end up having some golden/silver teeth, I'm gonna flip it.
Enough of this gangsta crap.
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Postby BiGbAdBaTz » Dec 20th, 2016, 9:36 pm

JordanT4021 wrote:I think a good story is going to be really hard to reach. Someone is going to be disappointed here. You have two huge antiheroes and one huge super villain in a team. If they do the heroic thing, it goes against Ivy's nature and absolute hatred for humanity, but if they do something extremely villainous, it goes against Catwoman's morality and 75 years of progression in the comics.

I really don't know how this is going to work. I'd much rather a Bird's of Prey film with Poison Ivy as the main villain and a cameo from Harley Quinn and Catwoman towards the end. Also, if they choose to go for that basic bitch swimsuit for Ivy, I'll riot :oldyella:

yeah a good story will be a difficult thing.

Ivy is a bad person. Harley is a bad person. Catwoman is a good person (usually). So finding a logical and realistic way for the three of them to come together will be hard.

And you guys are right. Ivy is SO powerful, and violent. People forget that her main goal is effectively genocide.

Harley will be tricky. SS did a good job of showing her having some humanity, while still be an objectively bad person. She was a killer, a manipulator, she laughed the idea of "a whole lotta people" dying. But since her boyfriend hits her, people tend to forgive that for some reason. I don't want the movie to ignore her own evilness.

Catwoman's interesting. She and Batman are in love, but she is on the other side of the law. She has morals, she has a code, she doesn't kill. She steals from the rich and gives to the poor, but helps herself to quite a bit as well. She's sneaky and manipulative and kicks ass, but not needlessly.

My ideal story would end in betrayal tbh. Catwoman betrays them for Batman. Ivy betrays them for being humans. Harley betrays them for Joker. Something like that. In the DCEU's gritty realism thing, it would be very UNrealistic to have three criminals of varying degrees of bloodlust just being besties and stay that way.
BiGbAdBaTz

Postby JordanT4021 » Dec 20th, 2016, 10:43 pm

^Ayer vision must be a fascinating thing. Expect to see a hippie Ivy with dreadlocks and a bong, and a 'street' Catwoman with fancy brass knuckles and a bottle of vodka.

I totally agree @BiGbAdBaTz. All three women have differing motivations, outlooks and aspirations. There's no way they should work as an effective team. But thats actually how the comic series ended. Each siren betrayed one another and tried to kill each other but ended up walking away out of respect. I think we should see something similar here. Although the Suicide Squad should in theory be much worse in terms of betrayal and animosity, yet by the end of the film they called one another 'family'.

What this movie CAN"T be is just a quirky girls team up. There needs to be real focus on characters and there needs to be a great plot. Margot Robbie has said that she really doesn't like the Joker element of Harley's character, and since she's in an executive producer role, I think we'll see a more independent Harley Quinn who won't allow herself to be a victim.
JordanT4021

Postby BiGbAdBaTz » Dec 20th, 2016, 11:26 pm

JordanT4021 wrote:^Ayer vision must be a fascinating thing. Expect to see a hippie Ivy with dreadlocks and a bong, and a 'street' Catwoman with fancy brass knuckles and a bottle of vodka.

I totally agree @BiGbAdBaTz. All three women have differing motivations, outlooks and aspirations. There's no way they should work as an effective team. But thats actually how the comic series ended. Each siren betrayed one another and tried to kill each other but ended up walking away out of respect. I think we should see something similar here. Although the Suicide Squad should in theory be much worse in terms of betrayal and animosity, yet by the end of the film they called one another 'family'.

What this movie CAN"T be is just a quirky girls team up. There needs to be real focus on characters and there needs to be a great plot. Margot Robbie has said that she really doesn't like the Joker element of Harley's character, and since she's in an executive producer role, I think we'll see a more independent Harley Quinn who won't allow herself to be a victim.

yeah i just don't know if wb has the balls to have a "super empowered" girl group end with the women at each others' throats. they might not wanna burn that bridge.

-- Dec 23rd, 2016, 5:44 pm --

JordanT4021 wrote:^Ayer vision must be a fascinating thing. Expect to see a hippie Ivy with dreadlocks and a bong, and a 'street' Catwoman with fancy brass knuckles and a bottle of vodka.

yeah i just don't know if wb has the balls to have a "super empowered" girl group end with the women at each others' throats. they might not wanna burn that bridge.

-- Dec 23rd, 2016, 5:44 pm --

Apparently starting production in 2017, so we can expect casting announcements early 2017.
BiGbAdBaTz

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Jan 19th, 2017, 7:33 pm

Not sure where that belongs, but it seems like Jared Leto is teasing his return as the Joker.

Spoiler: show
I see potential here. But, please! For the love of god! Take off these grills, rings and chains, and give this man a proper script! He could be amazing in the role.

I wish this tease was for "The Batman", but since the script is not done yet, I fear that we're gonna see more of Ayer's gangsta take on Joker...
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Postby BiGbAdBaTz » Jan 19th, 2017, 8:13 pm

BrunoBKMazing wrote:Not sure where that belongs, but it seems like Jared Leto is teasing his return as the Joker.

I see potential here. But, please! For the love of god! Take off these grills, rings and chains, and give this man a proper script! He could be amazing in the role.

I wish this tease was for "The Batman", but since the script is not done yet, I fear that we're gonna see more of Ayer's gangsta take on Joker...

tbh i don't think there was ever any chance of Joker not being in this movie. No matter how you look at it, Harley Quinn is not a completely independent entity from the Joker and never will be. She cannot exist without him.

What do u think the chances are of us a seeing a siren in The Batman? I think there's a good chance Harley or Catwoman will cameo.
BiGbAdBaTz

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Jan 19th, 2017, 10:26 pm

BiGbAdBaTz wrote:
BrunoBKMazing wrote:Not sure where that belongs, but it seems like Jared Leto is teasing his return as the Joker.

tbh i don't think there was ever any chance of Joker not being in this movie. No matter how you look at it, Harley Quinn is not a completely independent entity from the Joker and never will be. She cannot exist without him.

What do u think the chances are of us a seeing a siren in The Batman? I think there's a good chance Harley or Catwoman will cameo.

I think that all depends on which graphic novel "The Batman" is based on. Personally, for now, a movie based on "Hush", "Heart Of Hush" and something else (Arkham Origins would be a cool story to see on the big screen), is my ideal Batman movie (Matt Damon as Hush FTW!). If that's the case, Catwoman would be a major player in it. But for now, we don't know anything about the film (Sienna Miller even expressed interest in playing Catwoman, however, she also said that Selina was nowhere to be found in the script *sigh*).

As for Harley, well, considering that SS ended with Joker breaking HQ out of the prison, sooner or later, is going to addressed what happened after that. I say, either, the GCSirens film will pick up from that scene, or it will tie-in to "The Batman", so both Joker and Harley can be in it.

And, Poison Ivy, I personally, just don't see her showing up anywhere before GCSirens.
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Postby BiGbAdBaTz » Jan 20th, 2017, 1:57 am

BrunoBKMazing wrote:
BiGbAdBaTz wrote:

I think that all depends on which graphic novel "The Batman" is based on. Personally, for now, a movie based on "Hush", "Heart Of Hush" and something else (Arkham Origins would be a cool story to see on the big screen), is my ideal Batman movie (Matt Damon as Hush FTW!). If that's the case, Catwoman would be a major player in it. But for now, we don't know anything about the film (Sienna Miller even expressed interest in playing Catwoman, however, she also said that Selina was nowhere to be found in the script *sigh*).

As for Harley, well, considering that SS ended with Joker breaking HQ out of the prison, sooner or later, is going to addressed what happened after that. I say, either, the GCSirens film will pick up from that scene, or it will tie-in to "The Batman", so both Joker and Harley can be in it.

And, Poison Ivy, I personally, just don't see her showing up anywhere before GCSirens.

Yeah I think Joker and Harley escaping was a very deliberate cliffhanger/tease for another film...

I hope Selina gets a part in the Batman. And tbh I don't think Ben is "adapting" anything, rather than writing an original story with *maybe* elements from other storylines. I know we are all eager for Hush and the Red Hood, and I think at least Red Hood is coming, but maybe not now.
BiGbAdBaTz

Postby JordanT4021 » Jan 21st, 2017, 9:28 pm

well, thats me just lost all interest.

I have 0 faith in WB right now and I don't want to watch my favourite character (Poison Ivy) being butchered in live action yet again.
JordanT4021

PreviousNext

Return to DC Comics Movies