The Weekly 'Gotham' Discussion Topic

The place to discuss Arrow, The Flash, Constantine and Gotham, as well as future shows such as the upcoming Supergirl, Krypton and Titans

Re: The Weekly 'Gotham' Discussion Topic

Postby The Oracle » Feb 12th, 2016, 6:38 am

Azrael on set:
Spoiler: show

:oldyella: :oldyella: I'm crying
The Oracle

Favourite Graphic Novel: Batwoman: Elegy

Postby Red leader » Feb 12th, 2016, 8:22 am

The Oracle wrote:Azrael on set:

[spoiler] :oldyella: :oldyella: I'm crying

Wait is that the "big bad"....Galavant I think? He really is azrael? Thats the most fucking stupid thing ever. I take back what I said over and over again, I am okay with Azrael being hated by most people please stop using him hacks. Seriously its like bad writers only go for characters I like. Scarecrow, Tim, and Jean are in batman and robin eternal....which is mediocre and Tim, jean, and Scarecrow are in AK. If Jean shows up in Batman v Superman (cause why not, at this point just make the film about Bruce and Clark throwing a party for every dc character ever. I look forward to the Doiby cameo.......I hope someone got that reference) I would throw a chair... except they are bolted down so I guess I would throw someone off a building just like how comic book Jean died :cry:
Last edited by Red leader on Feb 13th, 2016, 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Bruce Wayne, arkham asylum ASHOSE.
Red leader

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham asylum ashose

Postby Harvey Bullock » Feb 12th, 2016, 6:16 pm

You could've spoiler-tagged that...
Harvey Bullock

Favourite Villain: Ra's al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: DC: The New Frontier

Postby pukipuki » Feb 12th, 2016, 6:43 pm

Red leader wrote:
The Oracle wrote:Azrael on set:

:oldyella: :oldyella: I'm crying

Wait is that the "big bad"....Galavant I think? He really is azrael? Thats the most fucking stupid thing ever. I take back what I said over and over again, I am okay with Azrael being hated by most people please stop using him hacks. Seriously its like bad writers only go for characters I like. Scarecrow, Tim, and Jean are in batman and robin eternal....which is mediocre and Tim, jean, and Scarecrow are in AK. If Jean shows up in Batman v Superman (cause why not, at this point just make the film about Bruce and Clark throwing a party for every dc character ever. I look forward to the Doiby cameo.......I hope someone got that reference) I would throw a chair... except they are bolted down so I guess I would throw someone off a building just like how comic book Jean died :cry:

Galavant would have been better than Galavan. Turn this into a musical comedy.
Last edited by pukipuki on Feb 13th, 2016, 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm Batman"- Batman
pukipuki

Favourite Villain: TWO-FACE
Favourite Graphic Novel: The long hallowing

Postby Red leader » Feb 13th, 2016, 8:02 am

Harvey Bullock wrote:You could've spoiler-tagged that...

oops sorry Ewan I thought I had. :oops:
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Red leader

Postby Harvey Bullock » Feb 16th, 2016, 8:49 pm

I got to episode 6 of season 2 today...

LITERALLY WHAT THE POW ARE THESE WRITERS SMOKING THIS IS HORSESHIT. BARELY ANY HARV', CARTOONY BEYOND FARCE, AND WE HAVE TO PUT UP WITH BUTCH MALLET? BUTCH. WITH A MALLET. REALLY?

POW's sake, Gotham. :cry:
Harvey Bullock

Postby pukipuki » Feb 17th, 2016, 6:16 am

Harvey Bullock wrote:I got to episode 6 of season 2 today...

LITERALLY WHAT THE POW ARE THESE WRITERS SMOKING THIS IS HORSESHIT. BARELY ANY HARV', CARTOONY BEYOND FARCE, AND WE HAVE TO PUT UP WITH BUTCH MALLET? BUTCH. WITH A MALLET. REALLY?

IKR

They at least could have made it cartoonishly big for laughs and giggles, eh? But its just annoying and unnecessary. Still funny, but unnecessary.

-- Mar 4th, 2016, 1:31 am --

Harvey Bullock wrote:I got to episode 6 of season 2 today...

IKR

They at least could have made it cartoonishly big for laughs and giggles, eh? But its just annoying and unnecessary. Still funny, but unnecessary.

-- Mar 4th, 2016, 1:31 am --

Does no one care about this show anymore? I know I don't, but my bro loves anything Batman related. So he loves gotham. Its latest episode made me cringe so much.

The younger version of freeze is a cool take on the character on the character but cool for Batman to fight, NOT GORDON! HE IS NOT THAT BADASS! Gotham is like an alternate universe where every villain was born and taken out before Batman is born. So hes just confused as of why he even took all that training only to fight street thugs.
"I'm Batman"- Batman
pukipuki

Favourite Villain: TWO-FACE
Favourite Graphic Novel: The long hallowing

Postby Arkham_Knight23 » Mar 9th, 2016, 8:52 am

For crying out loud Gotham! Get his name right!
I'm the original Arkham Knight lol
Arkham_Knight23

Favourite Villain: riddler

Postby Dick » Mar 9th, 2016, 2:59 pm

This show is a train wreck now and I fucking love it
Dick

Favourite Graphic Novel: Under The Hood

Postby Red leader » Mar 15th, 2016, 1:45 am

Arkham_Knight23 wrote:For crying out loud Gotham! Get his name right!

Who's name?
Red leader

Postby Remote Claw » Mar 15th, 2016, 1:49 am

Red leader wrote:
Arkham_Knight23 wrote:For crying out loud Gotham! Get his name right!

Who's name?

Victor Fries.

They're pronouncing it like Fr-ice.
Remote Claw

Favourite Villain: The Joker

Postby Harvey Bullock » Mar 27th, 2016, 10:25 am

I watched the mid-season finale last week and it was actually fantastic! If only every episode of Gotham was this good...
Harvey Bullock

Postby Arkham_Knight23 » Mar 29th, 2016, 9:34 pm

Grace being upset about her husband accidentally drinking the poisoned alcohol made no sense to me. She sell got what she wanted, Penguin won't very anything.
I'm the original Arkham Knight lol
Arkham_Knight23

Favourite Villain: riddler

Postby MaxSchreck » Mar 29th, 2016, 11:22 pm

Damn, its been such a long time since I wasted time watching an episode of this show.

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Postby The Oracle » May 14th, 2016, 9:30 pm

Well...time to catch up.
14:
-Penguin just got beat up by a guy demanding to know what flavour his ice cream was. Oh Gotham, baby, I've missed you.
-Of course, gotta have cats meowing when you first see Selina. GET IT?!?! GET IT? THE ONE CALLED CAT IS CATWOMAN!!!
-This is a big step back from where I last saw Baccarin in (Deadpool)
-Ice cream test? Criminal called Mr. Cupcake? …was whoever wrote this episode really wanting dessert?

15:
-Holy POW, TIGRESS CAN TALK?!
-I was too dumbfounded from this fact to think of anything "clever" to say for the rest of the episode. But, be rest assured, it sucked. Also BARBARA'S BACK :D

16:
-THEY LOST THE BABY?!?! COME ON! I WANTED HEAVY-HANDED BARBARA FORESHADOWING!
-This Arkham inmate's taking hair styling tips from Cumberbatch's Sherlock
-Wait, he's sleep walking…did he sleep lighting a candle too?
-Am I supposed to know what the hell the rest of PeeWee Herman's family is doing? Since I don't. Why are they doing this with Penguin?
-Such an awkward "seduction" scene…
-Ah, Senator Garrison…what are you doing here? Get back to Person of Interest, go, go.
-I…I'm so confused on this Penguin stuff. I don't know who these characters are, what their motivations are, did I miss an episode here?
-I shouldn't be shocked by Gordon, you are one dense excuse for a detective. "Everyone in the main hall, lights off, be ready." "FOR WHAT?!???" HOW FUCKING STUPID ARE YOU? YOU'RE A COP IN PRISON, WHAT THE POW DO YOU THINK?
-DON'T YOU FUCKING TEASE ME, GOTHAM, I KNOW YOU DIDN'T KILL GORDON. I wish you did…
-And there goes PeeWee Herman. This was as useless a subplot as Dollmaker last season. I'm really not even sure what they're going for here.
-My god this episode is just here to kill people Jim cares about (unborn baby, prison buddy) so he's sad enough to do stuff.

17:
-Oh right, Bullock was engaged earlier this season. Forgot that was a thing. So did the writers up until now.
-Glad they had the not cliché and dull motivation of "NOW WE HAVE HIS HOUSE [and presumably money]"
-This "Penguin is now a nice person because Hugo Strange" plot is fucking stupid. Shocker.
-Barbara <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Oh I've missed your stilted, awkward deliveries
-hahahahaha I forgot this prison put her in a skirt. In addition, everyone else has collars up to their necks, but she has kinda almost sorta maybe cleavage? ...why?
-*someone speaking in modulated robot voice*
Harvey: "Recognize that voice?"
Gordon: "Sounds like it's been disguised."
WOW. GREAT DETECTIVE WORK.
-So, Penguin is Penguin, Riddler is Riddler, Mr. Freeze is Mr. Freeze, Catwoman is…Catgirl, why doesn't Gordon just put on a batsuit at this point?
-This soundtrack is just awful. Garish, jarring and rarely matches the scene.
-I love you, Hugo, for setting Barbara lose
-Riddler, what are you worried about? Jim won't find the body, he's dumber than a sack of bricks.
-…Penguin just cooked and fed a woman her own children? …………..PICK A TONE
-So Penguin's back to normal and this whole parents thing was pointless. Shocker.
-NEXT ONE'S A BARBARA EPISODE THIS IS GOING TO BE AWFUL AND AMAZING ^_^

-- May 14th, 2016, 12:30 pm --

Well...time to catch up.
14:
-Penguin just got beat up by a guy demanding to know what flavour his ice cream was. Oh Gotham, baby, I've missed you.
-Of course, gotta have cats meowing when you first see Selina. GET IT?!?! GET IT? THE ONE CALLED CAT IS CATWOMAN!!!
-This is a big step back from where I last saw Baccarin in (Deadpool)
-Ice cream test? Criminal called Mr. Cupcake? …was whoever wrote this episode really wanting dessert?

15:
-Holy POW, TIGRESS CAN TALK?!
-I was too dumbfounded from this fact to think of anything "clever" to say for the rest of the episode. But, be rest assured, it sucked. Also BARBARA'S BACK :D

16:
-THEY LOST THE BABY?!?! COME ON! I WANTED HEAVY-HANDED BARBARA FORESHADOWING!
-This Arkham inmate's taking hair styling tips from Cumberbatch's Sherlock
-Wait, he's sleep walking…did he sleep lighting a candle too?
-Am I supposed to know what the hell the rest of PeeWee Herman's family is doing? Since I don't. Why are they doing this with Penguin?
-Such an awkward "seduction" scene…
-Ah, Senator Garrison…what are you doing here? Get back to Person of Interest, go, go.
-I…I'm so confused on this Penguin stuff. I don't know who these characters are, what their motivations are, did I miss an episode here?
-I shouldn't be shocked by Gordon, you are one dense excuse for a detective. "Everyone in the main hall, lights off, be ready." "FOR WHAT?!???" HOW FUCKING STUPID ARE YOU? YOU'RE A COP IN PRISON, WHAT THE POW DO YOU THINK?
-DON'T YOU FUCKING TEASE ME, GOTHAM, I KNOW YOU DIDN'T KILL GORDON. I wish you did…
-And there goes PeeWee Herman. This was as useless a subplot as Dollmaker last season. I'm really not even sure what they're going for here.
-My god this episode is just here to kill people Jim cares about (unborn baby, prison buddy) so he's sad enough to do stuff.

17:
-Oh right, Bullock was engaged earlier this season. Forgot that was a thing. So did the writers up until now.
-Glad they had the not cliché and dull motivation of "NOW WE HAVE HIS HOUSE [and presumably money]"
-This "Penguin is now a nice person because Hugo Strange" plot is fucking stupid. Shocker.
-Barbara <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Oh I've missed your stilted, awkward deliveries
-hahahahaha I forgot this prison put her in a skirt. In addition, everyone else has collars up to their necks, but she has kinda almost sorta maybe cleavage? ...why?
-*someone speaking in modulated robot voice*
Harvey: "Recognize that voice?"
Gordon: "Sounds like it's been disguised."
WOW. GREAT DETECTIVE WORK.
-So, Penguin is Penguin, Riddler is Riddler, Mr. Freeze is Mr. Freeze, Catwoman is…Catgirl, why doesn't Gordon just put on a batsuit at this point?
-This soundtrack is just awful. Garish, jarring and rarely matches the scene.
-I love you, Hugo, for setting Barbara lose
-Riddler, what are you worried about? Jim won't find the body, he's dumber than a sack of bricks.
-…Penguin just cooked and fed a woman her own children? …………..PICK A TONE
-So Penguin's back to normal and this whole parents thing was pointless. Shocker.
-NEXT ONE'S A BARBARA EPISODE THIS IS GOING TO BE AWFUL AND AMAZING ^_^

-- May 14th, 2016, 12:30 pm --

18:
-"Frankly, I don't care" Hey! No stealing my criticisms!
-So Jim is no longer a cop because reasons…and Jim has a drawer of weapons…
-So Jim is now doing Batman interrogations. ….are….are we sure he's not going to be Batman and this Bruce Wayne thing is misdirection?
-God damn I want BD Wong Hugo in something actually good
-Whoa Barbara's really evil what a….twist?
-And now she's not
-But she totally will be later anyway so what does any of this matter?
-Ummmm do tape players even work at below freezing temperatures?
-How does this Mr. Freeze suit work if his head is exposed?
-Did they drive in a big circle? This is the exact place they stole the truck from, just at night. YOU CAN EVEN SEE THE SAME GRAFITTI!
-Ohhhhhhh I forgot Tigress/Barbara. They just had another scene together, but of course they never spoke to each other. Will they ever? …I really hope not, I'm enjoying how stupid this is
-"The photo lists team nicknames" *ONLY ONE NICKNAME BECAUSE IT'S PLOT RELEVANT*
-*Bruce finds out a friend of his dad's put out the hit on him* "IT WAS ONE OF HIS FRIENDS? THAT'S NOT FAIR! THAT'S NOT RIGHT!" ……….
-Hugo Strange can raise the dead and can cure Penguin and maybe Barbara. Gordon can't figure out what a cop should be worried about in prison when the lights are off and he's surrounded by everyone. …who am I supposed to be rooting for here?

19:
-I can see the outline where they glue on Hugo's beard
-Wow Gordon. You're a fucking idiot. You don't then tell the villain you know they're the villain, that paints a bigger target on your back. Jesus Christ, how stupid are you?
-Watching Riddler pretend he's talking to a ghost that's hitting him is…weird
-"How do I keep falling for your games?" Good question.
-Good work, cops, lead the kid into the active firefight with the crazy knight
-WHY IS BRUCE EVEN IN HERE?
-"What is he even doing here?" Good question. IT'S YOUR OFFICE.
-So why does dying and being brought back to life give Azrael the ability to be a badass?
-Barbara, Tigress and Butch lounging around watching TV. This is one weird sitcom.
-HOLY POW TIGRESS AND BARBARA CAN SPEAK TO EACH OTHER
-I'm kinda hurt they've killed one of my favourite running things here :(
-I swear they got Bruce's wardrobe from Michael Keaton's shrunken 89/Returns costumes

20:
-Aaaaaaaand suddenly Bullock is the replacement Captain because….why?
-Where'd Montoya and Allen go, anyway? Why were they even in this show?
-Alfred calling Gordon "Jimmy Gordon" amuses me
-Good to know Selina is struggling to eat but has enough spare money for hair dye
-Ah yes, shoot Azrael, that did so much the last time
-Oh. My. God. So they gave Tigress and Barbara one line of dialogue each to the other because they were going to kill Tigress <3 <3 <3 <3 I love how stupid you are, Gotham.
-No. No no no no. No. No no. No. Stop it. Bad. Don't you dare fucking let her live, you almost made up for ruining that running gag by killing her.
-NO BRUCE. DON'T GET OUT OF THE CAR BECAUSE YOU DON'T SEE THE SWORD-WEILDING MANIAC, THAT IS A REASON TO STAY IN THE DAMN CAR!
-Wow, shocker, getting out of the car was a bad idea.
-Wait, why is he getting shot and dying now? He was fucking bulletproof earlier!
-Okay he's alive still, it seems, but nonetheless, it didn't even affect him before.
-…what the hell was that music they were playing when they showed up with a bazooka?
-How on earth did Hugo Strange know that Selina would find out her friend was in Arkahm being experimented on, break in, find her, try to rescue her, at this exact time and day?
The Oracle

Favourite Graphic Novel: Batwoman: Elegy

PreviousNext

Return to DC Comics TV Shows