The Flash Discussion Thread (season 3) [spoilers welcome]

The place to discuss Arrow, The Flash, Constantine and Gotham, as well as future shows such as the upcoming Supergirl, Krypton and Titans

Re: The Flash Discussion Thread (season 3) [spoilers welcome

Postby Arkham_Knight23 » Jul 26th, 2016, 11:47 pm

SDCC Flash season 3 trailer!

What do you guys think about Flashpoint being a 3 episode arc?
I'm the original Arkham Knight lol
Arkham_Knight23

Favourite Villain: riddler

Re: The Flash Discussion Thread (season 2) [spoilers welcome

Postby JordanT4021 » Oct 5th, 2016, 1:21 pm

Spoiler: show
Flashpoint didn't last a single episode :I they barely scratched the surface of what a true flashpoint story should be. Not a bad episode but seriously underwhelming. I expected a lot more.

EDIT: Thinking this through, I'm super disappointed. A storyline that could have spanned a whole season was over in a single episode that is extremely clumsy with plot holes. Barry shouldn't have his powers yet miraculously he does, and the only things changed are Cisco being rich, Joe being lazy and Wally being Flash. Barry's choice to go back is simply because Wally's regenerative powers aren't working. The whole thing was just another go at a Barry/Iris subplot. It was a shell of what it should be. I'd give it a 6/10.
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Postby BuNKiTZ » Oct 9th, 2016, 7:00 am

Season premiere was okay. Iris was likable for a whole three minutes, maybe. The Rival is lame, to nobody's surprise. His suit looks awful and he just doesn't seem interesting at all.

They undid "Flashpoint" in an episode and now just have one change... That's, uhh, I don't know. Feels weird? Kinda dumb, I guess. And said one change is of a character I'd like to be rid of, so I guess it's good but then that means they'll focus on her more, so that's bad... Shame.

Don't have much hopes for this season, sadly.
BuNKiTZ

Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Postby JordanT4021 » Oct 9th, 2016, 2:46 pm

Lets just remember that season 3 was when Arrow began its downhill decent. I'm starting to think Flash might follow that path too.
JordanT4021

Postby Arkham_Knight23 » Oct 12th, 2016, 8:05 am

Ok, so quick question.

Since Diggle has a son now. Are they in the timeline where Diggle junior becomes Green Arrow in 20 years?
Arkham_Knight23

Postby BuNKiTZ » Oct 16th, 2016, 10:19 am

Arkham_Knight23 wrote:Ok, so quick question.

Since Diggle has a son now. Are they in the timeline where Diggle junior becomes Green Arrow in 20 years?

I think so?

You're referring to the African-American Green Arrow in Legends of Tomorrow, right? I don't watch that nor Arrow, but I recall seeing some posts saying that that Green Arrow now exists in the current timeline or something.

---

Enjoyed episode 2 quite a lot. Getting more hopeful for the season. Also really enjoying the "Barry fucking up the timeline" memes. :oldyella:

Yeah, I guess it could be considered cliche or predictable that by the end of the episode, the team's in good relationships with each other again, but I was sick of the broody, pessimistic vibe they were having. We had way too much of that in the past two seasons already, so I'm glad to see things are looking brighter for the team.

I especially loved seeing Cisco rescue Barry like that. He looked cool in his incomplete suit, and I would honestly prefer if he just kept it that way. Of course, it would be impractical cause his coat jacket's not really going to protect him much.

In the last episode, my brother assumed it was Mirror Master who was communicating with Clarris, and I freaked out when he pointed it out. I thought of Dr. Alchemy, though, but wasn't familiar enough with the villain to know anything aside from his name. Literally. I didn't even know he was a Flash villain or whatever. I literally just knew the name. Anyway, so it turns out I was right. Dr. Alchemy it is. Pretty obvious, but I'm sure he'll give Wally powers. Another prediction of mine, however, is that he'll give Tom Felton's character powers too. I also really like that it seems like he might be the big bad, and not another speedster, in the form of The Rival this season. Then again... I think I read somewhere before that we were going to get Savitar? Ehh, whatever. We'll see.

I wonder what's the deal with Caitlin, though. Did she only recently get her powers? Did Alchemy secretly make contact with her? I just hope she doesn't become a villain. She probably won't. Maybe.
BuNKiTZ

Postby Arkham_Knight23 » Oct 16th, 2016, 3:40 pm

BuNKiTZ wrote:
Arkham_Knight23 wrote:Ok, so quick question.

I think so?

You're referring to the African-American Green Arrow in Legends of Tomorrow, right? I don't watch that nor Arrow, but I recall seeing some posts saying that that Green Arrow now exists in the current timeline or something.

---

Enjoyed episode 2 quite a lot. Getting more hopeful for the season. Also really enjoying the "Barry fucking up the timeline" memes. :oldyella:

Yeah, I guess it could be considered cliche or predictable that by the end of the episode, the team's in good relationships with each other again, but I was sick of the broody, pessimistic vibe they were having. We had way too much of that in the past two seasons already, so I'm glad to see things are looking brighter for the team.

I especially loved seeing Cisco rescue Barry like that. He looked cool in his incomplete suit, and I would honestly prefer if he just kept it that way. Of course, it would be impractical cause his coat jacket's not really going to protect him much.

In the last episode, my brother assumed it was Mirror Master who was communicating with Clarris, and I freaked out when he pointed it out. I thought of Dr. Alchemy, though, but wasn't familiar enough with the villain to know anything aside from his name. Literally. I didn't even know he was a Flash villain or whatever. I literally just knew the name. Anyway, so it turns out I was right. Dr. Alchemy it is. Pretty obvious, but I'm sure he'll give Wally powers. Another prediction of mine, however, is that he'll give Tom Felton's character powers too. I also really like that it seems like he might be the big bad, and not another speedster, in the form of The Rival this season. Then again... I think I read somewhere before that we were going to get Savitar? Ehh, whatever. We'll see.

I wonder what's the deal with Caitlin, though. Did she only recently get her powers? Did Alchemy secretly make contact with her? I just hope she doesn't become a villain. She probably won't. Maybe.

Yes, I was talking about the GA from LoT. My prediction is that Tom Felton is Dr. Alchemy.
Arkham_Knight23

Postby Shadow of the Bat » Oct 26th, 2016, 4:20 am

Ep. 4
This episode was so cringy and kinda dumb.
Oh we got relationship problems, oh we casually got a backwards speaker, oh my butt looks big, oh a British Harrison, oh jokey-jokety-joke-derp
Shadow of the Bat

Favourite Villain: Owlman, Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman Gotica

Postby Mani-Man » Oct 26th, 2016, 12:28 pm

Shadow of the Bat wrote:Ep. 4
Oh we got relationship problems, oh we casually got a backwards speaker, oh my butt looks big, oh a British Harrison, oh jokey-jokety-joke-derp

Eh, i kind of liked it.
It was a bit of a lighter tone...that worked for me.
Some of it was really a bit much, but isnt that more in tone with the comic flash?
Im really liking Barry/iris at the moment...far more then i ever liked Oliver/felicity.
Hopefully this show doesnt do the same mistakes.
Mani-Man

Postby Arkham_Knight23 » Oct 26th, 2016, 5:18 pm

Mani-Man wrote:

Eh, i kind of liked it.
Some of it was really a bit much, but isnt that more in tone with the comic flash?
Im really liking Barry/iris at the moment...far more then i ever liked Oliver/felicity.

I'm with you I thought it was pretty good
Arkham_Knight23

Postby Shadow of the Bat » Oct 26th, 2016, 8:27 pm

Mani-Man wrote:

Eh, i kind of liked it.

O, absolutely, this show is way better, and dont get me wrong i liked the episode, i just thought it was cringy and some parts were kinda dumb.
Dat ending, Barry really f*cked up Caitlin's timeline, or maybe not...
Shadow of the Bat

Favourite Villain: Owlman, Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman Gotica

Postby Arkham_Knight23 » Nov 16th, 2016, 7:55 am

The voice of Dr. Alchemy kinda sounds like Tobin Bell's Saw voice lol

Holy crap!! Savitar looks epic!
Arkham_Knight23

Postby JordanT4021 » Nov 16th, 2016, 10:14 pm

What a waste of a villain like Shade. They should have made him a big bad for a future season. They seem to have a habit of depowering great villains and putting them in the background.

And can we please focus on one thing at a time? Everything seems to be happening at once. I want this Killer Frost arc to last more than two or three episodes. Same with the Wally/Kid Flash arc.
JordanT4021

Postby BuNKiTZ » Nov 20th, 2016, 10:40 am

Shade looked awful. Savitar looked awful.

The rest of the episode was a lot of fun, though. Enjoyed all the conflicts between the different characters.
BuNKiTZ

Postby JordanT4021 » Nov 23rd, 2016, 3:43 pm

I loved this new episode. Kevin Smith should direct more often.
So glad that they changed up Caitlin's powers other than relentlessly throwing icicles like her Earth 2 version. That frost kiss was so cool to see. Also, I'm so glad she said what we were all thinking when it comes to Barry. She held nothing back and rightly so. He's caused everything thats happened. A little irked that now we have to wait for Caitlin to have another emotional breakdown for her to become the real Killer Frost but at least its definitely coming.

I don't really care much for Kid Flash, I thought they could have handled it better instead of just throwing it in at the end of the episode.
JordanT4021

PreviousNext

Return to DC Comics TV Shows