New Gotham Wall?

Talk about Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate from WB Games Montreal, Splash Damage and Armature Studios.

New Gotham Wall?

Postby CrazyQuilt » Aug 5th, 2015, 3:28 pm

I've been replaying Arkham Origins and I still can't figure out why there is just a huge walled off portion of north Gotham. Is it supposed to be a factory or an industrial yard of some kind? I originally thought that Blackgate was inside the wall but after a look at the map of Blackgate it's obvious that it's not within the city. Does anyone have a solid answer as to what the giant wall is meant to be? If so please explain it's been bothering me since my first playthrough... :I
CrazyQuilt

Favourite Villain: Two-face
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

Re: New Gotham Wall?

Postby dk09w1ngz » Aug 5th, 2015, 9:18 pm

CrazyQuilt wrote:I've been replaying Arkham Origins and I still can't figure out why there is just a huge walled off portion of north Gotham. Is it supposed to be a factory or an industrial yard of some kind? I originally thought that Blackgate was inside the wall but after a look at the map of Blackgate it's obvious that it's not within the city. Does anyone have a solid answer as to what the giant wall is meant to be? If so please explain it's been bothering me since my first playthrough... :I

First of all, that's South Gotham.

Second of all, I can't figure that out for the life of me either.
dk09w1ngz

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Man Who Laughs

Postby CrazyQuilt » Aug 5th, 2015, 11:47 pm

dk09w1ngz wrote:
CrazyQuilt wrote:I've been replaying Arkham Origins and I still can't figure out why there is just a huge walled off portion of north Gotham. Is it supposed to be a factory or an industrial yard of some kind? I originally thought that Blackgate was inside the wall but after a look at the map of Blackgate it's obvious that it's not within the city. Does anyone have a solid answer as to what the giant wall is meant to be? If so please explain it's been bothering me since my first playthrough... :I

First of all, that's South Gotham.

Second of all, I can't figure that out for the life of me either.

Maybe WBM ran out of time and couldn't finish that portion of the map.
CrazyQuilt

Favourite Villain: Two-face
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

Postby HaHaHa » Dec 1st, 2015, 10:23 am

Yeah it's something that's always bugged me. Enigmas hideout is situated in the side of it but it must have had more purpose than that. I suppose it was just easier to leave it than replace it.
"don't you know I'm loco"
HaHaHa

Postby Jason_G » Dec 5th, 2015, 7:45 am

Jason_G

Postby HaHaHa » Jan 5th, 2016, 8:25 pm

There's concept art for trident labs which could be what that area was.
"don't you know I'm loco"
HaHaHa

Postby gwoodsii » Jan 11th, 2016, 4:53 am

I bet it had purpose at one point in regards to the story. One of the assassins leaving a trap perhaps. Maybe an encounter with Deathstroke prior to the one on the ship.
gwoodsii

Favourite Villain: Ra's al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Return to Arkham Origins & Blackgate Discussion