General AK Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Spoiler Warning! Please keep spoilers for Arkham Knight & its DLC contained within this subforum.
One rule: NO SPOILERS IN TOPIC TITLES

Re: General AK Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Postby Chob » Jul 13th, 2015, 2:28 am

I too love the anime suit. You think it would seem so out of place but it just works.

-- Jul 12th, 2015, 10:00 pm --

So I'm just free roaming on my 100% file, having fun beating up thugs, and a random battle gets me 875 XP. Tried replicating it, and nothing happened. Wish I'd not screwed up a few times. Very weird.
Chob

Postby Batarama » Jul 13th, 2015, 3:03 am

I have the game for Xbox One and have bought the season pass. I've heard all dlc, even pre-order exclusives, will be available for free if you have the season pass when the exclusive periods for the dlcs expire. Does anyone know when the ps4 exclusive skins and other exclusive content will be available?
Batarama

Postby Ebbtide » Jul 13th, 2015, 3:15 am

Batarama wrote:Does anyone know when the ps4 exclusive skins and other exclusive content will be available?

Fall 2015. The retail exclusives are supposed to come around fall as well, so I'd guess October is when you might see the PS4 and retailer content come to the Xbox One.

Hopefully PC has things resolved by then and also has access to them around that point.
Ebbtide

Favourite Villain: The Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby Batarama » Jul 13th, 2015, 3:25 am

Ebbtide wrote:
Batarama wrote:Does anyone know when the ps4 exclusive skins and other exclusive content will be available?

Fall 2015. The retail exclusives are supposed to come around fall as well, so I'd guess October is when you might see the PS4 and retailer content come to the Xbox One.

Hopefully PC has things resolved by then and also has access to them around that point.

K, thanks! Not too long. The Batgirl dlc should hold me back as far as new content until then.
Batarama

Postby TFDutchman » Jul 13th, 2015, 3:39 pm

A Leap of Faith is my new headache. Much like Blunt Trauma it appears to be a bit glitchy in unlocking. Went from jump to jump to jump, did at least 14 or 15 different jumps, did each multiple times to make sure I cleared the 100M, still no luck. Just would not pop for me.

Gonna have to keep trying and hopefully it'll unlock. Once i get it it's clear sailing to just finish off NG+ for another Platinum. I'll have Platinumed all the Arkham games except for Origins and it's stupid multiplayer related trophies. I hate games like that. If it was just progression based, fine, but i hate multiplayer trophies that rely on incredibly specific and unlikely to happen circumstances.

"Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder."
TFDutchman

Favourite Villain: Two-Face

Postby Ebbtide » Jul 13th, 2015, 4:32 pm

Personally, I find that the more I try to focus on multiplayer goals the more I never get them. In Origins I unlocked all the challenging ones without even thinking about it, but it was because I had been playing it for weeks and was so comfortable with it that it just came naturally. When I actively tried to get them in a match it would never work out, but if I just played it as relaxed as I could be it came easily.

The hardest part of Predator Paragon wasn't so much getting it, but hoping the 6 enemies stayed in the game and didn't quit out, which happens too often in that game. The instant you unlock it you'll find yourself doing it easily in matches that follow and you'll wonder why it was so hard to do initially.
Ebbtide

Favourite Villain: The Scarecrow

Postby BuNKiTZ » Jul 13th, 2015, 5:32 pm

TFDutchman wrote:A Leap of Faith is my new headache. Much like Blunt Trauma it appears to be a bit glitchy in unlocking. Went from jump to jump to jump, did at least 14 or 15 different jumps, did each multiple times to make sure I cleared the 100M, still no luck. Just would not pop for me.

Gonna have to keep trying and hopefully it'll unlock. Once i get it it's clear sailing to just finish off NG+ for another Platinum. I'll have Platinumed all the Arkham games except for Origins and it's stupid multiplayer related trophies. I hate games like that. If it was just progression based, fine, but i hate multiplayer trophies that rely on incredibly specific and unlikely to happen circumstances.

I was in your exact same spot yesterday morning. Then somehow, I got it in the afternoon while playing. I just kept doing jumps from one place to another in Bleake Island. I thought it best to retry their since there were plenty close to each other. I was actually driving away already when I got the trophy. I was surprised but ultimately just happy :oldyella:
BuNKiTZ

Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Postby TFDutchman » Jul 14th, 2015, 11:52 am

I got Leap of Faith. Did it in my NG+ playthrough. Just revisted a dozen or so jumps and eventually I got it to pop. It's definitely a finnicky trophy to unlock.

Ebbtide wrote:Personally, I find that the more I try to focus on multiplayer goals the more I never get them. In Origins I unlocked all the challenging ones without even thinking about it, but it was because I had been playing it for weeks and was so comfortable with it that it just came naturally. When I actively tried to get them in a match it would never work out, but if I just played it as relaxed as I could be it came easily.

The hardest part of Predator Paragon wasn't so much getting it, but hoping the 6 enemies stayed in the game and didn't quit out, which happens too often in that game. The instant you unlock it you'll find yourself doing it easily in matches that follow and you'll wonder why it was so hard to do initially.

Might've come naturally after a while, but Origins Multiplayer never worked great for me. Too much wait time just trying to find players for a match and even when I did get into matches the connection with the host would drop like stupid. Barely had any matches that actually made it all the way through to the end.

Still, having trophies that rely on other people and meeting specific requirements that can be entirely dependant on their behaviour is just a stupid idea. Not only that, but sooner or later a lack of players will make the game un-Platinumable. A games trophies should be designed in consideration that no matter when a gamer picks it up or plays it that all trophies and the Platinum should be obtainable.

TFDutchman

Postby cloakandcowl » Jul 14th, 2015, 1:31 pm

Trophies/achievements are often used to encourage players to play games in different ways.
For multiplayer it is also used to help keep people playing it by giving folks that care about achievements/trophies a reason to go there.
It's often difficult for some games not known for their multiplayer to maintain an online playerbase, it makes sense but it's also understandably frustrating. There's a pretty good reason why it's difficult.
cloakandcowl

Postby ??? » Jul 15th, 2015, 8:05 am

So, I have only 104/105 showcases. There's one missing in the playable character section. It was rumoured to be Batgirl, but I still don't have it and I finished the DLC. Any ideas?
Riddle me this, riddle me that...
???

Favourite Villain: Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: Killing Joke

Postby TFDutchman » Jul 15th, 2015, 3:53 pm

??? wrote:So, I have only 104/105 showcases. There's one missing in the playable character section. It was rumoured to be Batgirl, but I still don't have it and I finished the DLC. Any ideas?

Did you download the Flashpoint skin? Battirl doesn't appear in the showcase yet funnily I still get the extra locked slot appear every now and then. Must be a placeholder for some of the upcoming skins.

Got the platinum tonight. Cleared New Game Plus so I'm super happy. 100% all trophies including the dlc.

TFDutchman

Postby HaHaHa » Jul 16th, 2015, 12:00 pm

Apologies if some incredible bright spark has spoken about this already, but is it possible that Joker could make a return in a possible Arkham Knight sequel? I mean Harley says she wishes she had some of Mr J's blood before they toasted him. The thing is could Cadmus or whoever create a Joker from the blood of the 5 infected?
"don't you know I'm loco"
HaHaHa

Postby batman404 » Jul 17th, 2015, 9:30 am

Just got the Platinum! Could've gotten it over a week ago but I was holding off on finishing new game plus until a few new skins were released... screw waiting for August though.

100% on everything, without a guide. Just like the other Arkham games. Shameless gloating.

Phenomenal game, the best I've ever played (along with Asylum and City). Looking forward to the rest of the DLC! :adam:
batman404

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: YOne and TDKReturns

Postby ShadowHawk804 » Jul 17th, 2015, 1:10 pm

Alright, it's time to stop lurking. I want to get in on some discussion. (WARNING: HUGE WALL OF TEXT AHEAD)

I absolutely love this game, it completely blew my expectations out of the water. I really enjoyed the story, from beginning to end. The Joker's presence surprised me, but I am really pleased with how well he was implemented throughout the course of the game. Almost every bit of dialogue that came from his mouth had me giggling, or at the very least, grinning like an idiot. As for the Arkham Knight and his identity, I don't see how it could've been anyone else. Everything he said just screamed Jason to me. His reveal wasn't an "OH MY GOSH" moment, but I was grinning like an idiot (I did a lot of that in this game) because I could see the emotion in his face and hear it in his voice. Seeing Batman's reaction was also a plus. All of the guilt and pain just came rushing out of him. I thought Scarecrow was amazing as the main villain. He was so creepy and calculating, it definitely gave me a newfound appreciation for the character. As for the "first" ending, everything from Batman getting into the back of that van to the final cutscene just blew me away. Fighting all of the Jokers in Crime Alley, and then becoming the Joker for that creepy final segment of gameplay gave me goosebumps. The Batman/Weeping Angel stuff was so wicked! I loved it. I'm very happy with how the game ended.
As for the Knightfall Protocol, I didn't think too much about it. It's an extension of the ending to the game. I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it. If didn't take away from my experience at all.
Now, to the nitty gritty details of the game. I enjoyed most of the side missions . Pyg's was definitely my favorite. Man Bat and Firefly were nice to see, and there wasn't much that came out of the actual missions, but it was still cool that they appeared. I had a ton of fun with all of the militia stuff and the firefighters. I was kinda disappointed with how Deathstroke was handled though. I was pleasantly surprised when he came out of nowhere, but his boss battle was pretty disappointing. I thought the Two-Face and Penguin stuff was handled well, had quite a bit of fun with both of those. Azrael and Deacon were pretty cool additions. I thought Azrael would've played a bigger part, but I thought playing as him was a pretty nice touch. Riddler was Riddler. I had fun with all aspects of the side mission. And then there's Hush... Let's just say I was really, really disappointed with Hush...

Okay, now onto gameplay. Arkham Knight feels the most fluid in terms of combat compared to any of the previous games. I love the combat encounters in this game and I love the variety that comes along with them. Combat is definitely my favorite gameplay aspect. Predator is fantastic, as usual. I love all of the mechanics that were added, and the new gadgets are so much fun to use. I thought that making the different takedowns into silent takedowns was a great addition. Also, using the bat claw to perform silent takedowns is so satisfying. Now, onto the Batmobile. I love the Batmobile. It is a very welcome addition to the Arkham games. Pursuit mode is so smooth, you'd think it was a racing game. I was surprised at how well it handled. Battle mode is a ton of fun to use, but it can get kinda stale after you've unlocked everything for it.
The lack of Challenge Maps was kind of disappointing at first, but I have enough fun playing in Gotham that it doesn't bother me too much anymore. Harley and Red Hood's missions were fun while they lasted, I just wish that they lasted a little longer. I really enjoyed the Batgirl DLC, so I can't wait for the rest of the episodic content to come out. And lastly, screw Man Bat, Joker, and that Joker fish on the Batgirl DLC for making me jump out of my chair and banging my knee on my desk. Every. Freaking. Time.
ShadowHawk804

Favourite Villain: Hush
Favourite Graphic Novel: JLA: Tower of Babel

Postby BuNKiTZ » Jul 17th, 2015, 1:28 pm

batman404 wrote:Just got the Platinum! Could've gotten it over a week ago but I was holding off on finishing new game plus until a few new skins were released... screw waiting for August though.

100% on everything, without a guide. Just like the other Arkham games. Shameless gloating.

Phenomenal game, the best I've ever played (along with Asylum and City). Looking forward to the rest of the DLC! :adam:

Oh, I forgot to post it somewhere on the forum but I got the Platinum a few days ago too :oldyella:

Had to use some help, though, sadly :P Awesome work not using any guides, though! ^_^
BuNKiTZ

Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Knight SPOILER ZONE