am I the only one who wants a remake?

Talk about Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate from WB Games Montreal, Splash Damage and Armature Studios.

am I the only one who wants a remake?

Postby Valiantguardian » Jan 8th, 2017, 11:32 pm

any thoughts on a remake on this game?
Valiantguardian

Favourite Villain: Two Face

Re: am I the only one who wants a remake?

Postby M. Malone » Jan 9th, 2017, 3:09 pm

I don't know if you are the only one, but I personally don't have a need for it. I game on PC, but if I had a PS3 or something then yeah, I would totally want it for PS4 or XBone.
10pm... I feel the rain coming down. My face feels wet, my mind the storm.
Flashing lights as people race to find shelter from the pour.
Moving silent, through the streets - They're Mine!.... They're mine...
M. Malone

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby HaHaHa » Jan 10th, 2017, 6:14 pm

Seeing what Virtuos did with Asylum & City, Origins is the most in need of renovation, so I'd gladly welcome a remaster. Surfaces generally look flat and un-reflective in the original. The lighting upgrades with Unreal 4 would make the environments look a lot more animated.
"don't you know I'm loco"
HaHaHa

Postby legion » Jan 10th, 2017, 7:20 pm

Yes. This is absolutely essential.
Sanity is Overrated
legion

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow/Black Mask

Postby M. Malone » Jan 11th, 2017, 12:56 am

HaHaHa wrote:Seeing what Virtuos did with Asylum & City, Origins is the most in need of renovation, so I'd gladly welcome a remaster. Surfaces generally look flat and un-reflective in the original. The lighting upgrades with Unreal 4 would make the environments look a lot more animated.

Man, I don't know what version you are playing HaHaHa, but I have to vehemently disagree. Sparkles on the ice, footprints in the snow. Fog and interactive smoke, OMG the game is nearly on par with Arkham Knight (environment-wise). It's incredible to see a pristine snow-covered rooftop get absolutely trashed by the time a large fight is concluded. - And that's just the factory settings.

I've upped the texture quality on the GPU level and injected some custom shaders. I probably have around 4 hours worth of work simply modifying the original. Edges are razor sharp, textures pop. It's a fantastic looking game.
M. Malone

Postby gwoodsii » Jan 12th, 2017, 3:42 am

Nope I was very disappointed we didn't get all 3. Hoping that if they don't release another arkham title next year they remaster Origins to tide us over
gwoodsii

Favourite Villain: Ra's al Ghul

Postby HaHaHa » Jan 15th, 2017, 1:34 pm

M. Malone wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:Seeing what Virtuos did with Asylum & City, Origins is the most in need of renovation, so I'd gladly welcome a remaster. Surfaces generally look flat and un-reflective in the original. The lighting upgrades with Unreal 4 would make the environments look a lot more animated.

Man, I don't know what version you are playing HaHaHa, but I have to vehemently disagree. Sparkles on the ice, footprints in the snow. Fog and interactive smoke, OMG the game is nearly on par with Arkham Knight (environment-wise). It's incredible to see a pristine snow-covered rooftop get absolutely trashed by the time a large fight is concluded. - And that's just the factory settings.

I've upped the texture quality on the GPU level and injected some custom shaders. I probably have around 4 hours worth of work simply modifying the original. Edges are razor sharp, textures pop. It's a fantastic looking game.

Can you upload some screenshots or footage?
"don't you know I'm loco"
HaHaHa

Postby M. Malone » Jan 16th, 2017, 3:09 pm

HaHaHa wrote:
M. Malone wrote:

Can you upload some screenshots or footage?

Yep I can upload screenshots, although it's harder to see the difference when not comparing images side-by-side. I wasn't going to bother uploading screens because I already did for my "remake" of Arkham Asylum and have gotten zero response whatsoever. But I'll do so when I get the chance...
M. Malone

Return to Arkham Origins & Blackgate Discussion