UPD1 Interesting findings inside Arkham Origins' files

Talk about Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate from WB Games Montreal, Splash Damage and Armature Studios.

UPD1 Interesting findings inside Arkham Origins' files

Postby CapLagRobin » Jun 16th, 2015, 3:50 pm

(Attention - there might be spoilers. And if I posted in the wrong section / someone else found it already no one likes you timothy / not allowed to post stuff like this, tell me through PM and I'll try to do something about it)

Last update - 18.06.2015

I used Glidor's uModel on Arkham Origins, assuming I'll possibly find something hidden or something that didn't make into the final game. And I did.

#1 - Poison Ivy, Floronic Man, & Slaughter Swamp reference
Spoiler: show
Found in: Bank_A1_Static
In case you cannot read it:
"Botanists Woodrue & Isley
Discover Miracle Plant
In Slaughter Swamp"

Jason Woodrue, AKA Floronic Man is this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floronic_Man
And... this guy

Speaking of which...
"Isley" is obviously referring to Pamela Isley, because she's the only person in the whole world with that last name, but I digress. Well, you know who she is already anyways... :ivy:

Slaughter Swamp is the place where Grundy got his immortality, apparently.

The newspaper, it looks like, has yet not been found in the game. Either no one cared, or it's not there and that it never made into the game for some reason. Or I have memory issues and someone already found it.

So, there.

#2 A better look at the Batcave's Mystery Reflection
... & MOAR: http://imgur.com/cglPMZV,R5hh1Mo,NjUsEE ... CS,usH3Qba

Found in Bridge_A1 (It also can be found in the Batcave files)

People already found this in the game, the one with the trucks in particular, but hey, here's a better look.

If you ask me - it looks like a scrapped version of the Steel Mill exterior. And it reminds me of The Killing Joke for some reason.

#3 Harley DLC - look-alike reflections
Found in BatcaveHQ_A1_Ch1234567_Static

The thing about these is that I don't remember them being in the games. Could be that I'm dumb and they are in the games, or that they're scrapped versions.

#4 Weird debug pics
Found in BaneHQ_S1
Found in almost every file that contains a character

It's just that... What the... Wha?

And did anyone else notice "Ozzy" in the errors? So, there's a clue. The developer might be an Ozzy fan. Dun dun duun what a twist aaah.

There are probably more pics like this, might upload it later.

#5 Joker's Squirting Flower Cameo
Found in SleazyClub_S1_Static

Okay, that's a pretty neat cameo. :joker: You might not think the same, though, because it looks like no one cares about it or no one found it yet.

#6 Prometheus Cameo?
Found in RegentHotel_B1_Static

As you probably noticed - Prometheus is not in the game, but a dart named after him (Game_Camio(sic)_Prometheus_Poster_DART) is. It could be his dart, since I heard that he uses darts, but it could be a dart that holds the newspaper also called a "cameo" in the files.

#7 TYGER ship & "CAFE Juliea"
Found in RegentHotel

This is very far-fetched, since the TYGER ship is 90% a leftover texture, but I don't think they're that dumb to leave a continuity error like that, even if you can only see it by using flight cheats.

And the Cafe Juliea (sic) is... I don't know. I googled it, didn't find crap, except for some cafe on 1040 Richards St, Honolulu, HI 96813, United States, and it's spelled differently ("Julia", not Juliea), but it could be that "Juliea" is misspeled in the first place.

There are most certainly more out there, but the game is too huge to find them in one sitting (2373 files to check, man!).

I hope I've shown enough right now. Share your thoughts and tell if you found something yourself, I can add it in here.
Last edited by CapLagRobin on Jun 18th, 2015, 12:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of CapLagRobin, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God.
CapLagRobin

Favourite Graphic Novel: Never read one

Re: Strange & interesting findings inside Arkham Origins' fi

Postby M. Malone » Jun 17th, 2015, 9:11 pm

Cool findings man!
10pm... I feel the rain coming down. My face feels wet, my mind the storm.
Flashing lights as people race to find shelter from the pour.
Moving silent, through the streets - They're Mine!.... They're mine...
M. Malone

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby CapLagRobin » Jun 17th, 2015, 9:34 pm

M. Malone wrote:Cool findings man!

Thanks a lot!
I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of CapLagRobin, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God.
CapLagRobin

Postby HaHaHa » Jun 18th, 2015, 10:58 am

Very intriguing! Will definitely appreciate if you found more of them
"don't you know I'm loco"
HaHaHa

Postby CapLagRobin » Jun 18th, 2015, 12:03 pm

HaHaHa wrote:Very intriguing! Will definitely appreciate if you found more of them

I just updated the post, added 5 more pics, I hope you like it :)
CapLagRobin

Postby HaHaHa » Jun 18th, 2015, 1:10 pm

CapLagRobin wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:Very intriguing! Will definitely appreciate if you found more of them

I just updated the post, added 5 more pics, I hope you like it :)

It's really interesting to see what they created but didn't use for the final game. I wonder how different the game looked at earlier stages of development.
"don't you know I'm loco"
HaHaHa

Re: UPD1 Interesting findings inside Arkham Origins' files

Postby Harvey Bullock » Jun 19th, 2015, 11:18 am

Wow, that's so cool! I especially love the Poison Ivy reference. Feels rather 'BTAS-y'.

Thanks for posting these. :adam:
Harvey Bullock

Favourite Villain: Ra's al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: DC: The New Frontier

Re: UPD1 Interesting findings inside Arkham Origins' files

Postby CapLagRobin » Jun 19th, 2015, 11:18 am

Harvey Bullock wrote:Wow, that's so cool! I especially love the Poison Ivy reference. Feels rather 'BTAS-y'.

Thanks for posting these. :adam:

Thanks!
And no worries
CapLagRobin

Return to Arkham Origins & Blackgate Discussion