Nightwing - Standalone Film Confirmed

Batman VS Superman, Justice League & the rest of the DC Cinematic Universe slate is huge - discuss!

Nightwing - Standalone Film Confirmed

Postby JordanT4021 » Feb 23rd, 2017, 11:03 pm

Nightwing is coming to the DCEU with his own solo film, directed by Chris Mckay (director of The Lego Batman Movie). Bill Dubuque from WB's The Accountant will also be writing the script.

How do we feel about this? Are we excited? Who should play Dick in the big screen?

Personally I don't see how someone who's only ever been involved in animated projects is qualified to direct a live action feature film with a such a combat heavy character like Nightwing. Also, Batman and Flash are supposed to be released in 2018 yet they still don't have directors or scripts. Shouldn't they be the priority instead of these continuous spinoffs?
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Re: Nightwing - Standalone Film Confirmed

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Feb 24th, 2017, 12:43 am

In case you wanna add a source to your article. ;)

Well... I like the creative team behind it. I loved the "The Lego Batman Movie", and I really enjoyed "The Accountant". So, I see potential there.

However, I feel like WB is bitting more than they can chew. I mean, what the fu*k happened to their schedule?!
Every single month, they announce a new movie. I'd be fine with that, if there was some kind of plan behind all these films, but I fu*king doubt it.
I mean, look at this! Look at all the films that they just announced recently!
- Justice League Dark
- Man Of Steel 2
- Black Adam
- Suicide Squad 2
- Gotham City Sirens
- Deadshot
- The Batman
- Lobo (possibly)
And at the same time, a few of their scheduled movies are in progress.

It's almost like they booked some release dates, and simply just decided to set everything they have in motion, just to fill out these blank spots. No rhyme nor reason behind that. It's so nonsensical, that I just can't have big expectations.

Regardless, I'm not a big fan of Nightwing, but I hope this one is good. :)
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Favourite Villain: Killer Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby MaxSchreck » Feb 24th, 2017, 10:05 am

Not really excited for this. Jl and WW concern me at the moment... and even though a Nightwing film at some point would be cool, I have no idea who among his enemies would be best for it. Blockbuster maybe? To be honest, I never really liked any of his villains.

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Postby JordanT4021 » Feb 24th, 2017, 7:40 pm

BrunoBKMazing wrote:In case you wanna add a source to your article. ;)

Well... I like the creative team behind it. I loved the "The Lego Batman Movie", and I really enjoyed "The Accountant". So, I see potential there.

However, I feel like WB is bitting more than they can chew. I mean, what the fu*k happened to their schedule?!
Every single month, they announce a new movie. I'd be fine with that, if there was some kind of plan behind all these films, but I fu*king doubt it.
I mean, look at this! Look at all the films that they just announced recently!
- Justice League Dark
- Man Of Steel 2
- Black Adam
- Suicide Squad 2
- Gotham City Sirens
- Deadshot
- The Batman
- Lobo (possibly)
And at the same time, a few of their scheduled movies are in progress.

It's almost like they booked some release dates, and simply just decided to set everything they have in motion, just to fill out these blank spots. No rhyme nor reason behind that. It's so nonsensical, that I just can't have big expectations.

Regardless, I'm not a big fan of Nightwing, but I hope this one is good. :)

Thanks for linking it. I totally forgot. Wouldn't want anyone to think its... Fake News (DUN DUN DUN!!)

But I totally agree. I don't understand the constant spinoffs and reveals. You'd think they'd focus on the core Justice League characters before they started trying to establish other heroes, villains and everything in between.

I kind of hope the director drops out because he literally has no relevant experience, but then again, everyone has to start somewhere.
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Return to DC Comics Movies