Boss Fights

Spoiler Warning! Please keep spoilers for Arkham Knight & its DLC contained within this subforum.
One rule: NO SPOILERS IN TOPIC TITLES

Re: Boss Fights

Postby BrainyAche » Jun 27th, 2015, 9:44 am

Mr. Serpent wrote:
BrainyAche wrote:Im really surprised that nobody complains about why the Joker is the final boss if Scarecrow was the main villain. Everybody is disappointed because something is missing or it isnt the way they wanted to be but still they calling this game better than Arkham Origins. Maybe Arkham Knight is better than Arkham Origins but its not better than Arkham Asylum or Arkham City.

Arkham Knight:
1.No Challenge Maps
2.PC version is almost unplayable because of the bugs
3.Not that good boss fights
4.Joker main villain
5.Predictable story
6.Bad and unexplained ending

Arkham Origins:
1.There are Challenge Maps
3.Better boss fights
4.Joker main villain
5.Predictable story
6.Better more simple ending

So if Rocksteady will give us Challenge Maps and if they will fix all the bugs and if they somehow give us a better ending and a better boss fight then maybe this game will be better than Origins.

Origins is crippled copy&paste of Arkham City. Everything is better than Origins.

At least it has challenge maps, better boss fights, better ending. Also if its a copy of Arkham City then it is better than Arkham Knight because Arkham City is better than Arkham Knight.
BrainyAche

Postby Mr. Serpent » Jun 27th, 2015, 12:00 pm

BrainyAche wrote:At least it has challenge maps, better boss fights, better ending.

Fair enough.
Mr. Serpent

Favourite Villain: Gotta catch 'em all
Favourite Graphic Novel: AA: ASHOTSE

Postby RAID3N » Jun 27th, 2015, 3:07 pm

all these 4 days since the launch, I feel like the gods of Olympus had abandoned me... The sun is bright as it used to be... The wind touching my skin feels colder... WHY Rocksteady? The plot is fine by me, except for the ending, most of the gameplay aspect are just nonsense!

*Lack of Challenge Maps
*Therefore, for the most part you only play as Batman
*Lack of Boss Fights
*Deathstroke being nothing more than Tank/Batmobile battle
*Half the villains from previous installments missing from the game, therefore not that many side missions
*NO Batcave! What the hell?!
*Both DLC's being 10-15 minutes long (and being terrible and pointless, imho)
*PC version outsourced into a shitshow like an unwanted puppy and taken down from Steam for who knows how long!

What happened RS? If this is how you make your Batman games now, I'm glad you're done! I haven't been this let down and utterly disappointed since I saw Iron Man 3! Jesus...

BrainyAche wrote:
Mr. Serpent wrote:
BrainyAche wrote:Im really surprised that nobody complains about why the Joker is the final boss if Scarecrow was the main villain. Everybody is disappointed because something is missing or it isnt the way they wanted to be but still they calling this game better than Arkham Origins. Maybe Arkham Knight is better than Arkham Origins but its not better than Arkham Asylum or Arkham City.

Arkham Knight:
1.No Challenge Maps
4.Joker main villain
5.Predictable story

Arkham Origins:
3.Better boss fights
4.Joker main villain
5.Predictable story

So if Rocksteady will give us Challenge Maps and if they will fix all the bugs and if they somehow give us a better ending and a better boss fight then maybe this game will be better than Origins.

Origins is crippled copy&paste of Arkham City. Everything is better than Origins.

At least it has challenge maps, better boss fights, better ending. Also if its a copy of Arkham City then it is better than Arkham Knight because Arkham City is better than Arkham Knight.

it's worse than City tho, cause it's a half assed copy with some minor additions
formerly BartMan992
RAID3N

Favourite Villain: Deathstroke/Owlman

Postby BrainyAche » Jun 27th, 2015, 3:45 pm

Well I cant decide which is worse Arkham Knight or Arkham Origins...I was thinking about what if Rocksteady made this because they wanted to make a time traveling game maybe Flash or Superman game so they can correct it in the future but then I realised that these mistakes have nothing to do with their future projects and that these mistakes are really real and nonintentional. Also even the Flash cant bring back the 1 vs 1 boss fights and the challenge maps. So I can say anything I can theorize about anything the game wont be better so I must face the facts it is a bad game. I hope that at least they will give us something special completing the New Game Plus if they made it just a different mode that has nothing to offer after completing it then I give up I will have my definitive opinion about this game.
BrainyAche

Postby TheJester » Jun 27th, 2015, 6:03 pm

Arkham Knight didn't really have boss fights; more high stakes combat/predator encounters if you will. There technically isn't even a final boss, it's simply a Joker hallucination (very well done though). It was a let down in that department.
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Damian_Wayne » Jun 27th, 2015, 6:08 pm

Arkham Knight:
1.No Challenge Maps
4.Joker main villain
5.Predictable story

Arkham Origins:
3.Better boss fights
4.Joker main villain
5.Predictable story

Joker was the final boss? What? Do you mean when we played as him? It really was Bruce fighting off the Joker inside of him.
If anything the AK was the main villain.
"I wasn't taught to fight fair. I was taught to win."
Damian_Wayne

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Reborn

Postby BrainyAche » Jun 27th, 2015, 6:27 pm

Damian_Wayne wrote:

Arkham Knight:
1.No Challenge Maps
4.Joker main villain
5.Predictable story

Arkham Origins:
3.Better boss fights
4.Joker main villain
5.Predictable story

Joker was the final boss? What? Do you mean when we played as him? It really was Bruce fighting off the Joker inside of him.

Well if you look it that way yes the main villain was the Arkham Knight but even if the Joker was a hallucination he is still the last villain that you are against and this makes him a boss a main villain. At least for me. In this game the Joker was alive even if it wasnt. Its ok everybody wants to believe that this game is perfect even if its not. Even I want it to be perfect but its not. I think that everybody has something to complain about in this game. For me the main problem is the story for others the challenge maps and for others the boss fights.
BrainyAche

Postby Damian_Wayne » Jun 27th, 2015, 6:55 pm

BrainyAche wrote:
Damian_Wayne wrote:

Arkham Knight:
1.No Challenge Maps
4.Joker main villain
5.Predictable story

Arkham Origins:
3.Better boss fights
4.Joker main villain
5.Predictable story

Well if you look it that way yes the main villain was the Arkham Knight but even if the Joker was a hallucination he is still the last villain that you are against and this makes him a boss a main villain. At least for me. In this game the Joker was alive even if it wasnt. Its ok everybody wants to believe that this game is perfect even if its not. Even I want it to be perfect but its not. I think that everybody has something to complain about in this game. For me the main problem is the story for others the challenge maps and for others the boss fights.

Oh trust me I know the game isn't perfect. I just don't think the jokers presence in the game is one of its flawed moments.
"I wasn't taught to fight fair. I was taught to win."
Damian_Wayne

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Reborn

Postby reversepolarizer » Jun 27th, 2015, 7:57 pm

Damian_Wayne wrote:Oh trust me I know the game isn't perfect. I just don't think the jokers presence in the game is one of its flawed moments.

I'm kind of tore about this. On one hand, this is probably my favorite Joker work ever. Hearing him call Bats Bruce and just being horrible about Babs and Talia was absolutely delightful. But that also means that once again we get a main villain who isn't really the main focus of the game (and get taken down in a cutscene).
reversepolarizer

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow, Joker

Postby Arborea » Jun 28th, 2015, 2:31 am

I really liked the Deathstroke boss fight in Arkham Origins - my only complaint was that it was too early. Deathstroke is final boss material if I ever saw it.

I don't see why it matters that the Origins fights used the same mechanics and control schemes as Arkham City. There are only so many mechanics in video games. Technically, the only reason we use the X (B) button to run is that it's in the same position relative to the PS3 (XBox) controllers as the B button was on the NES controller.

It seems crazy to make Arkham Knight's fight with him a tank battle, but perhaps there were no resources/programming time left after doing everything else. Not that that's an excuse - I find it funny that you, as a game maker, are deep enough in the mythos to know Deacon Blackfire and Professor Pyg yet see no problem with only meeting Deathstroke in a tank battle.
Arborea
Tyger1
Tyger1

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn
Favourite Graphic Novel: Streets of Gotham

Postby PriestlyBlock67 » Jun 28th, 2015, 7:02 am

Arkham knight is the best one for me but it has alot of flaws that need to be fixed ASAP! Also we need remastered AA AO AC ASAP too
PriestlyBlock67

Favourite Villain: Bane
Favourite Graphic Novel: Knight Fall

Postby The Oracle » Jun 28th, 2015, 9:26 am

Sadly lacking. None of them really stood out. No Mr. Freeze or Killer Croc (AA version) here.
The Oracle

Favourite Graphic Novel: Batwoman: Elegy

Postby IllonaThursday » Jun 28th, 2015, 1:31 pm

This entire game feels like not giving Marshawn Lynch the ball last super bowl.

It's fantastic but any negatives are more confusing than outright bad.

Deathstroke in a tank? I'm still in shock.
IllonaThursday

Favourite Villain: ClayFace
Favourite Graphic Novel: Killing Joke

Postby SenSx » Jun 28th, 2015, 8:25 pm

Arkham Knigth story was too long, badly written, Scarecrow treatment SUCKED, no boss fight against Scarecrow, Arkham Knight boss fight SUCKED, and WAAAY to much batmobile sequences.

Gameplay was awesome, the rest was garbage.

Origins had a better story, and better boss battles.
SenSx

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow/Black Mask
Favourite Graphic Novel: Court of Owls

Postby PriestlyBlock67 » Jun 29th, 2015, 2:33 am

The main villain was scarecrow, joker was just a tool to break the bat
I was afraid of scarecrow all the way

-- Jun 29th, 2015, 2:33 am --

I was afraid of scarecrow all the way

-- Jun 29th, 2015, 2:33 am --