Lucifer

The place to discuss Arrow, The Flash, Constantine and Gotham, as well as future shows such as the upcoming Supergirl, Krypton and Titans

Lucifer

Postby The Oracle » May 9th, 2015, 3:32 am

Los Angeles is in for one devil of a time.

Lucifer, an adaptation of the seminal Vertigo comic book series, has received a series greenlight by Fox, making it Fox’s second DC Entertainment series as well as the second #DCTV series based off of a Vertigo comic book.

The series stars Tom Ellis (Rush) in the title role as Lucifer, who, bored and unhappy as the Lord of Hell, resigns his throne and abandons his kingdom for the gorgeous, shimmering insanity of Los Angeles, where he gets his kicks helping the LAPD punish criminals. Co-starring alongside Ellis are Lauren German (Chicago Fire) as Chloe Dancer, an LAPD homicide detective who finds herself both repulsed and fascinated by Lucifer; Lesley-Ann Brandt (Spartacus) as Lucifer’s best friend Maze, a fierce demon who takes the form of a human woman; Nicholas Gonzalez (Sleepy Hollow) as Dan, an LAPD homicide detective wary of Lucifer; D.B. Woodside as Amenadiel, an angel sent to L.A. to persuade Lucifer to return to hell; and Rachael Harris as Linda, Lucifer’s therapist.

If you’re unfamiliar with Lucifer, he was first introduced to Vertigo in Neil Gaiman’s The Sandman, where he abandoned his role as the lord of hell in the beloved “Season of Mists” storyline. His self-titled series, written by Mike Carey, can actually be seen as something of a Sandman spinoff, but ran for 75 issues and became a Vertigo classic in its own right.

Lucifer comes from Warner Bros. TV, DC Comics and Jerry Bruckheimer Television, and was written by Californication creator Tom Kapinos and directed by Len Wiseman. Kapinos and Wiseman will executive produce with Jerry Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman and Ildy Modrovich.

It’s been a big week for #DCTV! Keep your eye on DCComics.com and follow DC Comics on Twitter for all the latest news as it breaks.

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/05/08/breaking-news-lucifer-greenlit-by-fox
The Oracle

Favourite Graphic Novel: Batwoman: Elegy

Re: Lucifer

Postby batman404 » May 11th, 2015, 11:56 pm

Awesome trailer, if this show's half as good as the books I'll be tickled pink! :D
batman404

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: YOne and TDKReturns

Postby MaxSchreck » May 12th, 2015, 12:33 am

Looks fun, but I am a little dissapointed that this Lucifer isn´t blond and looks like David Bowie like in his original Sandman appearances xD

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Postby Pieter » May 12th, 2015, 8:20 am

Lucifer is one of my favorite CB characters and so far I've got to say this looks pretty great. I hope with Constantine now gone that they might take place in the same universe.
I died once. It was boring, so I stood up
Pieter

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

Postby batman404 » May 12th, 2015, 4:23 pm

Pieter wrote:Lucifer is one of my favorite CB characters and so far I've got to say this looks pretty great. I hope with Constantine now gone that they might take place in the same universe.

But... he's never appeared on any of your lists. :P

-

EDIT

batman404

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: YOne and TDKReturns

Postby ChaosThe15th » Jan 28th, 2016, 1:20 pm

I really liked the first episode. I know alot of people don't like that it is a procedural but I haven't watched a good procedural in a while so Im enjoying it. Plus I think the guy playing Lucifer is fantastic.
ChaosThe15th

Favourite Villain: Mr. Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Mani-Man » Jan 28th, 2016, 2:04 pm

I liked the pilot.
it had a nice style and premise.
The actors do a good job and have a good chemistry.

I really enjoyed it.
Mani-Man

Postby Dick » Feb 16th, 2016, 11:20 pm

I swoon whenever Lucifer speaks. Tbh I'm enjoying this a lot more than I thought I would
Dick

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Under The Hood

Return to DC Comics TV Shows