Martial artists glitched on PS3

Talk about Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate from WB Games Montreal, Splash Damage and Armature Studios.

Martial artists glitched on PS3

Postby Biggest Bane » Jul 2nd, 2015, 9:20 pm

Arkham Origins is notorious for being much less polished than Rocksteady's game, but there are aspects of the now two copies I've owned that I can't find proof of anywhere else.

Martial Artists are just broken. Sometimes when I counter a single counter they'll just fall over abruptly. If martial artists are present among standard enemies, there is usually at least one standard enemy that becomes this broken martial artist.

I haven't played the game in months so I don't remember the other few bizarre technical issues, but I could never find any video playthroughs of the PS3 version that has any of these gameplay crippling issues. I don't know why my 160 GB system runs the game this poorly. Has anyone else had combat breaking experiences like this?
Last edited by Biggest Bane on Jul 22nd, 2015, 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Biggest Bane

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Re: PS3 version totally screwed on my particular system.

Postby M. Malone » Jul 3rd, 2015, 11:50 pm

Origins is like the bizarro Arkham Knight... The PC version of Origins is the most stable, while the console version were terrible. With Knight it's just the opposite.

... Sorry, I know that wasn't helpful.. just an observation.
10pm... I feel the rain coming down. My face feels wet, my mind the storm.
Flashing lights as people race to find shelter from the pour.
Moving silent, through the streets - They're Mine!.... They're mine...
M. Malone

Re: PS3 version totally screwed on my particular system.

Postby Ebbtide » Jul 7th, 2015, 9:14 am

I had combat errors with the Xbox 360 version. Sometimes when I'd quickfire a Batarang the enemy targeted wouldn't be the ideal enemy. Instead, it'd go after an armored goon or a shielded goon, meaning my combo would end. I don't recall this problem happening in Arkham City, so it's weird that somehow the combat abilities or targeting were made worse.
Ebbtide

Favourite Villain: The Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Re: Martial artists glitched on PS3

Postby Biggest Bane » Jul 22nd, 2015, 3:24 pm

The freeflow gadget grenade that immobilizes multiple enemies is also bugged.
Biggest Bane

Postby Mani-Man » Aug 4th, 2015, 2:36 pm

I just saw this topic here.
I remember that before the last ps3 "patch" the martial artists worked fine for me...but ever since the patch has loaded, my favorite enemy type was glitched.

When i countered their attacks, you could do this one thing were you have to counter them 2-3 times...but now when i counter them the first time...they just stand still.
It stops my combo every time...it happens every time, it is really sad because they are my favorite enemy types.
Mani-Man

Postby Biggest Bane » Sep 12th, 2015, 4:53 pm

Mani-Man wrote:I just saw this topic here.
I remember that before the last ps3 "patch" the martial artists worked fine for me...but ever since the patch has loaded, my favorite enemy type was glitched.

When i countered their attacks, you could do this one thing were you have to counter them 2-3 times...but now when i counter them the first time...they just stand still.
It stops my combo every time...it happens every time, it is really sad because they are my favorite enemy types.

I've played it without any patches and it makes no difference.
Biggest Bane

Return to Arkham Origins & Blackgate Discussion