What did they do to Croc

Spoiler Warning! Please keep spoilers for Arkham Knight & its DLC contained within this subforum.
One rule: NO SPOILERS IN TOPIC TITLES

What did they do to Croc

Postby arkham maniac 22 » Jul 3rd, 2015, 4:15 am

I mean looks nothing like he did in the past games! Is there any reason he's like this now. Any explanation in the prequel comics. Becuase I think his new design is horrible dosen't even resemble his old self!
"Now madness takes you forever" - Scarecrow
arkham maniac 22

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Haloween

Re: What did they do to Croc

Postby Dethklokx7 » Jul 3rd, 2015, 4:24 am

The reasoning is that Croc's "condition" gets worse over time, further mutating him into a monster. In Origins, Waylon had more human features, in Asylum/City he grows considerably larger and forms even more grotesque teeth, and finally in Knight it appears he's still growing (his one arm for example) and apparently has a tail. It might be a bit much, but it isn't the first time its been done with the character (see the HUSH comic arc for example).
Dethklokx7

Favourite Villain: Clayface

Postby BuNKiTZ » Jul 3rd, 2015, 7:28 am

I'm pretty sure this was either because of TITAN or Scarecrow. Either ways, whatever it was, I'm definitely interested in finding out what happened. Thankfully, we're getting Croc DLC. Otherwise, I wouldn't be interested in it.

I doubt this has to do with his condition, though. It's an abnormal version of a skin disease, not something that would give him a tail. His transformation in the Hush storyline was due to, ah, actually, I forgot who it was, but somebody did something to him. He wanted to turn back to "normal," if I recall correctly.
BuNKiTZ

Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Postby FearGasVictim11 » Jul 3rd, 2015, 9:57 am

BuNKiTZ wrote:I'm pretty sure this was either because of TITAN or Scarecrow. Either ways, whatever it was, I'm definitely interested in finding out what happened. Thankfully, we're getting Croc DLC. Otherwise, I wouldn't be interested in it.

I doubt this has to do with his condition, though. It's an abnormal version of a skin disease, not something that would give him a tail. His transformation in the Hush storyline was due to, ah, actually, I forgot who it was, but somebody did something to him. He wanted to turn back to "normal," if I recall correctly.

The only Arkham-version of Croc who could nearly pass as someone with a skin disease is the one in Origins. You don't grow 11 ft tall and get eyes and teeth like that because of a skin desease. He was already mutating into a human crocodile during Asylum.
FearGasVictim11

Postby Bart. » Jul 3rd, 2015, 10:30 am

BuNKiTZ wrote:I'm pretty sure this was either because of TITAN or Scarecrow. Either ways, whatever it was, I'm definitely interested in finding out what happened. Thankfully, we're getting Croc DLC. Otherwise, I wouldn't be interested in it.

We're getting Croc DLC?!

Yes!
Bart.

Favourite Villain: Joker

Postby BuNKiTZ » Jul 3rd, 2015, 1:56 pm

FearGasVictim11 wrote:

The only Arkham-version of Croc who could nearly pass as someone with a skin disease is the one in Origins. You don't grow 11 ft tall and get eyes and teeth like that because of a skin desease. He was already mutating into a human crocodile during Asylum.

Well, I'd like to think that's the extent of his mutation. He can't possibly have changed this much in just a year.
BuNKiTZ

Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Postby MooCow » Jul 3rd, 2015, 2:34 pm

BuNKiTZ wrote:
FearGasVictim11 wrote:

Well, I'd like to think that's the extent of his mutation. He can't possibly have changed this much in just a year.

Agreed, the difference between origins croc and asylum croc is extreme but that was over 5 years and resemblance can still be seen. Also he did have a more humanoid body but the AK croc looks like a giant green blob and doesn't show any human characteristics, besides standing on two legs.
MooCow

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby FearGasVictim11 » Jul 3rd, 2015, 2:37 pm

BuNKiTZ wrote:
FearGasVictim11 wrote:

You have a point here. A year seems a little short. Although this is a comic-universe, so it's hard to determine what's realistic or not, because you can't really compare it to our understanding of realism :adam:
FearGasVictim11

Postby MooCow » Jul 3rd, 2015, 2:47 pm

Main thing I wanna know is how he can he still swim with such a large body?
MooCow

Favourite Villain: The Joker

Postby Mr_Weasel_ » Jul 3rd, 2015, 4:53 pm

MooCow wrote:Main thing I wanna know is how he can he still swim with such a large body?

He has assistance.
Mr_Weasel_

Favourite Villain: Hush, ManBat, Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush

Postby CapLagRobin » Jul 3rd, 2015, 4:59 pm

Does anyone have a screenshot?
I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of CapLagRobin, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God.
CapLagRobin

Favourite Graphic Novel: Never read one

Postby Benji » Jul 3rd, 2015, 5:45 pm

I thought he looked like a porcupine

Storms come and go. The big fish eat the little fish and I keep on paddling.
Benji

Favourite Villain: Team Rocket
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Postby E.Nigma Show » Jul 3rd, 2015, 7:45 pm

IMO he looked horrible. I immediately thought he looked like a mini Godzilla.

I understand that his condition worsens over time, but I thought the Arkham games have made him look amazing up until Knight.
? ? ? RiDdLe mE tHiS ? ? ?
E.Nigma Show

Favourite Villain: Riddler

Postby legion » Jul 3rd, 2015, 7:59 pm

I hope when they, hopefully, release a trailer for the Season of Infamy DLC we'll get a better look at Croc. I have a feeling this one looks better up close than far away...though I will not argue the spikes on the side of his body are WAY too long.
Sanity is Overrated
legion

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow/Black Mask

Postby Doudyx-X-xDubs » Jul 3rd, 2015, 8:53 pm

Am I missing something or is this all speculation off that one riddle? I'll have to go back and look...I don't remember what I even saw. I was in the collectible zone.

"I once told a man to go screw himself. Can you even imagine?"
Doudyx-X-xDubs

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

Next

Return to Arkham Knight SPOILER ZONE