Arkham Origins "Remastered"

Talk about Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate from WB Games Montreal, Splash Damage and Armature Studios.

Arkham Origins "Remastered"

Postby M. Malone » Jan 22nd, 2017, 2:04 am

Sorry for the click-bait title of this message ladies and gents, but someone else here asked me to post screenshots of Arkham Origins with my own personal modifications.

These are side-by-side comparison images of the original (on the left) with a heavily modified version (on the right). This was achieved on PC using shader and post-processing injectors called GEMFX and SweetFX. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Right-click on the image and select "View Image." Enjoy!

(Disclaimer: All screenshots were taken before I had any notion of creating side-by-side comparisons, therefore the exterior city-shots are not direct side-by-side comparisons. The difference is still noticeable.)

10pm... I feel the rain coming down. My face feels wet, my mind the storm.
Flashing lights as people race to find shelter from the pour.
Moving silent, through the streets - They're Mine!.... They're mine...
M. Malone

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Re: Arkham Origins "Remastered"

Postby Mani-Man » Jan 23rd, 2017, 12:34 pm

Looks pretty neat.
Visualy the overall Arkham games style is so great and works well with shadows and lightning.

Really like it.
Mani-Man

Postby HaHaHa » Jan 23rd, 2017, 5:27 pm

Thanks for uploading M.Malone. I really like the denser contrast between lighting. Fire for example looks vastly improved, and the difference in the darkness definitely gives environments greater depth. Hours well spent! I'd love to see the Royale and Final Offer interiors if you get the chance.

It sounds like WB Montreal could be adapting a similar art style for this rumoured Damian game which I'm excited to see especially with the advancements of UE4. Having their take on Gotham in full if it's anything like Origins would be a dream. I much prefer the weather filter with buildings looming into view as opposed to Rocksteady's Gotham where everything is in clear sight.
"don't you know I'm loco"
HaHaHa

Postby M. Malone » Jan 23rd, 2017, 6:38 pm

Thanks guys! It was a lot of fun seeing what I could manage to achieve appearance-wise. It's tough to finally reach a point where you feel that it is "just right" without going overboard.

@ HaHaHa: I have already been through the Final Offer and have some AMAZING screens - it's one of my favorite locations in the game. I didn't post those because I didn't have any original screenshots of that area to use for comparing. But I can certainly post them stand-alone.

The thing is, when I take a screenshot it's actually a stereo image that results in the same image rendered twice side-by-side. This is because I'm always playing in stereo 3D. I prefer to upload the stereo images because I don't have to fool with cropping out one side, plus I thought that others would think it was cool to see the screenshots in 3D. I may try that again, although in my previous post in the Arkham Asylum section, I got no response whatsoever. It's making me wonder if people who aren't used to playing in 3D don't understand what must be done to make it work.
10pm... I feel the rain coming down. My face feels wet, my mind the storm.
Flashing lights as people race to find shelter from the pour.
Moving silent, through the streets - They're Mine!.... They're mine...
M. Malone

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Return to Arkham Origins & Blackgate Discussion