Legends of Tomorrow

The place to discuss Arrow, The Flash, Constantine and Gotham, as well as future shows such as the upcoming Supergirl, Krypton and Titans

Legends of Tomorrow

Postby The Oracle » Feb 27th, 2015, 2:24 am

http://deadline.com/2015/02/arrow-flash-spin-off-cw-new-superhero-series-1201382466/
DC Comics superheroes are uniting in a potential new drama series at the CW, a garbercaity lotzspinoff from hits Arrow and The Flash that will feature several fan-favorite recurring actors/characters from both shows. I have learned that the network has teamed with Arrow creators Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and Marc Guggenheim for a project eyed for next season toplined by Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller and Caity Lotz.

The Paley Center For Media's PaleyFest 2013 Honoring "Arrow"The untitled project, now in development, is described as a superhero team-up show. Routh, Miller and Garber will reprise their popular DC Comics characters — Arrow‘s Ray Palmer/The Atom (Routh), Flash villain Leonard Snart/Captain Cold (Miller), and Flash‘s Dr. Martin Stein (Garber). Because her Arrow character Sara Lance was killed off, with her sister Laurel Lance (Katie Cassidy) taking over as the Black Canary, it is unclear whether Lotz will play the same or new superhero.

CW LogoThe project is in early stages of development, so there is a possibility for other Arrow/Flash characters to cross over to the new spinoff. Additionally, in a tidbit that should get fans fired up, I have learned the new project will include three major DC Comics characters who have never appeared in a TV series.

This is the project CW president Mark Pedowitz vaguely referenced at TCA in January. It will not be part of the current pilot cycle. With the creative auspices and talent involved, I hear that it could go straight to series, possibly for next midseason.

Berlanti and Kreisberg, who also co-created The Flash, and Guggenheim executive produce with Sarah Schechter for Warner Bros. TV and Berlanti Prods.

Teaming up superheroes has been a winning formula, as proven by the success of the Justice League and The Avengers comics. Marvel’s The Avengers have crossed over to features, with DC’s Justice League also on its way to the big screen. Routh is repped by UTA and Main Title, Lotz is repped by UTA and Atlas Artists.
Last edited by The Oracle on Apr 21st, 2015, 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Oracle

Favourite Graphic Novel: Batwoman: Elegy

Re: New Arrow/Flash-Verse Show

Postby Arkham_Knight23 » Feb 27th, 2015, 6:45 am

Oops didn't see this thread till after I posted mine lol

Can't wait to see Caity Lotz back in the Arrowverse! :)

-- Feb 26th, 2015, 11:49 pm --

The Oracle wrote:http://deadline.com/2015/02/arrow-flash-spin-off-cw-new-superhero-series-1201382466/
CW LogoThe project is in early stages of development, so there is a possibility for other Arrow/Flash characters to cross over to the new spinoff. Additionally, in a tidbit that should get fans fired up, I have learned the new project will include three major DC Comics characters who have never appeared in a TV series.

I'd bet that one of them is Vixen.
I'm the original Arkham Knight lol
Arkham_Knight23

Favourite Villain: riddler

Postby Dick » Feb 27th, 2015, 12:14 pm

Am I the only one who thinks this is going to be terrible?
Dick

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Under The Hood

Postby Damian_Wayne » Feb 27th, 2015, 1:40 pm

Becky wrote:Am I the only one who thinks this is going to be terrible?

*high fives*
"I wasn't taught to fight fair. I was taught to win."
Damian_Wayne

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Reborn

Postby Harvey Bullock » Feb 27th, 2015, 2:10 pm

So at which point was it possible for a network to jump the shark?
Harvey Bullock

Favourite Villain: Ra's al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: DC: The New Frontier

Postby TheJester » Feb 27th, 2015, 2:22 pm

Damn, at least let Flash have a few seasons first. I'd rather not have Bat-Lite taint it just yet.
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Joeker » Feb 27th, 2015, 5:05 pm

Not really understanding the negativity at the moment, we hardly know anything at the moment. Will it be a full 22 episode series or like an 8 or 10 episode thing? Is there a story arc over the whole season or will each episode focus on different characters?
Now for me personally, I loved the Arrow/Flash crossover episodes so I also love the idea of this. I also wonder what the 3 new major DC characters are going to be?

Why not check out my fanart?
http://forums.arkhamverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=21259
Latest sketch: Peter Capaldi as The Doctor
Joeker

Favourite Villain: The Joker

Postby The Oracle » Mar 9th, 2015, 2:37 am

Joeker wrote:Not really understanding the negativity at the moment, we hardly know anything at the moment. Will it be a full 22 episode series or like an 8 or 10 episode thing? Is there a story arc over the whole season or will each episode focus on different characters?
Now for me personally, I loved the Arrow/Flash crossover episodes so I also love the idea of this. I also wonder what the 3 new major DC characters are going to be?

Last time they started doing another show, the quality on Arrow took a steep dive. So I'll join those in being pessimistic about this whole thing. Plus I cannot stand this Iron Man-lite version of Atom. Only thing that has my interest is that Caity Lotz is back.

-- March 8th, 2015, 6:36 pm --

Joeker wrote:Not really understanding the negativity at the moment, we hardly know anything at the moment. Will it be a full 22 episode series or like an 8 or 10 episode thing? Is there a story arc over the whole season or will each episode focus on different characters?

Last time they started doing another show, the quality on Arrow took a steep dive. So I'll join those in being pessimistic about this whole thing. Plus I cannot stand this Iron Man-lite version of Atom. Only thing that has my interest is that Caity Lotz is back.

-- March 8th, 2015, 6:36 pm --

http://tvline.com/2015/03/08/arrow-flash-spinoff-series-cast-rip-hunter-fury/
The curious spinoff project featuring characters from both Arrow and The Flash is starting to come into focus, with details on three roles to be cast.
RELATEDArrow/Flash ‘Team-Up’ Spinoff to Star Brandon Routh, Caity Lotz and Others
As previously reported, the CW spinoff — which may zip past the usual pilot process and be ordered straight to series — will star Arrow‘s Brandon Routh (who plays Ray/The Atom) and Caity Lotz (formerly Sara/Canary), as well as The Flash‘s Wentworth Miller (Leonard Snart/Captain Cold) and Victor Garber (Dr. Martin Stein aka half of Firestorm).
RELATEDThe Flash Enlists Walking Dead Alum Emily Kinney as Atom Foe/Anti-Felicity
Rounding out the ensemble, TVLine has learned, are the following “mystery” characters — though we’ve put forth out best theories on the familiar heroes/foes being cast. (With reporting by Michael Maloney)
“THE TRAVELER” | Described as a “Han Solo-esque rogue who gets by with his charm, this hero hails from the future, and has journeyed back in time on a secret mission. His razor-sharp wit hides the pain of a man who has lived through serious conflict. He also harbors many secrets, always leaving both his teammates and the audience unsure of his true allegiances.
Quite Possibly Is Rip Hunter (pictured above), who first debuted in 1959 in the pages of DC Comics’ series Showcase and has popped up in continuity over the years. This Time Master has revealed in the past that “Rip Hunter” isn’t his real name – it’s an alias he uses so that his enemies can’t thwart his future efforts by killing him when he is a helpless infant in the past!
But Could Also Be Booster Gold — though he appeared in an episode of Smallville (played by Days of Our Lives‘ Eric Martsolf), and it’s been said the new characters have never been featured on a live-action show before — or Time Traveler, a powerful villain who’s gone up against the Legion of Super-Heroes.
“FEMALE WARRIOR” | Arrow_Flash_Spinoff_FuryThis twentysomething Latina is pretty but unassuming, book smart and socially awkward by day. But by night, when she hears the cry of battle, her fury is ignited and she becomes a fierce warrior — so much so, that sometimes she can become a threat to others.
Quite Possibly Is a cross between Fury aka Helena Kosmatos (pictured), an Amazon heroine empowered by the ancient Furies, and Yolanda Montez, who assumed the role of Wildcat from her godfather, Ted Grant.
But Could Also Be Pantha aka Rosabelle Mendez, a short-lived member of the New Titans, or Tarantula aka Catalina Marie Flores, who hails from the pages of Nightwing.
“MYSTERY HERO” | Arr0w_Flash_Spinoff-StaticAn African-American male in his twenties will fill the role of a regular, street smart guy who unexpectedly gains powers, and then, as part of the team, regularly quips about the insanity of the situations.
Quite Possibly Is Virgil Ovid Hawkins, a high school student who was splashed with experimental chemicals after being caught in a gang war. Virgil emerged with electromagnetic powers, which he uses to fight crime as the superhero Static (pictured).
But Could Also Be Black Lightning (aka Jefferson Pierce) or Black Vulcan
Carefully consider the character descriptions above and present your own “hero” theories below!
The Oracle

Postby Peel » Mar 10th, 2015, 12:58 pm

Sounds like this show will end up being their version of the Justice League show, we'll probably have a lot of appearances from the likes of Oliver and Barry.

Caity Loitz is back? YES! God I love that chick, much better canary than the evil Laurel anyday.

Hopes for the JL lineup:

- Green Arrow - Founder, but makes appearances here and there
- Flash - Co-Founder, but makes appearances here and there
- The Canary
- The Atom
- Black Lighting
- Wildcat - The Female version
- Firestorm - The Martin Stein version

I have hopes that the other shows' events will all link right into this show a lot, and we get a lot of recurring villains.
Peel

Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Postby The Oracle » Mar 30th, 2015, 10:45 pm

http://deadline.com/2015/03/arrow-flash-spinoff-hawkgirl-ciara-renee-cw-1201401280/

EXCLUSIVE: It has been a fast rise for young actress Ciara Renée, who graduated from Baldwin Wallace University with a degree in music theater in May 2013. Since then, she made her Broadway debut in Big Fish and replaced Patina Miller as Leading Player in the revival of Pippin. Last fall, she made her TV debut with a guest shot on NBC’s Law & Order: SVU. And now, she has landed a lead in CW’s proposed Arrow/Flash spinoff series, playing the role of Kendra Saunders aka Hawkgirl.

The superhero team-up show, from Arrow creators Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and Marc Guggenheim, was to bring in three new DC superhero characters never seen on TV, along with a slew of Arrow/Flash recurring fan favorites. Hawkgirl is not expected to be one of them as the character has appeared in a Season 9 episode of the WB/CW drama Smallville, played by Sahar Biniaz, as well as in a couple of animated series including Justice League.

In the new series, Saunders is a young woman who is just beginning to learn that she has been repeatedly reincarnated over the centuries. When provoked, her ancient warrior persona manifests itself, along with wings that grow out of her back, earning her the moniker Hawkgirl.

On the Arrow/Flash spinoff, eyed for next midseason, Renée joins Brandon Routh (Arrow‘s Ray Palmer/The Atom), Wentworth Miller (The Flash‘s Leonard Snart/Captain Cold), Dominic Purcell (The Flash‘s Mick Rory/Heat Wave), Victor Garber and Caity Lotz whose role is still TBD as her Arrow character Sara Lance was killed off, with her sister Laurel Lance (Katie Cassidy) taking over as the Black Canary.

Per the released breakdowns, the Arrow/Flash spinoff has been casting three new roles. With one of them turning out to be Hawkgirl, Lotz could end up playing one of the three new-to-TV DC characters, along with the two new male roles, now casting.

Berlanti and Kreisberg, who also co-created The Flash, executive produce the new series alongside Guggenheim and Sarah Schechter for Warner Bros. TV and Berlanti Prods.

Renee, repped by Stone Manners Salners Agency, recently starred as Esmeralda in a workshop production of the Disney musical The Hunchback Of Notre Dame at the Papermill Playhouse in New Jersey and the La Jolla Playhouse.

http://www.thewrap.com/doctor-who-alum-arthur-darvill-joins-arrow-flash-spinoff-series/

Former Companion to play DC comic book character Rip Hunter, while Ciara Renee joins CW series as Hawkgirl
The CW’s untitled superhero team-up series has added “Doctor Who” alum Arthur Darvill, TheWrap has learned exclusively.
The former Doctor’s Companion will play DC comic book character Rip Hunter, a roguish time traveler who hides the strains of being responsible for history itself behind a facade of charm and wit.
Additionally, Ciara Renee has also been added to the series as Kendra Saunders, who becomes the DC superhero Hawkgirl. Kendra is young woman who is just beginning to learn that she has been repeatedly reincarnated over the centuries. When provoked, her ancient warrior persona manifests itself, along with wings that grow out of her back.

The new additions join the previously-cast Wentworth Miller (Captain Cold), Brandon Routh (Atom), Victor Garber (Firestorm), Caity Lotz (Canary) and Dominic Purcell (Heat Wave).
The in-development project, still untitled, is described as an ensemble show featuring recurring fan-favorite characters from “Arrow” and “The Flash.”
“Arrow” creators Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and Marc Guggenheim are working with Warner Bros. Television and Berlanti Productions to develop the spinoff, which will not be part of the current pilot cycle.

The spinoff would also include three unannounced DC Comics characters who have not yet made their debuts on “The Flash” or “Arrow.”
Berlanti, Kreisberg, Guggenheim and Sarah Schechter, the team also behind CBS’s upcoming “Supergirl” drama, will executive produce the spinoff.
Darvill is best known for his roles as Rory Williams on “Doctor Who” and Rev. Paul Coates on “Broadchurch.” Independent Talent Group and Silver Lining Entertainment represent the actor.
The Oracle

Postby Arkham_Knight23 » Mar 31st, 2015, 5:54 am

The Oracle wrote:http://deadline.com/2015/03/arrow-flash-spinoff-hawkgirl-ciara-renee-cw-1201401280/

EXCLUSIVE: It has been a fast rise for young actress Ciara Renée, who graduated from Baldwin Wallace University with a degree in music theater in May 2013. Since then, she made her Broadway debut in Big Fish and replaced Patina Miller as Leading Player in the revival of Pippin. Last fall, she made her TV debut with a guest shot on NBC’s Law & Order: SVU. And now, she has landed a lead in CW’s proposed Arrow/Flash spinoff series, playing the role of Kendra Saunders aka Hawkgirl.

The superhero team-up show, from Arrow creators Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and Marc Guggenheim, was to bring in three new DC superhero characters never seen on TV, along with a slew of Arrow/Flash recurring fan favorites. Hawkgirl is not expected to be one of them as the character has appeared in a Season 9 episode of the WB/CW drama Smallville, played by Sahar Biniaz, as well as in a couple of animated series including Justice League.

In the new series, Saunders is a young woman who is just beginning to learn that she has been repeatedly reincarnated over the centuries. When provoked, her ancient warrior persona manifests itself, along with wings that grow out of her back, earning her the moniker Hawkgirl.

On the Arrow/Flash spinoff, eyed for next midseason, Renée joins Brandon Routh (Arrow‘s Ray Palmer/The Atom), Wentworth Miller (The Flash‘s Leonard Snart/Captain Cold), Dominic Purcell (The Flash‘s Mick Rory/Heat Wave), Victor Garber and Caity Lotz whose role is still TBD as her Arrow character Sara Lance was killed off, with her sister Laurel Lance (Katie Cassidy) taking over as the Black Canary.

Per the released breakdowns, the Arrow/Flash spinoff has been casting three new roles. With one of them turning out to be Hawkgirl, Lotz could end up playing one of the three new-to-TV DC characters, along with the two new male roles, now casting.

Berlanti and Kreisberg, who also co-created The Flash, executive produce the new series alongside Guggenheim and Sarah Schechter for Warner Bros. TV and Berlanti Prods.

Renee, repped by Stone Manners Salners Agency, recently starred as Esmeralda in a workshop production of the Disney musical The Hunchback Of Notre Dame at the Papermill Playhouse in New Jersey and the La Jolla Playhouse.

http://www.thewrap.com/doctor-who-alum-arthur-darvill-joins-arrow-flash-spinoff-series/

Former Companion to play DC comic book character Rip Hunter, while Ciara Renee joins CW series as Hawkgirl
The CW’s untitled superhero team-up series has added “Doctor Who” alum Arthur Darvill, TheWrap has learned exclusively.
The former Doctor’s Companion will play DC comic book character Rip Hunter, a roguish time traveler who hides the strains of being responsible for history itself behind a facade of charm and wit.
Additionally, Ciara Renee has also been added to the series as Kendra Saunders, who becomes the DC superhero Hawkgirl. Kendra is young woman who is just beginning to learn that she has been repeatedly reincarnated over the centuries. When provoked, her ancient warrior persona manifests itself, along with wings that grow out of her back.

The new additions join the previously-cast Wentworth Miller (Captain Cold), Brandon Routh (Atom), Victor Garber (Firestorm), Caity Lotz (Canary) and Dominic Purcell (Heat Wave).
The in-development project, still untitled, is described as an ensemble show featuring recurring fan-favorite characters from “Arrow” and “The Flash.”
“Arrow” creators Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and Marc Guggenheim are working with Warner Bros. Television and Berlanti Productions to develop the spinoff, which will not be part of the current pilot cycle.

The spinoff would also include three unannounced DC Comics characters who have not yet made their debuts on “The Flash” or “Arrow.”
Berlanti, Kreisberg, Guggenheim and Sarah Schechter, the team also behind CBS’s upcoming “Supergirl” drama, will executive produce the spinoff.
Darvill is best known for his roles as Rory Williams on “Doctor Who” and Rev. Paul Coates on “Broadchurch.” Independent Talent Group and Silver Lining Entertainment represent the actor.

If I remember right, the original article said the 3 new characters are people that have never been on live-action shows before. Her alter-ego may have shown up on Smallville but Hawkgirl never did. So I would include her in one of the 3 new characters.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/31/fe ... sh-spinoff
It really should come as no surprise that The CW is tapping the Arrow and Flash well for another spinoff. But what did shock fans was the announcement that Caity Lotz, whose Arrow character Sara Lance died earlier this season, would somehow play a role on this new superhero team-up project.

The untitled drama—which is being developed by Arrow and Flash executive producers Andrew Kreisberg and Greg Berlanti, as well as Arrow boss Marc Guggenheim and Sarah Schechter—stars Brandon Routh (Ray Palmer/The Atom), Wentworth Miller (Leonard Snart/Captain Cold), Dominic Purcell (Mick Rory, Heat Wave), Victor Garber (Martin Stein/Firestorm), Ciara Renee (Kendra Saunders, Hawkgirl), Arthur Darvill (Rip Hunter) and Lotz. But, seriously, how?! EW has a few (albeit far-fetched) theories on how the actress will appear on the new project:

1. Lazarus Pits: Putting Sara’s corpse into Ra’s al Ghul’s own fountain of youth is pretty much the No. 1 theory right now. If the comics have proven anything, there are some severe side effects to taking a dip—including basically going insane—which could bring out a whole new side to Sara that viewers have never seen before, offering up a wealth of story lines in the potential series. On the flip side, Sara has been dead for quite a while, so even the Lazarus Pits may not be able to save her.

2. Anthology Series: Creating an entirely new show that can last and stay fresh for multiple seasons can be daunting—especially if it means we start getting superhero fatigue. But what if the producers are actually planning a storyline based on this set of characters for only one season? If they did an anthology, we could see future seasons focused on different characters throughout the DC Comics universe. What does this have to do with who Lotz is playing, you ask? Because she could still be playing Sara, but only in flashbacks. If the anthology told the past, present and future of some of our favorite heroes and villains, then Lotz could presumably appear in stories that detail the missing time of how she joined the League of Assassins and became the Canary.

3. Parallel Universe: Another theory high on the list is the possibility that this new project is inspired by Flashpoint, a five-issue miniseries that led to DC’s New 52s. In short, Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) traveled back in time to prevent Eobard Thawne (Tom Cavanagh) from killing his mother, which fractured the fabric of reality and caused a seismic change in the future—like Captain Cold is actually Citizen Cold, Central City’s greatest hero. What if the changes go beyond that and Sara is still alive in this parallel universe? Possible proof: Executive producer Andrew Kreisberg recently teased at PaleyFest that the show would be adapting “a fairly big Flash storyline from the comics” in the future.

4. All of the above: It’s feasible, but good luck wrapping your brain around that.

5. None of the above: Maybe the producers just love Lotz so much that she’s going to play an entirely new character we haven’t seen before on either The Flash or Arrow. If they change up her look enough, just maybe the fans could believe her as another character, possibly someone like Power Girl. But that option seems even more far-fetched than the new project taking place in an alternate reality.

I could get behind the anthology theory.
Arkham_Knight23

Postby Peel » Apr 12th, 2015, 11:04 pm

The cast for the Justice League-esque spinoff show have been assembled, from those that we already know of. Obvious spoilers in the below link;

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/green_arr ... /?a=118543

Spoiler: show
So glad Sara is back, missed her so much.
Peel

Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Postby Arkham_Knight23 » Apr 12th, 2015, 11:19 pm

I-am-the-Peel wrote:The cast for the Justice League-esque spinoff show have been assembled, from those that we already know of. Obvious spoilers in the below link;

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/green_arr ... /?a=118543

So glad Sara is back, missed her so much.

Right now, internally they're calling it "The Atom".

http://screenrant.com/the-flash-all-sta ... itle-atom/
Arkham_Knight23

Postby Joeker » Apr 13th, 2015, 10:47 pm

This has nothing to do with this show, it's a promo for the Arrow and Flash finales. But I'll post it here since it combines both shows amazingly.

I love it!

Why not check out my fanart?
http://forums.arkhamverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=21259
Latest sketch: Peter Capaldi as The Doctor
Joeker

Favourite Villain: The Joker

Postby Arkham_Knight23 » Apr 13th, 2015, 11:15 pm

Joeker wrote:This has nothing to do with this show, it's a promo for the Arrow and Flash finales. But I'll post it here since it combines both shows amazingly.

I love it!

Lol that was great!
Arkham_Knight23

Next

Return to DC Comics TV Shows