Missed Oportunities and Things That Didn't Happen

Spoiler Warning! Please keep spoilers for Arkham Knight & its DLC contained within this subforum.
One rule: NO SPOILERS IN TOPIC TITLES

Re: Missed Oportunities and Things That Didn't Happen

Postby ArthurWynne » Jul 4th, 2015, 9:36 pm

I was hoping somehow Killer Moth (who I hear is dead) would play a part in Firefly's mission. I really don't see why there needed to be 2 side missions about Firefly. It would have been cool if they had worked together and simply had Killer Moth holding a firefighter hostage.

Also, while it is nice to see Ratcatcher's gloves and mask, it is really annoying that we didn't get closure on his fate at Arkham City.

Another missed opportunity is the lack of female thugs in the series (female ninjas do not count - I mean thugs). Another female villain would have been nice. AK only introduced one new female villain, but she was like Joker... so not exactly too original.
ArthurWynne

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby Mr_Weasel_ » Jul 5th, 2015, 2:49 am

On missing characters from the game, what disappoints me most about it is receiving all of the bios, stories and easter eggs in previous games that point towards the different villains of the Arkhamverse, yet they never appear.

There is a scene in the launch trailer where Barbara, Batty, Nightwing and Robin are all in the clock tower together. That never happened in the game and I find it strange that there were a few scenes used in the launch trailer that never appeared in the final game.

ArthurWynne wrote:I was hoping somehow Killer Moth (who I hear is dead) would play a part in Firefly's mission.

I've heard a few people say this. Why is he supposed to be dead?
Mr_Weasel_

Favourite Villain: Hush, ManBat, Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush

Postby legion » Jul 5th, 2015, 2:52 am

Mr_Weasel_ wrote:On missing characters from the game, what disappoints me most about it is receiving all of the bios, stories and easter eggs in previous games that point towards the different villains of the Arkhamverse, yet they never appear.

There is a scene in the launch trailer where Barbara, Batty, Nightwing and Robin are all in the clock tower together. That never happened in the game and I find it strange that there were a few scenes used in the launch trailer that never appeared in the final game.

ArthurWynne wrote:I was hoping somehow Killer Moth (who I hear is dead) would play a part in Firefly's mission.

He came down with a fatal case of Jason Todd.
Sanity is Overrated
legion

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow/Black Mask

Postby Mr_Weasel_ » Jul 5th, 2015, 3:12 am

legion wrote:
Mr_Weasel_ wrote:

Oh... :( Did that become known through the Red Hood story pack?
Mr_Weasel_

Postby legion » Jul 5th, 2015, 3:13 am

Mr_Weasel_ wrote:
legion wrote:
Mr_Weasel_ wrote:

Yeah, Thug chatter mention that Jason took him out the month previously.
Sanity is Overrated
legion

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow/Black Mask

Postby Mr_Weasel_ » Jul 5th, 2015, 3:56 am

legion wrote:
Mr_Weasel_ wrote:
legion wrote:
Mr_Weasel_ wrote:

Well darn. We may still be in for a chance of seeing Moth in dlc as the Red Hood pack is set after AK isn't it?
Mr_Weasel_

Postby arkham maniac 22 » Jul 5th, 2015, 4:36 am

Mr_Weasel_ wrote:
legion wrote:
Mr_Weasel_ wrote:
legion wrote:
Mr_Weasel_ wrote:I've heard a few people say this. Why is he supposed to be dead?

Well darn. We may still be in for a chance of seeing Moth in dlc as the Red Hood pack is set after AK isn't it?

Yeah, we could get it. I would love to see Rocksteady's design for him. He's always had pretty goofy designs but I think they could make him a little more serious. Maybe Killa Moff would show up again aswell. :oldyella:
"Now madness takes you forever" - Scarecrow
arkham maniac 22

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Haloween

Postby shadow » Jul 5th, 2015, 12:47 pm

Azrael and Hush were massive wasted opportunities in AK.

Talk about disappointing. Both had lots of potential story wise, but were wrapped up quickly.
shadow

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: TDKR

Postby FearGasVictim11 » Jul 5th, 2015, 10:56 pm

I just realised that some of the meeting between the villains can be heard on the audio tapes. Thought they left that out completely.
FearGasVictim11

Postby Hobgoblin » Jul 6th, 2015, 5:05 pm

Was anyone else hoping for a better send-off for these characters?

I mean, Harvey gives this whole speech to Batman if you arrest him after the stuff with Scarecrow where he says a lot of meaningful things about who Bruce really is and Batman just doesn't say anything in response.

You beat Riddler for the fourth game in a row and all he has to say is "Argh, you cheated. I'll get you next time." The same thing he always says.

I dunno, I was hoping for more finality. Maybe Riddler breaks down and realizes he's become his father or realizes he could've been doing something good with his intelligence and reforms to become a detective. Maybe Two-Face decides to get the other half of his face fixed so he can try to do his part to help Gotham after Batman's gone. Maybe Harley actually gets over the Joker instead of babbling on about him for the 100th time.
Hobgoblin

Favourite Villain: Firefly or Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby HaHaHa » Jul 6th, 2015, 5:21 pm

Plot hole?

Okay just thinking what was the actual point of the Scarecrow releasing the fear toxin in first place? He let everyone escape downtown Gotham so they could see the Batman be reduced to ashes, so why have the bomb at all?! At least it makes sense in the DKR to have the bomb to keep outside interference away but in Arkham Knight they're like "meh, no one's interested. We're on our own". So after failing to cover the eastern seaboard in fear toxin, he then releases it in downtown Gotham when the really only ones at risk are the thugs and the milita know to be above or under it, and the GCPD are deep underground, so why?! Am I forgetting something? How did Rocksteady write such a stupid plot?
"don't you know I'm loco"
HaHaHa

Postby PriestlyBlock67 » Jul 6th, 2015, 5:39 pm

HaHaHa wrote:Plot hole?

Okay just thinking what was the actual point of the Scarecrow releasing the fear toxin in first place? He let everyone escape downtown Gotham so they could see the Batman be reduced to ashes, so why have the bomb at all?! At least it makes sense in the DKR to have the bomb to keep outside interference away but in Arkham Knight they're like "meh, no one's interested. We're on our own". So after failing to cover the eastern seaboard in fear toxin, he then releases it in downtown Gotham when the really only ones at risk are the thugs and the milita know to be above or under it, and the GCPD are deep underground, so why?! Am I forgetting something? How did Rocksteady write such a stupid plot?

He needed panic so people would be too focused on leaving in the bus and he would be able to take control of ACE chemicals and spread the militia all over gotham.

After they have a bomb, hostages and an army that is more powerful than the US army all over the city, outside intervention was nearly impossible.

The cloudburst was going to hit other cities eventually

Batman cares about criminals(as he chose to save all of those lives before going after Talia & Joker in AC)
So releasing the toxin shows how much Batman has failed with himself & the world
PriestlyBlock67

Favourite Villain: Bane
Favourite Graphic Novel: Knight Fall

Postby BuNKiTZ » Jul 6th, 2015, 5:51 pm

I'm kind of pissed at the missing scenes. All the ones Shadow of the Bat posted, but mostly the one in the latest TV spots where Batman's standing somewhere up high while choppers are flying away. That was a beautiful scene and my favorite, so I was really excited and looking forward to screen-capping the shit out of it and even recording it maybe. Ugh.

Here's a GIF I made of the scene in question:

Ugh, I'm so angry that they didn't include that beautiful shot.
BuNKiTZ

Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Postby Chob » Jul 6th, 2015, 7:50 pm

Everything Hush.

Fucking hell, the Arkham City side mission that served as a "set up" for this game's encounter was way more satisfying than this game's encounter itself.

Would've been cool as a stealth section in Wayne Tower where maybe you rescue Wayne Enterprises employees that seeked refuge in there besides Lucius and his secretary. And you could've seen maybe some R&D sections and potential gadgets in development or other parts of the building.

Or hell, use Elliot Memorial Hospital for more than just a riddle and bring back a creepy hospital atmosphere for the first time since Asylum. Maybe have more victims for other personas Hush is looking to take on after he kills Wayne after ruining his reputation or something. Make up a supervillain justification for it, I dunno. Whatever flimsy narrative excuse allows for you to have people scared to death that their faces are gonna be hacked off. :lol:

That last part may have been too similar to the Pyg mission, but it would've been consistent with Arkham City.

That's a small black mark on what was otherwise an excellent game with generally satisfying side missions.
Chob

Postby BuNKiTZ » Jul 7th, 2015, 3:31 am

Chob wrote:Everything Hush.

Fucking hell, the Arkham City side mission that served as a "set up" for this game's encounter was way more satisfying than this game's encounter itself.

Would've been cool as a stealth section in Wayne Tower where maybe you rescue Wayne Enterprises employees that seeked refuge in there besides Lucius and his secretary. And you could've seen maybe some R&D sections and potential gadgets in development or other parts of the building.

Or hell, use Elliot Memorial Hospital for more than just a riddle and bring back a creepy hospital atmosphere for the first time since Asylum. Maybe have more victims for other personas Hush is looking to take on after he kills Wayne after ruining his reputation or something. Make up a supervillain justification for it, I dunno. Whatever flimsy narrative excuse allows for you to have people scared to death that their faces are gonna be hacked off. :lol:

That last part may have been too similar to the Pyg mission, but it would've been consistent with Arkham City.

That's a small black mark on what was otherwise an excellent game with generally satisfying side missions.

Ugh, POW. Those are great ideas. *sighs*
BuNKiTZ

Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Knight SPOILER ZONE