Why Arkham Origins is the Best in the Series

Talk about Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate from WB Games Montreal, Splash Damage and Armature Studios.

Re: Why Arkham Origins is the Best in the Series

Postby HaHaHa » Sep 27th, 2016, 5:39 am

M. Malone wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:Interesting. Knight has a very grainy film look to it, so maybe that contributes toward the 1989 look? I like Gotham in Knight for it's diversity between the 3 islands, but for me personally it still leaves a lot to be desired. It still has that 'stuck on an island' mentality about it which none of the Arkham games has escaped. Even in Knight we're supposed to finally be in Gotham yet we're reminded we're separated from the mainland and the people of Gotham.

I hope WB Montreal get another shot at Gotham because I believe we finally might get a populated city and a Gotham more like in the comics.

You know what else I think it might be? I feel like I'm on the ground more in Knight than in Origins or City. I think this is because of the Batmobile. It sort of feels like the 1989 film because Batman spent a lot of time in or around the Batmobile in that film.

Also I know a lot of people have complained about the lack of verticality in Knight... like the buildings don't feel all that tall. I haven't felt that way, but then again I'm playing in 3D, which makes depth and height much more apparent.

Definitely looking forward for any more Batman stuff from WBM.

No doubt the buildings in Knight are tall in Arkham Knight. A lot of the time it is hard to appreciate the size because it's hard to get a sense of scale. I mean how impressive does the hotel and Gotham Globe on Miagani Island look in the evacuation scene in the beginning with cars and people to demonstrate how big everything really is.
"don't you know I'm loco"
HaHaHa

Postby M. Malone » Sep 27th, 2016, 1:46 pm

HaHaHa wrote:
M. Malone wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:Interesting. Knight has a very grainy film look to it, so maybe that contributes toward the 1989 look? I like Gotham in Knight for it's diversity between the 3 islands, but for me personally it still leaves a lot to be desired. It still has that 'stuck on an island' mentality about it which none of the Arkham games has escaped. Even in Knight we're supposed to finally be in Gotham yet we're reminded we're separated from the mainland and the people of Gotham.

I hope WB Montreal get another shot at Gotham because I believe we finally might get a populated city and a Gotham more like in the comics.

You know what else I think it might be? I feel like I'm on the ground more in Knight than in Origins or City. I think this is because of the Batmobile. It sort of feels like the 1989 film because Batman spent a lot of time in or around the Batmobile in that film.

Also I know a lot of people have complained about the lack of verticality in Knight... like the buildings don't feel all that tall. I haven't felt that way, but then again I'm playing in 3D, which makes depth and height much more apparent.

No doubt the buildings in Knight are tall in Arkham Knight. A lot of the time it is hard to appreciate the size because it's hard to get a sense of scale. I mean how impressive does the hotel and Gotham Globe on Miagani Island look in the evacuation scene in the beginning with cars and people to demonstrate how big everything really is.

True. I think part of the problem is actually because the city is so big.... When you are standing on rooftops, the panoramic view stretches for miles... It makes everything seem proportionally shorter. But when you start gliding in-between buildings, the height becomes more apparent. I really like the city in BAK, but I wish there was more continuity between the city backdrop surrounding BAC and the actual product in BAK.
10pm... I feel the rain coming down. My face feels wet, my mind the storm.
Flashing lights as people race to find shelter from the pour.
Moving silent, through the streets - They're Mine!.... They're mine...
M. Malone

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby HaHaHa » Oct 5th, 2016, 10:47 pm

M. Malone wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:
M. Malone wrote:

True. I think part of the problem is actually because the city is so big.... When you are standing on rooftops, the panoramic view stretches for miles... It makes everything seem proportionally shorter. But when you start gliding in-between buildings, the height becomes more apparent. I really like the city in BAK, but I wish there was more continuity between the city backdrop surrounding BAC and the actual product in BAK.

If you see the new Arkham VR gameplay, Gotham looks a lot more like I expected Gotham to look in Knight. Buildings are a lot more imposing and stately looking and has a much greater sense of depth.
"don't you know I'm loco"
HaHaHa

Postby BiGbAdBaTz » Oct 18th, 2016, 2:23 am

I've always said Origins had the best atmosphere in my opinion. I know everyone raves about Asylum, but something about Origins just gives it this personality none of the other games have achieved for me. The snowy rooftops, the MUSIC, the christmas lights, the crackling voices on the walkie-talkies.

I would love to see WBM get another crack at the Arkham games. Maybe an Origins sequel combining all the open worlds and then some.
*woman sobbing on the floor*
Batman: QUIET!
BiGbAdBaTz

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn

Previous

Return to Arkham Origins & Blackgate Discussion