Missed Oportunities and Things That Didn't Happen

Spoiler Warning! Please keep spoilers for Arkham Knight & its DLC contained within this subforum.
One rule: NO SPOILERS IN TOPIC TITLES

Missed Oportunities and Things That Didn't Happen

Postby Shadow of the Bat » Jul 2nd, 2015, 3:14 am

So i know most of us are done with the game, and even had some time to put the hype aside and think more objectively; we can agree this game wasn't perfect but at least it was worth the play and that it has its right to be in the Arkham quadrilogy.
Now, i think the worst part of the game are it's missed oportunities, like, putting as side missions certain villians.

-Hush
He made his face to look like Bruce Wayne's if that's not a huge deal i don't know what is, Arkham City's mission closure seemed to be predicting that, that was going to be a big part in the main campaign in Knight's.
But nope, we got another side mission that was disappointingly short.

-Azrael
I mean his whole prophecy was the game story and the reason at it's time that gave us hope for a third installment, and don't get me wrong on this one, giving us the ability to play as him was freaking cool (even if it just was Batman reskined) but i think we can agree we were expecting him to had a major role in the main story rather than just... a side mission.

-Boss Battles (especially Deathstroke's one)
Fortunately this game has a definitive improvement from Arkham City, but still wasn't enough, Firefly needed an aerial chase, and with gadgets in mid-air avaible, an aerial fight.
Two-Face, Penguin and Deacon were just a mere thugs with just a button push to finish them.
And GOD!! Deathstroke fight was a pain in the ass to get to, mines, APC's, combat and predator encounters with the militia, just to get... another Arkham Knight Batmobile fight, ughhh!! he is an assassin not Gearhead.
In this one Arkham Origins still has the cake.

Also oddly enough, it seems that this game had moments that were advertised but never happened, like these moments:

I was so eager to get to this part :(

This gave us hope for a Batcave, but, nope.

What about this one? it looked so epic but it was never shown.

I was dead sure this was going to be a flashback in Ivy's explanation.

This was the the best f*cking game i have played in my life it did so much good things, most of the game are good things, but like i say it isn't perfect, so...
Any other things you guys think this game lacks?
Shadow of the Bat

Favourite Villain: Owlman, Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman Gotica

Re: Missed Oportunities and Things That Didn't Happen

Postby CapLagRobin » Jul 2nd, 2015, 3:37 am

I hope Azrael will get a follow-up DLC, though.
I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of CapLagRobin, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God.
CapLagRobin

Favourite Graphic Novel: Never read one

Postby batman404 » Jul 2nd, 2015, 3:38 am

My only real complaints about AK are a few missed opportunities. Specifically, Ventriloquist and Creeper weren't in the game. :(
batman404

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: YOne and TDKReturns

Postby CapLagRobin » Jul 2nd, 2015, 3:43 am

batman404 wrote:Ventriloquist and Creeper weren't in the game. :(

Agreed... The Creeper is one of my favorite Batman allies, needed to be in the game. And an Arkhamized Ventriloquist (Peyton Riley or Arnold Wesker, they both exist in this continuity, apparently) would be great too.
I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of CapLagRobin, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God.
CapLagRobin

Favourite Graphic Novel: Never read one

Postby batman404 » Jul 2nd, 2015, 4:04 am

CapLagRobin wrote:
batman404 wrote:Ventriloquist and Creeper weren't in the game. :(

Agreed... The Creeper is one of my favorite Batman allies, needed to be in the game. And an Arkhamized Ventriloquist (Peyton Riley or Arnold Wesker, they both exist in this continuity, apparently) would be great too.

I like Peyton, and she seems to currently be the Ventriloquist in this continuity but I'd prefer Wesker. One of my top 5 favourite Batman villains, would've loved to have seen Rocksteady's take on him. :scar:
batman404

Favourite Graphic Novel: YOne and TDKReturns

Postby PriestlyBlock67 » Jul 2nd, 2015, 6:47 am

This is by far my fav game of all time

I thought Hush mission was good, short but really awesome.

Azrael was amazing.

The creeper, Killer Croc, Ra's, and a batcave hub... I hope they are all in DLC

-- Jul 2nd, 2015, 6:47 am --

Azrael was amazing.

-- Jul 2nd, 2015, 6:47 am --

Azrael was amazing.

PriestlyBlock67

Favourite Villain: Bane
Favourite Graphic Novel: Knight Fall

Postby Shadow of the Bat » Jul 2nd, 2015, 8:52 am

batman404 wrote:My only real complaints about AK are a few missed opportunities. Specifically, Ventriloquist and Creeper weren't in the game. :(

Hey dude, maybe thats the reason why you can find Ryder at the end.
Shadow of the Bat

Favourite Villain: Owlman, Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman Gotica

Postby Mr_Weasel_ » Jul 2nd, 2015, 9:00 am

This isn't really a missed opportunity but I would've liked to have seen where Crane was caged up after you defeated him.

batman404 wrote:My only real complaints about AK are a few missed opportunities. Specifically, Ventriloquist and Creeper weren't in the game. :(

When I heard Jack Ryder was missing I tried not to get my hopes up about him turning into the Creeper but of course I failed. I was hoping that for some bizarre reason he would become the Creeper if you failed to save him from Blackfire.
Mr_Weasel_

Favourite Villain: Hush, ManBat, Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush

Postby batters » Jul 2nd, 2015, 12:41 pm

I put this post on Reddit yesterday. here are my issues:

Firstly I must say that I love Arkham Knight and the only things that actually detract from the gameplay experience for me are the incessant tank battles.

The rest of my (slight) disappointment stems from things that I just feel to be missing from the game.

Wayne Manor/Batcave
This is Rocksteady's last hurrah and to me it feels incomplete without a fully explorable Wayne manor and batcave. I would love to be able to change batsuits in the fully realised cave (complete with giant penny and dinosaur) and push a button that activates the rotating platform which houses the batmobile and blast off through a tunnel and head towards gotham.

Batwing and Batcycle.
Just because. Nothing as in depth as the batmobile necessarily just the choice of these vehicles to get around Gotham. The model for the batwing was fully designed and moves around the city in the game, why not let us pilot it?

More villains.
I know the DLC is promising more but it kind of feels bolted on, and the initial game play experience has already happened. Arkham City really felt like it threw a lot of the classic characters in, even if some were only cameos, it really gave the game extra energy and this game really makes me miss them and their lack of presence is felt. This is the last in the series and we should have proper closure.

Better Arkham Knight boss battle.
I was hoping for like a Mr Freeze meets Killer Croc meets Deathstroke style boss battle. Firstly you have to gain access to his bunker without him detecting you and then once he realises you are there the Arkham Knight knows how to counter batman's classic gadgets and knows of his use of grates and the environment so forces him out into the open after a series of traps/counters and then go into an Origins Deathstroke type battle where they match other blow for blow. Even if it included QTE such as quickly showing a series of keys to press in order to effectively counter attack and beat him finishing with an ultimate beat down where you smash his mask from his face blow by blow, the first crack showing t
Spoiler: show
he J brand scar, causing Batman to act in horror as he dismantles the mask from his face
! I wouldn't mind there not being any other boss fights in the game if only they did that one right.

Classic Challenge Map style system
Same as all the other games. Including a 60's themed Dual play challenege with Batman and Robin in their classic suits with "POW!" "SOCK!" etc... and the camp 60's music.

Movie Skins!
Burton/Schumacher/Nolan costumes.

Better use of side quest villains
The sidequests to actually be slightly more interspersed in the actual Scarecrow scheme as opposed to being used as distractions during the main gameplay. I really enjoyed them but I would rather they were pieces of a bigger puzzle instead of the usual self contained chunks. Whilst we are here we may as well mention Hush being so utterly anti-climactic. I would love to have taken some of Wayne's sports cars for a spin after waltzing into Wayne Enterprises. (Side note:
Spoiler: show
was it really worth all that plastic surgery just so he could walk passed a receptionist? He just smashed Lucius' head into the desk to use his retinal scan after all)
!

Much more Dual Play, much less tanks.
Pretty much that. I would have been fine with 4 tank battles AT THE VERY MOST throughout the whole game, no more than that. Less is more, and being forced to doing something that is so left field of the main batman experience was always going to piss everyone off.

Darkness Takedowns
Batman to actually manually take out lights in a predator room and take out villains in the dark before the back up lights get activated. I can't believe this feature hasn't been added to any of the games!

Ramble over. Again, I do love the game, what is there is fantastic, I just wish there was more and I don't expect the DLC to offer much more up really.
batters

Favourite Villain: two-face

Postby Mr_Weasel_ » Jul 2nd, 2015, 12:50 pm

batters wrote:More villains.
I know the DLC is promising more but it kind of feels bolted on, and the initial game play experience has already happened. Arkham City really felt like it threw a lot of the classic characters in, even if some were only cameos, it really gave the game extra energy and this game really makes me miss them and their lack of presence is felt. This is the last in the series and we should have proper closure.

Ramble over. Again, I do love the game, what is there is fantastic, I just wish there was more and I don't expect the DLC to offer much more up really.

Closure is exactly what I wanted this game to have, even if it was closure for the different villain's paths, especially Harley after she lost her puddin. As for DLC not bringing much, I think that at least the Batgirl DLC will be great. I took about an hour break after finishing the core game and played both the Harley and Red Hood packs, both of which were very refreshing due to the lack of the Batmobile.
Mr_Weasel_

Favourite Villain: Hush, ManBat, Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush

Postby emperorob17 » Jul 2nd, 2015, 3:09 pm

batters wrote:
Classic Challenge Map style system
Same as all the other games. Including a 60's themed Dual play challenege with Batman and Robin in their classic suits with "POW!" "SOCK!" etc... and the camp 60's music.

I want this so bad :adam:

I just also want to play as Catwoman and other characters in challenge maps like in AC - I miss that
emperorob17

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Postby Calzones » Jul 2nd, 2015, 3:55 pm

Deathstroke battle and challenge rooms for me. After finding out the battle with Deathstroke was a tank battle I was so let down, but secretly hoping you would still have a fist fight with him after blowing up his tank, but nope. If that leaping out of the batmobile to meet in mid air scene had involved a mass of beat down and counter moves, even that would have been an improvement.

And the challenge rooms from the previous games gave me so much re-playability, was gutted when I found out that they had been removed for the other challenges. I want to play as all the playable characters in predator and combat rooms, just like before.
Calzones

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow

Postby IllonaThursday » Jul 2nd, 2015, 4:21 pm

-As much as I like Red Hood, I wish he was not the Arkham Knight
I think a missed opportunity would be having Jason actually happy because he thinks Batman killed Joker intentionally. Having his role consist of trying to convince Bruce to kill the rest of the rogue gallery. While Batman has to stop him.

- I wish Hush went public with his Bruce persona.

- Croc messed up Scarecrow, he should be in his cross-hairs just as well as Batman

- the new Jokers were nice touch, but for the sake of a finale, I would have preferred a story with more time with his established villains

- The Arkham Knight should have been Rocksteady's "Harley". I was completely for the "new original" character for this reason. Great game but it seemed like there was some intentional sabotage.

- I'm still in shock over the Deathstroke take down. Besides that, since it was so long to reach him, I think each of the tasks (road blocks, towers, mines) could have ended with a member from the Suicide Squad.

- they could have had Firefly say "Scream for me!" at least once
IllonaThursday

Favourite Villain: ClayFace
Favourite Graphic Novel: Killing Joke

Postby TheLaughingBat » Jul 2nd, 2015, 6:40 pm

Mr_Weasel_ wrote:This isn't really a missed opportunity but I would've liked to have seen where Crane was caged up after you defeated him.

Crane's in the GCPD lock-up cell along with the other villains. He's curled up in a ball, muttering in terror. (You can't interact with him, unfortunately.)

The Animated Series pioneered a style called “dark-deco” while The Batman pioneered a style called “why the POW is the sky green?” - Mark Pellegrini
TheLaughingBat

Favourite Villain: Joker, Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Red_Hood » Jul 4th, 2015, 7:09 pm

I am not going to complain about certain villains not being in the game until, Rocksteady has released all of the DLC for the game.

"Say hi to Joker for me."
Red_Hood

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Next

Return to Arkham Knight SPOILER ZONE