Why Arkham Origins Sucks Discussion

Talk about Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate from WB Games Montreal, Splash Damage and Armature Studios.

Why Arkham Origins Sucks Discussion

Postby Red Batman » Dec 5th, 2013, 4:36 am

EDITED BY ADMIN:
If you want to say how you liked Arkham Origins, please use this thread. We don't want to see it here. :alfred: -RR

This is a thread for haters of the game to converse. I'm putting that out so that no flame wars erupt from those who obviously liked the game.
Red Batman

Favourite Villain: Killer Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Hush

Re: Why Arkham Origins Sucks Discussion

Postby Mr_Weasel_ » Dec 5th, 2013, 4:57 am

Perhaps you should change the title of the thread. Because "Arkham Origins Sucks" sounds like an actual fact, when it is merely an opinion.
Mr_Weasel_

Favourite Villain: Hush, ManBat, Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush

Postby BuNKiTZ » Dec 5th, 2013, 6:37 am

Mr_Weasel_ wrote:Perhaps you should change the title of the thread. Because "Arkham Origins Sucks" sounds like an actual fact, when it is merely an opinion.

This. I also think it would be better if it was something more like a discussion on the bad things about Arkham Origins, cause there are plenty, which don't necessarily make the game as a whole, bad. I'd love to talk about all the things I dislike about Arkham Origins :P
BuNKiTZ

Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Postby Hobgoblin » Dec 5th, 2013, 4:29 pm

I don't understand why people feel the need to bash Origins when it does a lot of great things.

If you find it to be the weakest entry in the series, that's one thing. But to outright say it sucks is a bit much.
Hobgoblin

Favourite Villain: Firefly or Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby RdJokr » Dec 5th, 2013, 5:48 pm

Hobgoblin wrote:I don't understand why people feel the need to bash Origins when it does a lot of great things.

If you find it to be the weakest entry in the series, that's one thing. But to outright say it sucks is a bit much.

Rocksteady fanboys, man. Can't do anything about that.
That, and the fact that AO suffered from a glitchfest.
RdJokr

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns

Postby TheJester » Dec 5th, 2013, 8:39 pm

Sucks is a strong word. My only problem was that it was very similar to AC, but even then all of the new content and story made up for that.
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby HaHaHa » Dec 5th, 2013, 8:41 pm

I've had a lot of bad things to say about Arkham Origins. I can't remember exactly what they all were, but I know they were mostly unflattering. The other day I read someone saying on this board that they were expecting the game for Christmas, but now they wern't as excited for it because all of the negative things people were saying. I hope that person doesn't let other peoples opinions hinder their enjoyment when they eventually come to play it, and that they have a very Merry Christmas.
"don't you know I'm loco"
HaHaHa

Postby Red_Hood » Dec 5th, 2013, 11:43 pm

Oh I have a lot of things to say but I will share a couple. One is the combat. That was copy and pasted from Arkham City but for some reason it still doesn't feel the same. Sure there was new enemy types but the same annoying thing I keep running into is where someone would punch me far away. You can see is feet glitching because he would take one step but he is actually taking like four steps.
Spoiler: show
The Story was meh. I knew there was going to be stuff that they should've done but they didn't. Electricutionor. He would've been an amazing boss battle (if done right) but he ended up being a joke and to put in the shock gloves. Also, once again Joker steals the show which didn't surprise me. Black Mask is a cool character and would've been amazing but nope. Sure Troy Baker's Joker was fantastic and his dialogue made me laugh at times. I felt Bane was a much better character and he was kind of the main villain. Which fails for making the Joker "the main character" when Bane kind of steals the show from Joker.

"Say hi to Joker for me."
Red_Hood

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby massilimino » Dec 6th, 2013, 1:48 am

The game suffered from A) expectations following, perhaps, a nearly perfect comic book-based game and B) it was rushed into production without the original developer. I hope WB learned something from this. WB Montreal shoulders the blame for the game-breaking bugs (no excuses for those, not these days), but ultimately the company was victim of the aforementioned issues.
massilimino

Favourite Villain: Raj Al Guhl
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham Asylum

Postby Nardz7 » Dec 6th, 2013, 5:36 am

The game sucks. That's being generous. It embarrassed the entire series.
Nardz7

Favourite Graphic Novel: Killing joke

Postby Jexx » Dec 6th, 2013, 6:23 am

massilimino wrote:WB Montreal shoulders the blame for the game-breaking bugs (no excuses for those, not these days), but ultimately the company was victim of the aforementioned issues.

Actually these days games are buggier because they're more complicated and have to deal with larger variables, both amongst the individual mechanics of the game and the different platforms and hardware systems that the game has to be able to run on.

Logically, there's actually more excuses for bugs than ever before.
Want to try out a way to earn stuff for free? Click Here!
I'm a sellout
Jexx

Favourite Villain: Deathstroke/Deadshot

Postby ??? » Dec 6th, 2013, 7:30 am

Nardz7 wrote:The game sucks. That's being generous. It embarrassed the entire series.

I don't see how it embarrassed the entire series at all. It gave us a great storyline, amazing boss battles, and some new enemy types. I love fighting the martial artists. They're new and it feels so good to take one out when you do. On the subject of combat, what would you do different? Is there really anything to add? If I had ANY problem with the game, it would be that the Mad Hatter mission wasn't long enough again. That's it.

And that it's freaking impossible to find people online.......
Riddle me this, riddle me that...
???

Favourite Villain: Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: Killing Joke

Postby Batwing » Dec 6th, 2013, 5:18 pm

I sincerely believe this game has the best story of the three games. I main gripe with this Is the bugs and glitches, and the multiplayer. I'm still encountering freezing very often and the game refuses to load every time I try playing, causing me to restart and try again until it works.
Batwing

Postby HaHaHa » Dec 6th, 2013, 7:43 pm

Actually I will say that it sounds like Batman's punching a packet of crisps when he hits someone in Arkham Origins.
"don't you know I'm loco"
HaHaHa

Postby BenAffleck » Dec 6th, 2013, 9:48 pm

It didn't suck, but it was definitely the weakest entry. Weaker story, writing, voice acting, etc....
BenAffleck
Tyger1
Tyger1

Next

Return to Arkham Origins & Blackgate Discussion