What Ever Happened To...? (Arkham)

Spoiler Warning! Please keep spoilers for Arkham Knight & its DLC contained within this subforum.
One rule: NO SPOILERS IN TOPIC TITLES

What Ever Happened To...? (Arkham)

Postby JordanT4021 » Oct 16th, 2016, 1:20 am

What ever happened to...?

A lot of fan favourite heroes and villains shown throughout the Arkham games strangely disappeared from continuity sometime before Arkham Knight. Some were given short stories attached to Riddler trophies, some were given subtle nods through easter eggs and others simply fell through the cracks. I thought it would be fun to guess where these characters ended up and what they were doing before and during AK.

Lady Shiva
Shiva only appeared in Arkham Origins but played a huge part in the Arkhamverse. She was the one to convince Quincy Sharp to reopen Arkham Asylum with his mayoral campaign, and thus started the events which lead to Arkham City. During Origins, Shiva was working for Ra's al Ghul. But, she was nowhere to be found in AC alongside Ra's and Talia, and wasn't present for the League's civil war in AK.

I think its clear she left the League of Assassins. I'd like to say she went after her daughter, Cassandra, but there's little to no evidence Cassandra even exists in this universe. In the comics, Shiva has been known to train or retrain heroes in martial arts including Tim Drake and Batman after Knightfall. It would be interesting if Jason Todd approached Shiva for training as he became the Arkham Knight. That would mean Shiva's involvement and interactions have caused two of the biggest plot points within the games. It would also be cool if Shiva led her own division of the League.

Clayface
After being cut open from the inside and thrown into the lazarus pit, its likely that Basil Karlo died from his injuries. I'm surprised there isn't more mentioning of this in AK since his death is pretty much Batman's fault, which would add to Bruce's guilt. Since Clayface has 8 different variations in the comics, I find it hard to believe another wouldn't take Karlo's place. Perhaps his remains could have been experimented on or even sold to the highest bidder. Someone like Matt Hagen perhaps. All I know is that the Clayface legacy would have definitely continued. Personally I'd like Sondra Fuller to take the mantle since there's a huge lack in female characters in these games.
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Re: What Ever Happened To...? (Arkham)

Postby Red_Robin » Oct 16th, 2016, 11:38 am

Thumbs up to this thread! I'll be adding to it and sharing on the main page and social media later! :alfred:
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Postby JordanT4021 » Oct 17th, 2016, 1:44 am

Red_Robin wrote:Thumbs up to this thread! I'll be adding to it and sharing on the main page and social media later today! :alfred:

Thank you, I appreciate that :adam:

Another character who disappeared...
Copperhead
Copperhead was referenced with an easter egg (a vial of her toxin) in Arkham Knight but they never actually mentioned what happened to her after AO. Last we seen, Copperhead was trapped inside a shipping container by Batman, awaiting arrest. But as her case file says, she's a master escape artist. My guess is she escaped before the police even got there. Her case file also stated that "copperhead" may not be the name solely for her, but a name for a group of assassins/mercenaries in South America. Perhaps she returned to her squad.

In the comics, Copperhead has been known to show up in the Suicide Squad and with Amanda Waller skulking around in a post credit scene in AO, it wouldn't be a big jump to assume Waller took advantage of the nights events and added her to the teams roster.
JordanT4021

Postby BiGbAdBaTz » Oct 17th, 2016, 6:53 pm

Wouldn't it be cool if Shiva trained Jason after he escaped from Joker?

I think Copperhead escaped.
*woman sobbing on the floor*
Batman: QUIET!
BiGbAdBaTz

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn

Postby JordanT4021 » Oct 18th, 2016, 12:50 am

BiGbAdBaTz wrote:Wouldn't it be cool if Shiva trained Jason after he escaped from Joker?

I think Copperhead escaped.

Yup I agree.

Deadshot
Personally, I think the Arkham games mishandled Deadshot. They didn't really know what to do with him. His missions in AO and AC were pretty generic. As for where he ended up, its hard to say. The animated movie, Assault on Arkham, shows that Deadshot was on the Suicide Squad but at the end of the film...
Spoiler: show
He killed Waller.

I'd like to think that Deadshot ended up living a happy life with his daughter since barely anyone in the Arkham series got a happy ending. He did end up in AC as a hired gun for Hugo Strange, but after all of the prisoners were let go due to the conditions they faced, I would think he'd simply go back to his daughter.
JordanT4021

Postby M. Malone » Oct 18th, 2016, 1:35 pm

JordanT4021 wrote:I'd like to think that Deadshot ended up living a happy life with his daughter since barely anyone in the Arkham series got a happy ending. He did end up in AC as a hired gun for Hugo Strange, but after all of the prisoners were let go due to the conditions they faced, I would think he'd simply go back to his daughter.

A merciless gunman shooting innocent civilians? Yeah, I hope he ended up dead, not living happily ever after. :batman:
10pm... I feel the rain coming down. My face feels wet, my mind the storm.
Flashing lights as people race to find shelter from the pour.
Moving silent, through the streets - They're Mine!.... They're mine...
M. Malone

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby JordanT4021 » Oct 18th, 2016, 2:49 pm

M. Malone wrote:
JordanT4021 wrote:I'd like to think that Deadshot ended up living a happy life with his daughter since barely anyone in the Arkham series got a happy ending. He did end up in AC as a hired gun for Hugo Strange, but after all of the prisoners were let go due to the conditions they faced, I would think he'd simply go back to his daughter.

A merciless gunman shooting innocent civilians? Yeah, I hope he ended up dead, not living happily ever after. :batman:

Lol I forgot about that... :I never mind.
JordanT4021

Postby M. Malone » Oct 18th, 2016, 10:58 pm

JordanT4021 wrote:
M. Malone wrote:

Lol I forgot about that... :I never mind.

:oldyella:
M. Malone

Postby The man who laughs » Oct 27th, 2016, 2:33 pm

Also what ever happened to anarky. It would have been good to have seen him in Arkham knight
The Cal-man1 will return .......
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The man who laughs

Favourite Villain: Joker,riddler,twofac
Favourite Graphic Novel: Not TDKSA

Postby MaxSchreck » Oct 27th, 2016, 3:49 pm

The man who laughs wrote:Also what ever happened to anarky. It would have been good to have seen him in Arkham knight

I think Aaron Cash mentions that he was moved to a secret facility by the goverment when you look at his Gcpd trophy. "They don´t like Anarchist too much", he comments :I

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Postby M. Malone » Oct 28th, 2016, 1:41 pm

^^^ Some of the thug banter mentions him as I recall. Something about "Too bad that Anarky kid isn't around - he'd eat this stuff up!"
M. Malone

Postby calebthebeest » Nov 13th, 2016, 4:23 am

For clayface, I think it's possible that he's back to a normal guy. Think about it, Lazarus Pits cure ailments, perhaps including freakish clay mutations?
calebthebeest

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby jifw52 » Dec 20th, 2016, 2:03 am

I got this from the Batman Wiki, in regards to Clayface:

Traces of Clayface were later used in Simon Stagg's Metamorpho project, with Batman destroying it and keeping samples for study; as well as supplied by the Arkham Knight to Hush, to ensure the latter was virtually indistinguishable from Bruce Wayne as part of their revenge plans against Batman and Wayne, respectively. The GCPD kept some of Clayface's mud in lockup. Clayface in fact survived the battle against Batman, but was permanently comatose and unable to regain his original form due to both being exposed to the Lazarus Pit and being caught in the generator's explosion.
You are the product of everything you fear: violence, darkness, helplessness. All that remains is for you to watch, as I drag your beloved Gotham into oblivion. -Scarecrow, Batman: Arkham Knight
jifw52

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Return to Arkham Knight SPOILER ZONE