What did they do to Croc

Spoiler Warning! Please keep spoilers for Arkham Knight & its DLC contained within this subforum.
One rule: NO SPOILERS IN TOPIC TITLES

Re: What did they do to Croc

Postby E.Nigma Show » Jul 3rd, 2015, 9:31 pm

Doudyx-X-xDubs wrote:Am I missing something or is this all speculation off that one riddle? I'll have to go back and look...I don't remember what I even saw. I was in the collectible zone.

MAJOR SPOILERS. AVOID IF YOU HAVE NOT COMPLETED THE MAIN STORY
Spoiler: show
When you play as Joker, I believe before the Jokermobile scene, Croc is in a cutscene in the back. He looks like Godzilla to me.
? ? ? RiDdLe mE tHiS ? ? ?
E.Nigma Show

Favourite Villain: Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby Doudyx-X-xDubs » Jul 3rd, 2015, 11:26 pm

E.Nigma Show wrote:
Doudyx-X-xDubs wrote:Am I missing something or is this all speculation off that one riddle? I'll have to go back and look...I don't remember what I even saw. I was in the collectible zone.

When you play as Joker, I believe before the Jokermobile scene, Croc is in a cutscene in the back. He looks like Godzilla to me.

ohhhh when all the villains are talking to joker. I'll have to remember to watch for it NG+ I didn't catch him back there the first time.

"I once told a man to go screw himself. Can you even imagine?"
Doudyx-X-xDubs

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

Postby Justice » Jul 4th, 2015, 1:14 am

Doudyx-X-xDubs wrote:
E.Nigma Show wrote:

ohhhh when all the villains are talking to joker. I'll have to remember to watch for it NG+ I didn't catch him back there the first time.

http://i.imgur.com/NdXPqpj.jpg
Justice

Favourite Villain: Killer Croc

Postby CapLagRobin » Jul 4th, 2015, 1:18 am

Thanks for the screenshot... And yes, he looks more like a lizard now. Gotta umodel him and get a closer look...
I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of CapLagRobin, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God.
CapLagRobin

Favourite Graphic Novel: Never read one

Postby BuNKiTZ » Jul 4th, 2015, 1:23 am

FearGasVictim11 wrote:
BuNKiTZ wrote:
FearGasVictim11 wrote:
BuNKiTZ wrote:I'm pretty sure this was either because of TITAN or Scarecrow. Either ways, whatever it was, I'm definitely interested in finding out what happened. Thankfully, we're getting Croc DLC. Otherwise, I wouldn't be interested in it.

I doubt this has to do with his condition, though. It's an abnormal version of a skin disease, not something that would give him a tail. His transformation in the Hush storyline was due to, ah, actually, I forgot who it was, but somebody did something to him. He wanted to turn back to "normal," if I recall correctly.

The only Arkham-version of Croc who could nearly pass as someone with a skin disease is the one in Origins. You don't grow 11 ft tall and get eyes and teeth like that because of a skin desease. He was already mutating into a human crocodile during Asylum.

Well, I'd like to think that's the extent of his mutation. He can't possibly have changed this much in just a year.

You have a point here. A year seems a little short. Although this is a comic-universe, so it's hard to determine what's realistic or not, because you can't really compare it to our understanding of realism :adam:

There are things in the comic book worlds that you can pass off as plausible because of the not-realistic nature of the universe, but there are still plenty that you can't do that too. Sure, time isn't strictly defined in any of these things, but time still works the same way. Still, yeah, his mutation could somehow have been accelerated, I suppose.

I'm still banking on TITAN or Crane.
BuNKiTZ

Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Postby Justice » Jul 4th, 2015, 1:41 am

CapLagRobin wrote:

Thanks for the screenshot... And yes, he looks more like a lizard now. Gotta umodel him and get a closer look...

The picture was supplied in another thread by a user who's name escapes me. [sorry!]

But hey, you're welcome anyhow. I really like this rendition of Croc. He looks less comical now [imo] and more believable. I mean he looks like he's a living, breathing beast now. Maybe it's the next gen graphics at work.
Justice

Postby CapLagRobin » Jul 4th, 2015, 1:45 am

Justice wrote:
CapLagRobin wrote:

The picture was supplied in another thread by a user who's name escapes me. [sorry!]

But hey, you're welcome anyhow. I really like this rendition of Croc. He looks less comical now [imo] and more believable. I mean he looks like he's a living, breathing beast now. Maybe it's the next gen graphics at work.

Yeah, I kinda like it... Except for his long spine, looks weird to me
I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of CapLagRobin, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God.
CapLagRobin

Postby Justice » Jul 4th, 2015, 2:09 am

CapLagRobin wrote:
Justice wrote:
CapLagRobin wrote:

Yeah, I kinda like it... Except for his long spine, looks weird to me

He has a bullet-proof hide in the comics iirc. Maybe the design is trying to emphasize that.
Justice

Postby E.Nigma Show » Jul 4th, 2015, 5:01 am

This pic does not show Croc from the side. He now has a long tail. It's the first thing I saw. Stuck out like a sore thumb. Like Godzilla.
? ? ? RiDdLe mE tHiS ? ? ?
E.Nigma Show

Favourite Villain: Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby HaHaHa » Jul 4th, 2015, 7:42 am

Gotta love it when Joker says "Croc old boy!"
"don't you know I'm loco"
HaHaHa

Postby CapLagRobin » Jul 4th, 2015, 11:10 pm

I'll just put this here...
CapLagRobin

Postby legion » Jul 4th, 2015, 11:15 pm

CapLagRobin wrote:

Huh...don't hate it, don't love it. Need to see it in game before making a judgment.
Sanity is Overrated
legion

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow/Black Mask

Postby Xranf » Jul 5th, 2015, 12:45 am

CapLagRobin wrote:

Then... You must have screens of ras al ghul and mister freeze! Please show us the pics!
Xranf

Postby ADarkHunter » Jul 5th, 2015, 1:50 am

Xranf wrote:
CapLagRobin wrote:

Then... You must have screens of ras al ghul and mister freeze! Please show us the pics!

Why would he have screens of Ra's and Freeze? He's just showing us the model from that scene in the game.
Remember the Arkham Asylum forums? Good times, right?
ADarkHunter

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn,RedHood
Favourite Graphic Novel: Night Cries/Joker

Postby Birdy Boy » Jul 5th, 2015, 3:18 am

The closest thing to this croc actually being human is his nipples :oldyella:
Birdy Boy
Tyger1
Tyger1

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Knight SPOILER ZONE