Batman Arkham Origins - Post All Media Reviews Here

Talk about Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate from WB Games Montreal, Splash Damage and Armature Studios.

Re: Batman Arkham Origins - Post All Media Reviews Here

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Oct 1st, 2017, 8:25 pm

Bane wrote:I just want to say that in hindsight of this all. Anyone who said Arkham Origins was a bad game was overreacting dramatically. I mean, I played Blackgate, and that thing was a f'ing bad game, I literally never want to see that thing again.

Like, even if you didn't enjoy the story, the game at it's worst is a 7/10. I personally loved it but the only thing that I would say ruined the game was the inclusion of multiplayer, it was cool for a time, but it's completely dead now, and the budget spent on it could have been put to improving the single player because instead of having more content in single player, we now have a dead multiplayer mode that will never be used ever again. Also, the electro shock gloves were lame, I don't understand why they thought we needed an easy mode, it totally ruins your immersion.

If those two aspects were gone, and the single player was just slightly enhanced, the game is easily a 10/10.

I really don't think this is bad game either. It is not. In fact, dare I say, storywise, it's probably the best Arkham game (aside from a few hiccups along the road). Though, my main problem with it, I would say is the gameplay (lots of bugs that broke my combos), the animation (the way some characters move their lips when talking looks really weird lol), and the atmosphere (very grey, depressive looking, doesn't make me feel like playing it again). But yeah, I would put it on par with Arkham Knight (both of them I only completed the story once).
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Favourite Villain: Killer Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby Mani-Man » Oct 2nd, 2017, 11:58 am

BrunoBKMazing wrote:
Bane wrote:I just want to say that in hindsight of this all. Anyone who said Arkham Origins was a bad game was overreacting dramatically. I mean, I played Blackgate, and that thing was a f'ing bad game, I literally never want to see that thing again.

Like, even if you didn't enjoy the story, the game at it's worst is a 7/10. I personally loved it but the only thing that I would say ruined the game was the inclusion of multiplayer, it was cool for a time, but it's completely dead now, and the budget spent on it could have been put to improving the single player because instead of having more content in single player, we now have a dead multiplayer mode that will never be used ever again. Also, the electro shock gloves were lame, I don't understand why they thought we needed an easy mode, it totally ruins your immersion.

If those two aspects were gone, and the single player was just slightly enhanced, the game is easily a 10/10.

I really don't think this is bad game either. It is not. In fact, dare I say, storywise, it's probably the best Arkham game (aside from a few hiccups along the road). Though, my main problem with it, I would say is the gameplay (lots of bugs that broke my combos), the animation (the way some characters move their lips when talking looks really weird lol), and the atmosphere (very grey, depressive looking, doesn't make me feel like playing it again). But yeah, I would put it on par with Arkham Knight (both of them I only completed the story once).

Yeah, but i do like the atmosphere...winter and gotham is my favorite setting.
But i agree that its a bit too colorless and grey.
Facial Animations in-game are really weird as hell sometimes, in the pre rendered cutscenes they work...but especially in the cold cold heart dlc you notice that the characters barely open their mouths fully to speak.

Storywise, except the joker thing...i love the story of Origins the most.

The game is far better than people made it out to be, its easily a good 8/10.
I guess people were mainly harsh on the game because its a bit like a spin off and not done by Rocksteady.
Mani-Man

Postby JordanT4021 » Oct 2nd, 2017, 8:42 pm

^true.

I've always thought Origins was a worthy addition to the series. The atmosphere and vibes were just right for a Joker origin story. It's a pretty dark game which is a good thing. I'd take Origins over Knight anyway of the week.
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Previous

Return to Arkham Origins & Blackgate Discussion