Arkham Origins Exclusive Pre-Order Bonus Topic

Talk about Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate from WB Games Montreal, Splash Damage and Armature Studios.

Re: Arkham Origins Exclusive Pre-Order Bonus Topic

Postby Batwing » Oct 17th, 2013, 1:24 pm

Euan3112 wrote:http://forums.arkhamverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=20570

Is this the trailer you're referring to?

That is definitely it, thank you very much! I can't searched for that video for like 2 hours Sunday when I saw it :oldyella:
Batwing

Postby Wyrewho » Oct 17th, 2013, 7:15 pm

So there's no pre order bonus from Amazon.uk?
Wyrewho

Favourite Villain: The Riddler

Postby Andy » Oct 17th, 2013, 8:00 pm

Wyrewho wrote:So there's no pre order bonus from Amazon.uk?

Nope :/
Andy

Favourite Villain: SOCIETY
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby Sword Of Azrael » Oct 18th, 2013, 2:18 am

Andy3395 wrote:

Nope :/

... apart from the Deathstroke DLC :P

Thanks Bane!
Sword Of Azrael

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall

Postby Tsukumo » Oct 18th, 2013, 9:43 am

Try Tesco (UK): they are not very forthcoming on the content of their promotion but apparently you can get the Black Mask maps, plus Knightfall (Ps3 version), plus Deathstroke.
I would advise everyone who pre-ordered their Arkham Origins Ps3 version to check directly with their retailer (especially Tesco if that offer amounts to what I think) because I've been asking around, and many of them came back to me with very ambiguous replies. It's not clear whether Knightfall pack is present in EVERY Ps3 copy and I fear you can only get it through pre-ordering the collector's or the psn digital version.
Some retailers show the Ps3 cover with the Knightfall pack on it but they don't list it in the product description. I wouldn't be surprised if the Knightfall dlc will reveal itself to be paid content and not a widespread free offer on pre-orders.
Tsukumo
Tyger2
Tyger2

Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns

Postby Master Bruce » Oct 19th, 2013, 5:39 am

Easy way to find out if your local Gamestop is doing a midnight launch.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/even ... fault.aspx
Master Bruce

Favourite Villain: Ra's Al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Year One

Postby Nighttime » Oct 19th, 2013, 11:08 pm

I was curious if anyone knew - Do the Gamestop preorder bonuses apply to preordering the PC version as well as the PS3/360 versions? I didn't see any mention on Gamestop's website on platform, but I would consider preordering the PC version there if the Black Mask maps + online skins came with it.
Nighttime

Postby Calzones » Oct 20th, 2013, 9:11 am

Tsukumo wrote:

Try Tesco (UK): they are not very forthcoming on the content of their promotion but apparently you can get the Black Mask maps, plus Knightfall (Ps3 version), plus Deathstroke.
I would advise everyone who pre-ordered their Arkham Origins Ps3 version to check directly with their retailer (especially Tesco if that offer amounts to what I think) because I've been asking around, and many of them came back to me with very ambiguous replies. It's not clear whether Knightfall pack is present in EVERY Ps3 copy and I fear you can only get it through pre-ordering the collector's or the psn digital version.
Some retailers show the Ps3 cover with the Knightfall pack on it but they don't list it in the product description. I wouldn't be surprised if the Knightfall dlc will reveal itself to be paid content and not a widespread free offer on pre-orders.

I went for Tesco. The delivery date did say 25th or 26th when I ordered it, but I got a nice email from them reassuring me that it would be delivered on the 25th, and to "enjoy playing Batman Arkham Origins". Which was nice of them. :adam:

You're right in saying that all retailers are ambiguous with the Knightfall pack though, but I do believe it is present in any pre-ordered PS3 copy even if it isn't mentioned. Irrelevant for me though as I went for Xbox, as my real life friends all play on that for multiplayer. Sad trombone.
Calzones

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow

Postby Jalaguy » Oct 20th, 2013, 2:20 pm

Calzones wrote:
Tsukumo wrote:

I went for Tesco. The delivery date did say 25th or 26th when I ordered it, but I got a nice email from them reassuring me that it would be delivered on the 25th, and to "enjoy playing Batman Arkham Origins". Which was nice of them. :adam:

You're right in saying that all retailers are ambiguous with the Knightfall pack though, but I do believe it is present in any pre-ordered PS3 copy even if it isn't mentioned. Irrelevant for me though as I went for Xbox, as my real life friends all play on that for multiplayer. Sad trombone.

It's unclear how they're distributing the Knightfall pack - whether with a download code in new copies or just a download from PS Store - but I'm certain that it isn't available only from certain retailers. Some websites just never got round to updating their cover art image to the one with the Knightfall call-out.

If you look at the similar PS3-exclusive content that's been done for Ubisoft games like Assassin's Creed, the content was made available as a free PS Store download from the launch date.
Jalaguy

Postby Tsukumo » Oct 20th, 2013, 3:37 pm

Jalaguy wrote:It's unclear how they're distributing the Knightfall pack - whether with a download code in new copies or just a download from PS Store - but I'm certain that it isn't available only from certain retailers. Some websites just never got round to updating their cover art image to the one with the Knightfall call-out.

If you look at the similar PS3-exclusive content that's been done for Ubisoft games like Assassin's Creed, the content was made available as a free PS Store download from the launch date.

I see what you mean but my doubts rose up when I pre-ordered the game on Psn (I'm double dipping). On Us psn the game is listed as featuring the Deathstroke pack, the main game and a dynamic theme, while in EU psn there's no trace of Deathstroke and the download queue only lists the main game and the Knightfall pack. Now, what's the purpose of adding as pre-order bonus a pack that's supposed to be free for everyone who gets the game? If the pack is free, it also doesn't make sense to add a dlc code in the collector's edition.
Again, I won't put the names of the stores I personally checked, sending an e-mail to each store's support, but none of them replied to me with a clear answer. They all gave me different, diplomatic versions of "we have no idea ourselves". So my suspicion is that Knightfall is paid content and that the pack is only present in the Collector's and the psn pre-order bundle: the thing claimed by the sticker on the cover is that the Knightfall pack is only available on Ps3. It doesn't state anything else. Personally, whatever the case I won't be affected, but if people think about the move they pull with Deathstroke (reskinned-character who came at the cost of completely removing Robin from single player) and all the uproar about the season pass, it does make sense to check with whomever retailer you have chose.
Tsukumo
Tyger2
Tyger2

Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns

Postby GinraiPrime » Oct 21st, 2013, 10:43 am

I've been wondering about the Knightfall pack aswell. Most places, including the offical trailer from Sony are saying its exclusive but theres no mention of it being exclusive to any specific retailer otherwise I think we would've heard about it before now. I'd like to think it'll be a free code when you buy the game but even if it is content you'll have to get via the store to pay for it I don't think it'll be that bad. I think the more concerning thing will be if the whole Catwoman fiasco that occurred with Arkahm City causing problems will happen with the Deathstroke DLC. Unlikely but hopefully WB and WB Montreal are prepared this time around should something of that nature happen again.
GinraiPrime

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Sword of Azrael

Postby Jalaguy » Oct 21st, 2013, 7:46 pm

Tsukumo wrote:
Jalaguy wrote:It's unclear how they're distributing the Knightfall pack - whether with a download code in new copies or just a download from PS Store - but I'm certain that it isn't available only from certain retailers. Some websites just never got round to updating their cover art image to the one with the Knightfall call-out.

I see what you mean but my doubts rose up when I pre-ordered the game on Psn (I'm double dipping). On Us psn the game is listed as featuring the Deathstroke pack, the main game and a dynamic theme, while in EU psn there's no trace of Deathstroke and the download queue only lists the main game and the Knightfall pack. Now, what's the purpose of adding as pre-order bonus a pack that's supposed to be free for everyone who gets the game? If the pack is free, it also doesn't make sense to add a dlc code in the collector's edition.
Again, I won't put the names of the stores I personally checked, sending an e-mail to each store's support, but none of them replied to me with a clear answer. They all gave me different, diplomatic versions of "we have no idea ourselves". So my suspicion is that Knightfall is paid content and that the pack is only present in the Collector's and the psn pre-order bundle: the thing claimed by the sticker on the cover is that the Knightfall pack is only available on Ps3. It doesn't state anything else. Personally, whatever the case I won't be affected, but if people think about the move they pull with Deathstroke (reskinned-character who came at the cost of completely removing Robin from single player) and all the uproar about the season pass, it does make sense to check with whomever retailer you have chose.

I am pretty sure Sony/WB are so scumbag-y as to put call-outs on a game's packaging saying "EXCLUSIVE FEATURES" for something you have to buy separately.

I don't why it'd be any different to the Play as the Joker DLC for Asylum: PS3 exclusive content that is advertised on the package and available to download for free.

Compare these packaging call-outs:

They have almost exactly the same wording, and the AC Copernicus Conspiracy DLC was released free on PS Store the day of AC Brotherhood's release. There's no reason to think the Knightfall pack will be any different.

Yes, some web retailers aren't showing case art with the Knightfall call-out, but considering all websites started out with case art sans Knightfall, it's clearly a case of them not updating their product images rather than some secret, complicated unpublicised exclusivity deal.
Jalaguy

Postby GinraiPrime » Oct 21st, 2013, 10:26 pm

Jalaguy wrote:
Tsukumo wrote:

I am pretty sure Sony/WB are so scumbag-y as to put call-outs on a game's packaging saying "EXCLUSIVE FEATURES" for something you have to buy separately.

I don't why it'd be any different to the Play as the Joker DLC for Asylum: PS3 exclusive content that is advertised on the package and available to download for free.

Compare these packaging call-outs:

They have almost exactly the same wording, and the AC Copernicus Conspiracy DLC was released free on PS Store the day of AC Brotherhood's release. There's no reason to think the Knightfall pack will be any different.

Yes, some web retailers aren't showing case art with the Knightfall call-out, but considering all websites started out with case art sans Knightfall, it's clearly a case of them not updating their product images rather than some secret, complicated unpublicised exclusivity deal.

I think you're right. I messaged Shopto (thats where my copy is coming from) about the Knightfall pack and they confirmed to me that they don't have it with their copies, meaning its not a code that comes with the game so its more than likely gonna be something you'll download for free from the PSN come the day of release. If that turns out to be the case then I'm alright with that, I can't afford the collector's edition right now so hopefully this is what it turns out to be.
GinraiPrime

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Sword of Azrael

Postby kanzuki- » Oct 25th, 2013, 12:31 pm

Has anyone in the UK who pre-ordered from Tesco received their game yet? They did promise to deliver on the 25th, so I'm wondering if they've kept that promise, for some people at least.
kanzuki-

Postby renders » Mar 6th, 2014, 11:43 pm

There's something I need to know...if I don't preorder the game now and play the game let's say in 2015 for example...will I be able to play on pc Harley and her challenge maps?
renders

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Longest Halloween

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Origins & Blackgate Discussion