Easter Eggs

Spoiler Warning! Please keep spoilers for Arkham Knight & its DLC contained within this subforum.
One rule: NO SPOILERS IN TOPIC TITLES

Easter Eggs

Postby The Oracle » Jun 24th, 2015, 5:51 am

Should go without saying, but spoilers. What have you guys spotted so far?
-Black Canary...Club, I think it was. Something like that. Either way, establishment called Black Canary.
-Metropolis posters
-Lex Luthor left Bruce a message on his answering machine
-Kate Kane left Bruce a message as well, really was happy to see this one. XD
-North Refrigerators, Nolan North of course voices the Penguin
The Oracle

Favourite Graphic Novel: Batwoman: Elegy

Re: Easter Eggs

Postby CapLagRobin » Jun 24th, 2015, 6:47 am

- Secret Entrance Bust from the 60s TV show in Wayne Office & Clocktower
- Origins' Anarky's Coat
I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of CapLagRobin, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God.
CapLagRobin

Favourite Graphic Novel: Never read one

Postby Justice » Jun 24th, 2015, 7:19 am

CapLagRobin wrote:- Secret Entrance Bust from the 60s TV show in Wayne Office & Clocktower.

Barbara in addition also has a "Birds of Prey" screensaver. teehee
Last edited by Justice on Jun 24th, 2015, 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Justice

Favourite Villain: Killer Croc

Postby Red leader » Jun 24th, 2015, 7:44 am

There is a bagel shop called K.G.Bagels which is a reference to KGBeast.
An arkham knight thug mentiond a firebug.
There is a store called music meisters.

In the sane area as the music meisters store is a bookstore called bookworms and it says since 1966. This is an obvious reference to the villian created for the '66 tv batman show, named bookworm.
Last edited by Red leader on Jun 24th, 2015, 9:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Bruce Wayne, arkham asylum ASHOSE.
Red leader

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham asylum ashose

Postby Bat/Cat » Jun 24th, 2015, 8:19 am

-Dax Ginn can be seen in the diner opening on the left as you enter.
-Sergeant Ginn is one of the guards at GCPD front entrance.
Dunanunanuna BATMAN!!!!!
Bat/Cat

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby The Oracle » Jun 24th, 2015, 8:48 am

-The Clock Tower has posters for The Grey Ghost and a film starring Basil Karlo
The Oracle

Favourite Graphic Novel: Batwoman: Elegy

Postby Red leader » Jun 24th, 2015, 9:25 am

More stuff

In that same area there is a repair shop called Harold's, this refers to Harold all ur who was a mute guy who help repair Bruce's stuff in the '90s.

The bank of gothams logo is a goat this is because gotham is old english for goat (gat) and home (ham). Don't ask why I know all this.

Near the repair shop is a ferry ticket place called ranelagh which is a reference to dark knight possibly.

Near that is a seafood place called grinning fishmonger which is a reference to joker and his laughing fish.

Next to that is a poster for a channeled fight between Ted "the wildcat" grant and Albert "goliath" king. Albert is joke tied later and Ted is the golden age jsa hero wildcat who is a boxer. Goliath is a character with no name but has been in a few comics here or there and was an unrelated circus performer in TAS.

The lady gotham statue has been used in the comics from time to time.

Once again in this area is a store called tockmans antiques which refers to William tockman aka the clock king.

Next to that is a store thing called thorns which is a reference to Rupert thorn who is a corrupt councilman created in steve englehart's run.

Across from that is a sign for tours of Markovia which if you know your dc lore you will know is a fictional country.

Winslows toy shop reveres to the toy man Winslow schott a superman villian who was a robin rouge at one time.

There is a Cadmus bar which refers to Cadmus the government group that makes clones and whatnot. They even have the u look like a vile.

Royal flush gang poker rooms is a reference to the villian team the royal flush gang.

Quilts laundromat crazy prices is a reference to crazy quilt.

Flash exists in this world cause a thug says "I'd rather be here then keystone, at least you can see batman coming" keystone is where Wally west and jay Garrick are based out of

In the movie studio there is a poster for arthur browns price change which was the game show he had before becoming clue master.
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Bruce Wayne, arkham asylum ASHOSE.
Red leader

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham asylum ashose

Postby Dufase19089 » Jun 24th, 2015, 8:23 pm

Lex Luthor Easter Egg!
Dufase19089

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Watchmen

Postby AustinKAD » Jun 24th, 2015, 8:55 pm

When flying around Founder's Island you'll here one of the thugs say "Now all we need is that freak from Metropolis to come flying in" obviously referring to Superman.

Also in the GCPD if you look around you'll see a board listing detectives shifts. The board list the names of Renee Montoya, Harvey Bullock, and John Jones aka the Martian Manhunter.

One that's more obvious probably, but worth mentioning is one of the buildings in Founder's Island belongs to Oliver Queen aka the Green Arrow.
"You of all people should know, there's plenty wrong with me. Ha Ha Ha!
AustinKAD

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman And Robin

Postby BrainyAche » Jun 24th, 2015, 9:17 pm

AustinKAD wrote:When flying around Founder's Island you'll here one of the thugs say "Now all we need is that freak from Metropolis to come flying in" obviously referring to Superman.

Also in the GCPD if you look around you'll see a board listing detectives shifts. The board list the names of Renee Montoya, Harvey Bullock, and John Jones aka the Martian Manhunter.

One that's more obvious probably, but worth mentioning is one of the buildings in Founder's Island belongs to Oliver Queen aka the Green Arrow.

Also Christina Bell is one of the Queen Industries directors thats why I think that we will get to see Oliver Queen in future DLCs because he has to be affected by the fact that one of his directors was infected by the Joker.
BrainyAche

Postby Prisoner 4011 » Jun 24th, 2015, 9:24 pm

BrainyAche wrote:
AustinKAD wrote:When flying around Founder's Island you'll here one of the thugs say "Now all we need is that freak from Metropolis to come flying in" obviously referring to Superman.

Also Christina Bell is one of the Queen Industries directors thats why I think that we will get to see Oliver Queen in future DLCs because he has to be affected by the fact that one of his directors was infected by the Joker.

Catwoman mentioned robbing Oliver Queen in one of the side-missions. Chances are her side-mission is based on that.
Prisoner 4011

Postby Dethklokx7 » Jun 24th, 2015, 10:04 pm

Solomon Grundy is not forgotten.........and perhaps returning in the season of infamy....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXdCjAAA3JY
Dethklokx7

Favourite Villain: Clayface

Postby CapLagRobin » Jun 24th, 2015, 10:11 pm

Dethklokx7 wrote:Solomon Grundy is not forgotten.........and perhaps returning in the season of infamy....

I think the lyrics are not in english... Is it just me?
I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of CapLagRobin, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God.
CapLagRobin

Postby Dethklokx7 » Jun 24th, 2015, 10:15 pm

CapLagRobin wrote:
Dethklokx7 wrote:Solomon Grundy is not forgotten.........and perhaps returning in the season of infamy....

..............um its a child reciting the "born on a monday" nursery rhyme. Is the phonograph audio quality throwing you off?
Dethklokx7

Favourite Villain: Clayface

Postby CapLagRobin » Jun 24th, 2015, 10:20 pm

Dethklokx7 wrote:
CapLagRobin wrote:

..............um its a child reciting the "born on a monday" nursery rhyme. Is the phonograph audio quality throwing you off?

Maybe it's just me, but I can't understand anything except for "...Solomon Grundy..." and the rest sounds like a foreign language...

UPD: I guess it was me, or the stupid tablet's speakers not working correctly.
Last edited by CapLagRobin on Jun 24th, 2015, 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CapLagRobin

Next

Return to Arkham Knight SPOILER ZONE