Missed Oportunities and Things That Didn't Happen

Spoiler Warning! Please keep spoilers for Arkham Knight & its DLC contained within this subforum.
One rule: NO SPOILERS IN TOPIC TITLES

Re: Missed Oportunities and Things That Didn't Happen

Postby cloakandcowl » Jul 7th, 2015, 12:37 pm

I was surprised they never did anything with detective vision for hallucinations.
Aside from looking at the joker and confirming he's not a thing, has no skeleton etc.
I was surprised there wasn't any jump scares or crazy visions that detective mode showed at any point, just to make people nervous about using it for a little while.
cloakandcowl

Postby E.Nigma Show » Jul 7th, 2015, 2:26 pm

cloakandcowl wrote:I was surprised they never did anything with detective vision for hallucinations.
Aside from looking at the joker and confirming he's not a thing, has no skeleton etc.
I was surprised there wasn't any jump scares or crazy visions that detective mode showed at any point, just to make people nervous about using it for a little while.

Yeah the only thing is Nightwing and Robin don't have one either. I think it was a mistake on RS's part.
? ? ? RiDdLe mE tHiS ? ? ?
E.Nigma Show

Favourite Villain: Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby crush8503 » Jul 8th, 2015, 12:54 am

I fully expected to see Harvey Bullock in Knight. He is one of my favorite Batman supporting characters. So it was a real treat when he appeared in Origins (voiced to perfection by Robert Costanzo), but we just didn't get enough of him. He's usually at Gordon's side and being that he's often at-odds with Batman, it would have been interesting to see their dynamic play out.
crush8503

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby Jack out of Box » Jul 8th, 2015, 2:20 am

The whole Hush sidequest seemed so uninspired I wonder if they even wanted to include him in Arkham City to begin with.

I also wonder with the whole unmasking of batman plotpoint if Hush somehow has a role to play in post-ending DLC.

Hell, why didn't Batman throw Elliot in Jail and continue to live on as batman?
Jack out of Box

Favourite Villain: Mr. Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby BuNKiTZ » Jul 8th, 2015, 6:44 pm

I wrote:They missed such a great opportunity by using Tim instead of Jason. It all makes perfect sense if they used the latter for this DLC. This could add depth to his backstory to strengthen the main story. We already have his design and model (I am assuming the model is restricted to the wheelchair, so they'd have to work around that a bit). We've got a voice actor. Gameplay? We sure have that too. Red Hood. Get rid of the guns and tweak his animations. Voila. You're done. Want to make it more interesting without putting too much effort in it? Give him a "rage mode." Jason has what Becky called "explosive rage." That's a big part of Jason's tenure as Robin, and as a person in general. Turn that into a gameplay mechanic like Harley's "Psycho Mode" or whatever. Boom. You're done.

And guess what else falls perfectly into place? Working together so closely, Barbara would easily notice Jason's rage. It would be an issue she brings up with Bruce later. Then, some time after the DLC, or maybe at the end, Barbara gets paralyzed. Jason gets even angrier. Cue "The Fall." Arkham Asylum, City, and Knight follows.
BuNKiTZ

Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Postby AW8 » Jul 8th, 2015, 6:59 pm

Chob wrote:Everything Hush.

Fucking hell, the Arkham City side mission that served as a "set up" for this game's encounter was way more satisfying than this game's encounter itself.

Oh yes indeed. The narrative is ridiculously short and a complete letdown. And don't get me started on the gameplay, which involves pressing a button.
"All the martial arts ninja training in the world doesn't matter a tinker's damn. The only thing that counts is whether or not you have the will to do what needs to be done. " -Black Mask
AW8

Favourite Villain: Bane
Favourite Graphic Novel: Year One

Postby dk09w1ngz » Jul 12th, 2015, 11:50 am

AR Challenge Maps in Ace Chemicals. C'MON.

MORE GOTHAM. Three islands are not enough.
dk09w1ngz

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Man Who Laughs

Postby Mr_Weasel_ » Jul 13th, 2015, 3:17 am

I will be the first to say that after his nod in Arkham City I was disappointed that Crazy Quilt didn't make an appearance in Arkham Knight. :P
Mr_Weasel_

Favourite Villain: Hush, ManBat, Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush

Postby Chob » Jul 13th, 2015, 3:29 am

Even if it would be mostly inaccessible, not letting us go back to Ace just strikes me as lazy.
Chob

Postby BuNKiTZ » Jul 13th, 2015, 5:52 am

Mr_Weasel_ wrote:I will be the first to say that after his nod in Arkham City I was disappointed that Crazy Quilt didn't make an appearance in Arkham Knight. :P

Wait, there was a nod to him?
BuNKiTZ

Postby dk09w1ngz » Jul 13th, 2015, 6:16 am

Chob wrote:Even if it would be mostly inaccessible, not letting us go back to Ace just strikes me as lazy.

I don't mind that. What I mind is the lack of challenge maps for ACE.
dk09w1ngz

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Man Who Laughs

Postby Wyrewho » Jul 13th, 2015, 1:02 pm

The onlg missed opportunity that really frustrated me was they went back to the Asylum, but we got virtually no gameplay. A predator room from AA would have been brilliant.
Wyrewho

Favourite Villain: The Riddler

Postby Mr_Weasel_ » Jul 13th, 2015, 1:44 pm

BuNKiTZ wrote:
Mr_Weasel_ wrote:I will be the first to say that after his nod in Arkham City I was disappointed that Crazy Quilt didn't make an appearance in Arkham Knight. :P

Well, some thugs near the mueseum mentioned him in their conversation. I think a couple claimed to have seen him.
Mr_Weasel_

Favourite Villain: Hush, ManBat, Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush

Postby BuNKiTZ » Jul 13th, 2015, 2:30 pm

Mr_Weasel_ wrote:
BuNKiTZ wrote:

Well, some thugs near the mueseum mentioned him in their conversation. I think a couple claimed to have seen him.

All these years of playing City and I somehow missed that...? :I Maybe I just didn't recognize it cause I didn't know the character back then.
BuNKiTZ

Postby E.Nigma Show » Jul 13th, 2015, 5:29 pm

BuNKiTZ wrote:
Mr_Weasel_ wrote:
BuNKiTZ wrote:

All these years of playing City and I somehow missed that...? :I Maybe I just didn't recognize it cause I didn't know the character back then.

Yeah, I remember that quote. There is a nod to him in Knight though. It's one of the shops you see....

Speaking of characters we never saw...I really am disappointed Maxie Zeus did not make an appearance. After seeing his awesome cell in Aslyum and his building in City....and the way the City story talked about him...such a shame...
? ? ? RiDdLe mE tHiS ? ? ?
E.Nigma Show

Favourite Villain: Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Knight SPOILER ZONE