DC TV Universe Discussion [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

The place to discuss Arrow, The Flash, Constantine and Gotham, as well as future shows such as the upcoming Supergirl, Krypton and Titans

Re: DC TV Universe Discussion [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Postby ChaosThe15th » Dec 5th, 2014, 3:35 pm

I was flipping channels and landed on Arrow, Im not even kidding when I say Laurel was crying within the first 10 seconds of me watching.
ChaosThe15th

Favourite Villain: Mr. Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Damian_Wayne » Dec 5th, 2014, 3:59 pm

CHAOS15 wrote:I was flipping channels and landed on Arrow, Im not even kidding when I say Laurel was crying within the first 10 seconds of me watching.

I'm not surprised honestly XD
"I wasn't taught to fight fair. I was taught to win."
Damian_Wayne

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Reborn

Postby Harvey Bullock » Dec 7th, 2014, 10:09 pm

Stunning episode - so glad the show is back on form now:

Spoiler: show
That was 100% Grell Ollie there and it was brilliant :D
Harvey Bullock

Favourite Villain: Ra's al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: DC: The New Frontier

Postby Batwoman » Dec 8th, 2014, 12:26 am

I`ve just seen the preview for Arrow episode 9 . They showed a bit of Ra`s and Arrow`s duel , and I got hit by some very serious Batman vibes ( for obvious reasons ) . Well , the series´ developers mentioned that the duel would literally change the series forever , and my Batman vibes brought this image to my mind :

Will Oliver die ? If he does , then the second half of the season might begin several months or some years later , with Felicity as CEO of Palmer/Queen Consolidated , Starling City being called " Star City " , Arsenal as the new Arrow , Diggle being Diggle , Atom helping New Team Arrow , Thea as Chesire and Malcom with a new costume and Sara alive again and being Black Canary´s mentor .
Thanks TheCat for the signature and the avatar !
Formerly known as Red Robin 1999
Batwoman

Favourite Villain: Doc Hurt and Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The long Halloween

Postby The Oracle » Dec 8th, 2014, 12:29 am

RedRobin1999 wrote:I`ve just seen the preview for Arrow episode 9 . They showed a bit of Ra`s and Arrow`s duel , and I got hit by some very serious Batman vibes ( for obvious reasons ) . Well , the series´ developers mentioned that the duel would literally change the series forever , and my Batman vibes brought this image to my mind :

Will Oliver die ? If he does , then the second half of the season might begin several months or some years later , with Felicity as CEO of Palmer/Queen Consolidated , Starling City being called " Star City " , Arsenal as the new Arrow , Diggle being Diggle , Atom helping New Team Arrow , Thea as Chesire and Malcom with a new costume and Sara alive again and being Black Canary´s mentor .

I'm willing to bet about anything that is not happening.

But, from what I've heard, it does lead to three episodes where Oliver isn't the lead, Laurel is.
The Oracle

Favourite Graphic Novel: Batwoman: Elegy

Postby Batwoman » Dec 8th, 2014, 12:34 am

The Oracle wrote:
RedRobin1999 wrote:I`ve just seen the preview for Arrow episode 9 . They showed a bit of Ra`s and Arrow`s duel , and I got hit by some very serious Batman vibes ( for obvious reasons ) . Well , the series´ developers mentioned that the duel would literally change the series forever , and my Batman vibes brought this image to my mind :

I'm willing to bet about anything that is not happening.

But, from what I've heard, it does lead to three episodes where Oliver isn't the lead, Laurel is.

Well , maybe the future part is a bit silly , but I think that Oliver will be captured or killed by Ra`s . Maybe stranded in the Himalayas ?
Thanks TheCat for the signature and the avatar !
Formerly known as Red Robin 1999
Batwoman

Favourite Villain: Doc Hurt and Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The long Halloween

Postby Jabels » Dec 8th, 2014, 1:42 am

Ollie's gonna get Lazarus'd. Counting on it if the writers are ballsy enough.
Jabels

Favourite Villain: Lord Death Man

Postby Pieter » Dec 8th, 2014, 8:25 am

If they do the lazarus pit all bets are off ! :oldyella:
I died once. It was boring, so I stood up
Pieter

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

Postby The Oracle » Dec 8th, 2014, 5:29 pm

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/exclusive-mark-hamill-to-play-the-trickster-again-on-the-flash

"The Flash" is staging another homage to the '90s "Flash" series, bringing back Mark Hamill to reprise his role as James Jesse, aka Flash villain the Trickster.

The Trickster was the most memorable villain from the short-lived CBS "Flash" series, with Hamill taking the role so far in a Joker direction that he was unsurprisingly cast to voice the actual Joker through years of Batman and Justice League cartoons and video games.

The CW "Flash" already cast the CBS show's star, John Wesley Shipp, as father to Grant Gustin's Barry, but with Hamill — who will appear in the season's 17th episode, sometime in 2015 — the new show gets to have it both ways. Hamill will again play James Jesse, but with the twist of a new Trickster (presumably based on the one Geoff Johns introduced during his original run in "The Flash" comic) out there for Barry to stop. Per the character description:

"Mark Hamill returns in a brand new interpretation of James Jesse (aka The Trickster), a role he originated on the 90's 'Flash' series. In this new iteration, The Trickster is an anarchist terrorist con man serving a life sentence in Iron Heights who helps Barry (Grant Gustin) and Det. West (Jesse L. Martin) to foil the city-wide attacks of a wannabe Trickster eagerly following in the original's deadly footsteps. The episode will reunite him with John Wesley Shipp who went up against him as the original 'Flash' on the CBS version."

"Flash" executive producer Andrew Kreisberg said, "Having Mark reprise his role as The Trickster was on our original wish list when we were planning our version of The Flash. Christmas and Chanukah came early for us this year when he said yes! We are beyond humbled and excited to have him joining us for another round of deadly trickery!"

(This will also give "Star Wars" fandom a glimpse of what kind of shape Hamill's been in of late for the filming of "The Force Awakens.")

What does everybody else think? You excited to have Hamill back in this role?
The Oracle

Favourite Graphic Novel: Batwoman: Elegy

Postby Jabels » Dec 8th, 2014, 5:35 pm

NO FUCKING WAY

hype levels exceeding critical mass

god damn it Flash stop doing everything so right
Jabels

Favourite Villain: Lord Death Man

Postby Pieter » Dec 8th, 2014, 5:35 pm

This is amazing !!! Yes !!!
Pieter

Postby TheCat » Dec 8th, 2014, 5:37 pm

The Oracle wrote:I'm willing to bet about anything that is not happening.

-throws self head first off a cliff-
Nooo. Nooooooooo. Noooooooooooooo!
TheCat

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby TheJester » Dec 8th, 2014, 9:19 pm

The Oracle wrote:http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/exclusive-mark-hamill-to-play-the-trickster-again-on-the-flash
"The Flash" is staging another homage to the '90s "Flash" series, bringing back Mark Hamill to reprise his role as James Jesse, aka Flash villain the Trickster.

The Trickster was the most memorable villain from the short-lived CBS "Flash" series, with Hamill taking the role so far in a Joker direction that he was unsurprisingly cast to voice the actual Joker through years of Batman and Justice League cartoons and video games.

The CW "Flash" already cast the CBS show's star, John Wesley Shipp, as father to Grant Gustin's Barry, but with Hamill — who will appear in the season's 17th episode, sometime in 2015 — the new show gets to have it both ways. Hamill will again play James Jesse, but with the twist of a new Trickster (presumably based on the one Geoff Johns introduced during his original run in "The Flash" comic) out there for Barry to stop. Per the character description:

"Mark Hamill returns in a brand new interpretation of James Jesse (aka The Trickster), a role he originated on the 90's 'Flash' series. In this new iteration, The Trickster is an anarchist terrorist con man serving a life sentence in Iron Heights who helps Barry (Grant Gustin) and Det. West (Jesse L. Martin) to foil the city-wide attacks of a wannabe Trickster eagerly following in the original's deadly footsteps. The episode will reunite him with John Wesley Shipp who went up against him as the original 'Flash' on the CBS version."

"Flash" executive producer Andrew Kreisberg said, "Having Mark reprise his role as The Trickster was on our original wish list when we were planning our version of The Flash. Christmas and Chanukah came early for us this year when he said yes! We are beyond humbled and excited to have him joining us for another round of deadly trickery!"

(This will also give "Star Wars" fandom a glimpse of what kind of shape Hamill's been in of late for the filming of "The Force Awakens.")

*fangirls everywhere*

I'm so excited to see Hamill take on the role again, especially if they throw back hints to his original costume :oldyella:
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby BuNKiTZ » Dec 9th, 2014, 7:27 am

The Oracle wrote:http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/exclusive-mark-hamill-to-play-the-trickster-again-on-the-flash

Sweeet. I never knew he was in the old Flash TV series, and... huh. Come to think of it, the DCAU Trickster looks like Hamill's Trickster too. Cool! Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing him reprise his role. Though, it's a little weird that he'll be old and stuff, considering the fact that I'm used to a younger Axel due to the New 52.
BuNKiTZ

Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Postby Pieter » Dec 9th, 2014, 10:39 am

^ He is playing an older trickster and he is chasing a new one who is following his footsteps I bet it's Axel.
Pieter

PreviousNext

Return to DC Comics TV Shows