Page 3 of 4

Re: A Few Site Changes. For The Best.

PostPosted: Aug 12th, 2012, 9:59 pm
by The Scarred Side
I miss them too!!!!!

How long is this going to
Last? :)

Re: A Few Site Changes. For The Best.

PostPosted: Aug 12th, 2012, 10:47 pm
by CROD
I don't miss them. Hope it lasts forever. :oldyella:

Re: A Few Site Changes. For The Best.

PostPosted: Aug 12th, 2012, 11:34 pm
by Maultest
CROD wrote:I don't miss them. Hope it lasts forever. :oldyella:


It was taken down for a reason though. Maybe there could be a feature on one profile where they could choose to let people comment on there profiles ? Sorta like an off/on switch ? You guts know what I mean ? like people can choose to let people comment when the swicth is on. but when it is off no one can comment and it goes back to the way the profile creen looks now ? good idea ??

Re: A Few Site Changes. For The Best.

PostPosted: Aug 12th, 2012, 11:37 pm
by Elliott
In all honesty the profile comments were effectively public private messages, nothing has been lost that can't be recreated via other features

Re: A Few Site Changes. For The Best.

PostPosted: Aug 13th, 2012, 2:23 pm
by The Scarred Side
Elliott wrote:In all honesty the profile comments were effectively public private messages, nothing has been lost that can't be recreated via other features


but its a lot easier to just comment on someones new avatar with a comment then a private message saying...

"Hey you there. I like your avatar"

Re: A Few Site Changes. For The Best.

PostPosted: Aug 17th, 2012, 11:38 pm
by AbStar921
Bravo. These changes are for the better.

Re: A Few Site Changes. For The Best.

PostPosted: Aug 18th, 2012, 7:04 pm
by Bane
I leave the site for about a month and everything goes to hell, guess my presence is needed after all. Jk, but I hope everything returns to normal eventually, profile comments was a great feature that allowed users to interact more often without private messaging.

Re: A Few Site Changes. For The Best.

PostPosted: Sep 12th, 2012, 8:47 pm
by Ragamuffin
Hey, guys.
I've been here a few days now and made a few posts (a lot of which have yet to approved) and I was wondering if I'd be made a full user any time soon? :)

Re: A Few Site Changes. For The Best.

PostPosted: Sep 13th, 2012, 8:19 pm
by CROD
Ragamuffin wrote:Hey, guys.
I've been here a few days now and made a few posts (a lot of which have yet to approved) and I was wondering if I'd be made a full user any time soon? :)


No.

Re: A Few Site Changes. For The Best.

PostPosted: Sep 13th, 2012, 8:36 pm
by DarkFlux
You have to be approved now?

Was i approved?


Im old...

Re: A Few Site Changes. For The Best.

PostPosted: Sep 13th, 2012, 8:39 pm
by CROD
DarkFlux wrote:You have to be approved now?

Was i approved?


Im old...


Older members don't have to worry about this. Members who signed up after Luke made this thread need to have a certain amount of posts.

Rather confused?

PostPosted: Aug 22nd, 2013, 12:37 pm
by fallbrigade
Hello all, I recently registered to this board so that I could discuss and speculate with others on the sweetness that is the Arkham games. Every time I post though, I'm required to get a moderator's approval on my posts. What's up with that? It makes it ridiculously hard to actually take part in topic conversations when your stuff doesn't get approved right away. I've posted maybe about 5-10 times and only have two of my posts actually show up. I can't even PM a moderator about this because, apparently, I'm too new to use that function?

I've been on other forums for a little over a decade now, and have been a moderator myself on some, and these requirement seem a bit excessive if you ask me. I imagine this is all so that you don't get spammed with random members that don't want to participate with the community, but this really hurts the new people that do want to take part in the discussions. I also can't seem to find any rules about this in the guidelines, hence my topic title. I'm confused exactly how much longer it is until I can freely post like other members?

I also can't seem to actually use a signature in my posts... nothing shows up, and in my User CP, the BBCoding doesn't seem to work completely?

I'm guessing this is more or less all covered in a topic somewhere, but for the love of it, I can't seem to find that.

Re: Rather confused?

PostPosted: Aug 22nd, 2013, 12:43 pm
by Red_Robin
First: Welcome to the forums!

Yes, basically we went through a period of heavy advertising spam (600+ in a day at one point) and we also had a few instances of less mature members of the forum, who had been banned, creating new accounts with the sole intention of trolling. So we do have a 'new user' group which has worked well to discourage that type of behaviour.

Signatures, PM functions etc will be available to you once enough posts have been approved. Be aware, though, that Off-Topic posts don't count toward your post count.

Hope that helps. :alfred:

Re: Rather confused?

PostPosted: Aug 22nd, 2013, 12:48 pm
by twofacesleftside
I was pretty peed off too, I guess it's to stop people advertising stuff

Re: Rather confused?

PostPosted: Aug 22nd, 2013, 12:52 pm
by fallbrigade
Red_Robin wrote:First: Welcome to the forums!

Yes, basically we went through a period of heavy advertising spam (600+ in a day at one point) and we also had a few instances of less mature members of the forum, who had been banned, creating new accounts with the sole intention of trolling. So we do have a 'new user' group which has worked well to discourage that type of behaviour.

Signatures, PM functions etc will be available to you once enough posts have been approved. Be aware, though, that Off-Topic posts don't count toward your post count.

Hope that helps. :alfred:

Thank you for the greeting and reply! Much appreciated. Like I said, was confused as I couldn't find anything about this in a topic, but thanks again for the quick reply! I'll keep on posting then. :)