New Users - Moderated Posts Explanation

New Users and Guests should check out this forum before registering.

Moderator Approvement Required

Postby natman2939 » Aug 22nd, 2013, 11:28 pm

I relatively new to this site, only been visiting a few months so I don't know if you guys had some serious spam problems in the past or something, but I really wish you would consider getting rid of this whole "your post must be approved" system.

As a veteran of many message boards, I can't stress enough how much it just KILLS the discussion. No one wants to post something and have to wait to see if it got approved the next day when they were simply asking a question or making a little comment.

If you check out a board like sherdog.net (i know it has nothing to do with batman but it's a great forum) you'll see how much lively the discussions are and that's because people can respond back and forth to each other and anyone can just jump in and say what they want to say instantly without having to wait hours or days for someone to approve their post.

Just earlier, there was something I really wanted to add to one of my guests posts (just a tiny little snippet) but I couldn't edit the post since it hadn't been posted thanks it requiring approval.

Anyway, just a thought. (I bet it would even improve traffic, if you're interested in that)
natman2939

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns

Re: New Users - Moderated Posts Explanation

Postby Zven » Oct 26th, 2013, 7:50 pm

Like the post natman wrote two months ago and no one answered, I'm a veteran forum user and this is the first time I've ever had this limitations, but I've also seen a lot of spam so I kinda understand desperate measures.

But how many posts do I need to start posting like a normal person?. Having to have your posts approved takes all the fun of being in a forum away and makes people not want to stay. I visit the site pretty much everyday and was looking forward to join the community but I get here and I can't do anything?.
Zven

Postby Red_Robin » Oct 30th, 2013, 12:58 pm

Zven wrote:Like the post natman wrote two months ago and no one answered, I'm a veteran forum user and this is the first time I've ever had this limitations, but I've also seen a lot of spam so I kinda understand desperate measures.

But how many posts do I need to start posting like a normal person?. Having to have your posts approved takes all the fun of being in a forum away and makes people not want to stay. I visit the site pretty much everyday and was looking forward to join the community but I get here and I can't do anything?.

I totally understand the frustration. It's a very small number of posts though. I'm sure that anyone who was here at the time we implemented the system will be happy to tell you how much better the site has been since.

Regardless, you won't have too many more posts to go to become a regular user.
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Postby Andy » Oct 30th, 2013, 6:33 pm

The site has improved vastly since this measure was introduced. I don't need to tell older members about the amount of spammers and trolls that used to frequent the site, especially around the release of Arkham City.
I haven't had one thing spoiled for me with the release of Arkham Origins, barring a few small spoilers from members who genuinely didn't think before they posted.
This is compared to Arkham City where I got in a few hours playthrough before spammers spoiled the ending.
Andy

Favourite Villain: SOCIETY
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby the b man » Jul 15th, 2014, 11:33 pm

I think the Arkham Knight is a clone of Bruce Wayne what do you all think?????/
the b man

Previous

Return to New Users and Guests